Sheedy Sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Sheedy Sacked ??

Geez, pull a side from second last to just outside the eight by % with 6 rounds to go and you still get shown the door. Tough business!

Greatest ambassador for the game in the last 20 years I'd think.

Deserves a lot more.

Thequestion becomes I suppose - 'if' a decision is made to go in another direction how is the best way to handle it when a legend of the game is involved ?

Re: Sheedy got the sack this week because....

You are a deadset idiot. I would be amazed if there was one person who didn't think that was ridiculous.

yes, I'm sure that's why they decided to make what could be the most pivotal decision in the clubs history....

l'm not saying it was the main reason and obviously they were probably going to do it anyway but Sheedy has been playing the fool and it just didn't look dignified and he did himself no good

The Kangaroos and the Gold Coast could do with Sheedy's promotional skills.

Melbourne could use him too but I doubt they'd get the AFL's help in facilitating it like they would with the Kangaroos.

I have a feeling Richmond might be tempted in a desperate attempt to shore up the admin's position.

he was making a joke of it, mucking around with the press, being the clown and very unprofessional. Its Sheeds fault because he wasn't taking it seriously. It was turning into a circus and he was the main act, playing up to it

He's been doing that for 27 years you idiot.

he was making a joke of it, mucking around with the press, being the clown and very unprofessional. Its Sheeds fault because he wasn't taking it seriously. It was turning into a circus and he was the main act, playing up to it

You're a silly, silly man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i personally don't think sheedy is the legend that others think he is- 4 premierships in 27 years does not a legend make.

however, he is an icon, and he is a great spirit, and if he is walking now, thats the kind of thing that can ruin the culture of a club. essendon will take a long time to recover if he is leaving now, and leaving acrimoniously.

fremantle, on the other hand, need to offer him the world- because he could build a culture that they've never been able to get over there.

Sheedy - Richmond's next President?

Could Sheedy being sacked trigger another sacking at a club also struggling and that in the past has been keen on Sheedy ?

Melbourne could use him too but I doubt they'd get the AFL's help in facilitating it like they would with the Kangaroos.

I have a feeling Richmond might be tempted in a desperate attempt to shore up the admin's position.
If a club dont snavel him, the AFL will

Keep Wallace as Coach - make Sheeds "Director of Coaching" - similar to the Parkin arrangement at the Blues. Sheeds has always been a collaborator and his assistants have always been given a lot of autonomy. Its not as if the Tiges are short of a quid - I hope he does it and performs a miracle at the Tiges

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheedy Sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back