SFL Div 3 Reserves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good win for the Yarras over Mount. Will be preparing all week to play the Skye juggernaut. Skye could conceivably do the Seniors/Reserves double. Gags was good for Sandown, and Deano had a good first half but went a little quiet in the second. Despite the score, it didn't really seem the game was over until well into the last to us.

Disappointing to see the Mount twos bring an esky full of beer with them. Members of our Committee were (rightly) very annoyed. That sort of thing only encourages us not to support Mount's bar next time and the clubs are the losers in the end.

By some strange coincidence, the Yarras and Canterbury both had groups end up at the Terminus. Canterbury sound like they've bounced back in the ones and twos since last week's disappointments.

Good win for the Yarras over Mount. Will be preparing all week to play the Skye juggernaut. Skye could conceivably do the Seniors/Reserves double. Gags was good for Sandown, and Deano had a good first half but went a little quiet in the second. Despite the score, it didn't really seem the game was over until well into the last to us.

Disappointing to see the Mount twos bring an esky full of beer with them. Members of our Committee were (rightly) very annoyed. That sort of thing only encourages us not to support Mount's bar next time and the clubs are the losers in the end.

By some strange coincidence, the Yarras and Canterbury both had groups end up at the Terminus. Canterbury sound like they've bounced back in the ones and twos since last week's disappointments.
At present trying to bounce back from the stint at the terminus:D

Hey Cow,

Rumour has it, you guys had the same umpire from last week against us.

Did you have 2 umpires or just the one again?

We had only one umpire and he was absolutely useless. Calling frees from behind play and not in position to call many at all.:mad:

How did you guys fare with the loss of a few guys due to injury?

Well played by the Yarra's 2nds on Sat, look foward to the next time around.

Bad form by our blokes if that is the case, i will have words to the group this week. You are right bar sales are the life line of our clubs and to do that is not on. :thumbsdown:

Hey Cow,

Rumour has it, you guys had the same umpire from last week against us.

Did you have 2 umpires or just the one again?

We had only one umpire and he was absolutely useless. Calling frees from behind play and not in position to call many at all.:mad:

How did you guys fare with the loss of a few guys due to injury?
We did well Jim, same umpire as last week. Had a good game, no dropping the ball decisions like last week. :D Umpiring's always better when you don't think of it as an issue, and no real obvious mistakes stood out. Good bloke too, had a beer with some of the boys from both sides after the game.

Yeah, had the five out from the Seniors since last week and another of our best in the twos from last week unavailable because of a wedding too. A lot of the blokes that came in were very hungry and determined to earn their spots, so the competition is bringing out the best in us. Spotty (for those that know him) was outstanding and just about BOG. Game was still up for grabs halfway through the last quarter in my opinion. Gags, Deano, #47 and Paddy looked among their best. Unfortunately Dildo went down with an ankle just before half time. Hopefully he'll be back soone enough and Hadley did well rucking the second half.

Another of our midfielders is carrying an injury and had a run in the thirds, but was pretty much doing it by himself. Thirds need time to gel and will hopefully be a bit better when a few come back in the other two sides. I've no idea what they feed Mount's thirds, but they're all beanstalks!

We did well Jim, same umpire as last week. Had a good game, no dropping the ball decisions like last week. :D Umpiring's always better when you don't think of it as an issue, and no real obvious mistakes stood out. Good bloke too, had a beer with some of the boys from both sides after the game.

Yeah, had the five out from the Seniors since last week and another of our best in the twos from last week unavailable because of a wedding too. A lot of the blokes that came in were very hungry and determined to earn their spots, so the competition is bringing out the best in us. Spotty (for those that know him) was outstanding and just about BOG. Game was still up for grabs halfway through the last quarter in my opinion. Gags, Deano, #47 and Paddy looked among their best. Unfortunately Dildo went down with an ankle just before half time. Hopefully he'll be back soone enough and Hadley did well rucking the second half.

Another of our midfielders is carrying an injury and had a run in the thirds, but was pretty much doing it by himself. Thirds need time to gel and will hopefully be a bit better when a few come back in the other two sides. I've no idea what they feed Mount's thirds, but they're all beanstalks!
Open you eyes man,Gags and Paddy had more turn overs than a macca's burger on a hot plate,deano was just servicable and #47 played a lone hand all in all a very disappointing game from Mounts 2's and maybe it's time for some players to get the chop chop in particular # 2,15,36,43,46,59 shall i continue.:eek:

Open you eyes man,Gags and Paddy had more turn overs than a macca's burger on a hot plate,deano was just servicable and #47 played a lone hand all in all a very disappointing game from Mounts 2's and maybe it's time for some players to get the chop chop in particular # 2,15,36,43,46,59 shall i continue.:eek:

Gags and Patty were probably our two best players.
Our forward line just didn't seem to function properly, only getting 1 goal out of our key forward compared to the 5 or 6 he kicked last week (credit to Sth Yarra's defence for doing this).
We just couldn't match Sth Yarra's intensity, especially around the stoppages. I reckon our Rucks won more taps but their midfielders won way more clearances.
Our backline did well considering the lack of support from the rest of us.
It's still early days yet, we'll just have to focus on our mistakes/weaknesses on the training track and bounce back next week.
But overall, Sth Yarra used the ball better, were smarter with their positioning of players and showed more intensity and hunger.

Gags and Patty were probably our two best players.
Our forward line just didn't seem to function properly, only getting 1 goal out of our key forward compared to the 5 or 6 he kicked last week (credit to Sth Yarra's defence for doing this).
We just couldn't match Sth Yarra's intensity, especially around the stoppages. I reckon our Rucks won more taps but their midfielders won way more clearances.
Our backline did well considering the lack of support from the rest of us.
It's still early days yet, we'll just have to focus on our mistakes/weaknesses on the training track and bounce back next week.
But overall, Sth Yarra used the ball better, were smarter with their positioning of players and showed more intensity and hunger.
I never said they weren't there best i said they turned it over time and time again no point getting possessions if you turn it over.I have a Q for you MPB why didn't you have the intensity and the hunger....... Well

I never said they weren't there best i said they turned it over time and time again no point getting possessions if you turn it over.I have a Q for you MPB why didn't you have the intensity and the hunger....... Well
Maybe we took them lightly.
Maybe we weren't switched on properly.
Maybe we didn't prepare properly.
Who knows, but one thing i know is Sth Yarra were clearly better on the day.

Just for the record, as we all know, that ground is a huge home ground advantage for the yarra's, and they will be hard to beat there in both the reserves and seniors.

Just for the record, as we all know, that ground is a huge home ground advantage for the yarra's, and they will be hard to beat there in both the reserves and seniors.

Interesting thought considering all they've been trying to do is get moved somewhere else. Think it was something to do with how wet it gets

I think MOC is referring to the change rooms we all know they are very ordinary and it puts a "negative" in players minds before they even run out on the ground, it might not seem much by if i'm off the mark OK but how many poeple dislike this ground due to the change room's ? BFG your a coach whats your thoughts ?:cool:

I think MOC is referring to the change rooms we all know they are very ordinary and it puts a "negative" in players minds before they even run out on the ground, it might not seem much by if i'm off the mark OK but how many poeple dislike this ground due to the change room's ? BFG your a coach whats your thoughts ?:cool:
Your correct in what you say there change room puts most clubs in a negative mode it hinders pre game preparation,Saturdays game must start on Tuesday and Thursday night by addressing all the negatives of the ground so by Saturday the players know what they are facing and hopefully will perform accordingly.

Interesting thought considering all they've been trying to do is get moved somewhere else. Think it was something to do with how wet it gets
I think the main problem with their ground (changerooms aside) is the lack of lighting - only having lights at one end would make training problematic. Given a decent amount of rain, one end of the ground looks like an English marsh. The ground itself was pretty good in my opinion, though a little small.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe we took them lightly.
Maybe we weren't switched on properly.
Maybe we didn't prepare properly.
Who knows, but one thing i know is Sth Yarra were clearly better on the day.

I agree with all the above.. There's your answer Magilla..

jeeze u guys talk shit shit u guys dont go out as hard to play becoz the rooms are to small talk crap boys and coming from the coach 2
Nice work Corey i didn't say we don't go out as hard, as you would know,all i said it hinders your pre game plans did you win the seniors.......no so our prep work was ok don't you agree,maybe you should wear slippers next time instead of boots and my player wouldn't of had a bruised ankle.;)

Hey M-loin bumped into a guy who's a new recruit to you guys his name was Brad and said he used to play for Dandy thinks like everybody else that you guys are the team to beat ! How are the new recruits all fitting in and how does this guy go as I think I saw him play before and he's not the most talanted but he does give you everything ?:cool:

Hey M-loin bumped into a guy who's a new recruit to you guys his name was Brad and said he used to play for Dandy thinks like everybody else that you guys are the team to beat ! How are the new recruits all fitting in and how does this guy go as I think I saw him play before and he's not the most talanted but he does give you everything ?:cool:
Brads fitted in well gives another rotation through mid field we have about 10 to 15 new players and what i can see all have fitted in well,as far as the team to beat it's a long season any thing could happen .

g'day from the gold coast boys!!:p good to see the eagles continue their winning ways!! no disrespect to canterbury, but wow, should be a good game this week doveton v skye(on the rebound)

g'day from the gold coast boys!!:p good to see the eagles continue their winning ways!! no disrespect to canterbury, but wow, should be a good game this week doveton v skye(on the rebound)

looking to play div3 THIS YEAR .any clubs need a ff, with the right delivery 100 plus ff .height 2oo cm weight 86 k age 31 have not played for 2 years .can only train once every week mostly tuesdays .will play twos or ones ,just returned from 2 year work stint in U .S .A.

Mate if live in Doveton why not support your local club as this is what keeps clubs alive they are undefeated in the reserves and appear OK in the ones at this stage.:cool:

Mate if live in Doveton why not support your local club as this is what keeps clubs alive they are undefeated in the reserves and appear OK in the ones at this stage.:cool:

Never leave your computer on if your mate is comeing around.I actually play div2 this year .But good luck to Doveton Eagles.

2 big games in the magoos this week, doveton have the chance to go 2 games clear and mount can push skye out of the top 4!!

2 big games in the magoos this week, doveton have the chance to go 2 games clear and mount can push skye out of the top 4!!

Looking foward to the clash down at the hanger. Should be a very good contest.

Wondering, will frankencow be able to keep the gag in check if the Yarra's can get over the Eagles.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back