should Brennan stay in??

Remove this Banner Ad

swannykika

Team Captain
Jun 3, 2007
sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I really like this guy. Was at the game on Sat night and saw him close up. Looks fit and is no weed, and matched up well physically, looked like a swan. However he did seems to leave his man a couple of times, which you wouldnt have noticed on TV, otherwise i think he is a great find and played well third game up. Its a shame its so close to finals, and with the return of Leapin, I cant see who else would make way other than him, because Teddy played so well and even bevan is running into some good form.

he not the best kick though? but i think his alright, i wouldnt mind if he stayed in, i hope he does well. i dont see him taking anohter players spot though, when leo and lrt come back, so im guessing he'll be out soon?

I really like this guy. Was at the game on Sat night and saw him close up. Looks fit and is no weed, and matched up well physically, looked like a swan. However he did seems to leave his man a couple of times, which you wouldnt have noticed on TV, otherwise i think he is a great find and played well third game up. Its a shame its so close to finals, and with the return of Leapin, I cant see who else would make way other than him, because Teddy played so well and even bevan is running into some good form.

As long as he stays fit i think he will be a really good buy. He may not be in the first choice team at the moment but several of our players arnt getting any younger and will be retiring soon. I have no doubt that Brennan can replace them. He is still young and has shown signs that he will be a good player for years to come.

As long as he stays fit i think he will be a really good buy. He may not be in the first choice team at the moment but several of our players arnt getting any younger and will be retiring soon. I have no doubt that Brennan can replace them. He is still young and has shown signs that he will be a good player for years to come.

i think, going on the original team selection for the saints game (ie, leo and LRT in) we're starting to see what roos is looking at as his finals line-up....leo and LRT add height and experience to the defence, but it's good to know we've got brennan, schmidt, grundy and co with plenty of game time under their belts this season....
anyone know the latest on stephen doyle?

Right now you'd think that Leo is the only certainty to come back into the side before finals. LRT's chances are looking slim after being a late withdrawal on Saturday and Dempster hasn't even been mentioned but i'm hoping he will be soon because i want him back. I love Schmidt aswell though and i don't want to see him get dropped. But anywho, i don't think Brennan should stay in. Out of Schmidt, Dempster and him i know i'd pick 1 of the first 2 everytime over him.

It is actually quite interesting analysing this.

At no time can I remember our club with so much depth. At any stage we can call on these players if we have injuries:
Vogels
Grundy
Dempster
Laidlaw
Schmidt
Brennan
Philips
Moore

And really not loose a hell of a lot. Pretty amazing really. Obviously I would not want them all in the side at once, but it does give us a fair bit of versatility when injuries present.

Brennan out when Leo is fit "again" and Richards fights for his spot with LRT after his impressive match on the weekend. Bevan was holding his spot in the team awaiting the return of Crouch but his improved form should see him keep it for a long as he keeps it up and Schmidt MUST stay in the side. Other than that I would think Dempster would be the only player pushing for a senior spot and that would be unlikely unless we get an injury to Kennelly or Malceski.

Laidlaw will be kept in reserve for next year and boy do we have something to look forward to with him.

It is actually quite interesting analysing this.

At no time can I remember our club with so much depth. At any stage we can call on these players if we have injuries:
Vogels
Grundy
Dempster
Laidlaw
Schmidt
Brennan
Philips
Moore

And really not loose a hell of a lot. Pretty amazing really. Obviously I would not want them all in the side at once, but it does give us a fair bit of versatility when injuries present.

You forgot Jack although he hasnt done much..Does anyone know what happened to David Spriggs and Josh Willoughby?

You forgot Jack although he hasnt done much..Does anyone know what happened to David Spriggs and Josh Willoughby?

spriggs was delisted last season, i'm pretty sure....and from memory, wasn't willoughby training with another club pre-season but not picked up???
and to NatLovestheSwans, interview with roos tonight suggests leo is 50-50 and still unlikely to be fit to play lions, and LRT has been all but ruled out already, and his "window is closing" regarding being back this year

and to NatLovestheSwans, interview with roos tonight suggests leo is 50-50 and still unlikely to be fit to play lions, and LRT has been all but ruled out already, and his "window is closing" regarding being back this year

I don't mind if Leo doesn't play, i don't want them to rush him back which obviously they aren't. Even if he misses the next two weeks and then comes in for the Hawks game then that'll be alright. But he may be right for the Pies game, which would be good also. ;D

Poor LRT. ;( Perhaps if we make the GF again he can go in the GF sprint like baby Auskick did last year!

we may not have a choice but to leave him in (not that it's that hard of a decision to swallow)

"Roos said Barry, who, like Roberts-Thomson, was a late withdrawal on Saturday from the team that defeated St Kilda, was still in some doubt to play against Brisbane this Saturday night at the Gabba."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

should Brennan stay in??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back