Shaun Burgoyne's last 5 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a hard one because I would prefer to see him running off half back and setting up forward thrusts, but it might hinder the development of Matt Suckling who has been doing an awesome job in this role, I'd leave him up forward, but maybe not so deep.

I think he was tagging Goddard today . . .

Lewis was on him for most of the day.

Burgoyne needs to step up in at least one game against either Sydney, Bulldogs and Freo, where will definitely need him. If he doesn't then it's simple, drop him.

Players like Schneider, Ladson and Ellis would love a game.

time for big bails then if Renouf is out... Roughy can't do what he did today every game... but i like him playing the Leigh Brown roll! GUN

Burgers has been pretty disappointing of late... but i have faith he will come back hard! he will light it up really soon for us! BELIEVE IT!

Burger was CHF for a fair chunk. Big ask. We were winning the clearances so what was the point of putting Burger in there?

Burger can do more but I want to see it when we need it.

He is obviously not 100% fit, but regardless of that fact, Burgers is the sort of superstar that can battle through these sort of rough patches.

We should persevere with the bloke, as he is one of only a few that can change the flow of a whole match and win games off his own boot.

I feel we should stick with him: remember 2010, he started slow then as well, but by mid season he was kicking ass and taking names.

show Burger the tape of Judds game 2 weeks ago in Sydney and the way Judd kept pushing the ball forward and willing himself on the contest.

On that small ground Burgers clearance ability could be a deciding factor.

Seems to be plodding along at the moment and having zero impact.

We need something special from him this week if we are any chance.

The bloke is a super player but his latest output shows that he is clearly carrying a crook knee, a few weeks off is probably whats required.

18 Disposals today - had an alright game today; still carrying a sly injury one suspects...

Nothing sly about it.... He looked very ginger at times. I think he needs a week or two off, or a couple of weeks playing half games with Box Hill. Nothing wrong about his form.... just want him to be back to his best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He limped off at one stage (I think it might of been the third) but came back later. Not sure if it was just cramps or a knock he received at some stage, but it may support the theory that he's not 100%. But I'm no medical expert.

Would not contemplate dropping burgoyne unless injured. He oozes class and is an on-field leader. Hope to see him lift another gear at the business end of the season.

Looked very ginger in the second half and there was one passage of play near the boundary line in the final quarter where he seemed almost incapable of mustering up the strength to chase (maybe he was coming off the ground with a problem). I hope that he is OK but am somewhat concerned about where he is at with his knee problem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Shaun Burgoyne's last 5 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back