SNFL Div 3 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Parkdale beat the Hills by about 12 goals. Hills didn't score after quarter time, and Parkdale took the foot off in the last quarter.
Surprised Parkdale C grade Ammo’s have teed up these type of practice matches- Heatherton & Endeavour Hills (D3 SFL)? What’s the incentive a soft kill to get the young player’s confidence up? They should be playing D2 at worse or even some other D1 clubs like they did against Mordy.

Surprised Parkdale C grade Ammo’s have teed up these type of practice matches- Heatherton & Endeavour Hills (D3 SFL)? What’s the incentive a soft kill to get the young player’s confidence up? They should be playing D2 at worse or even some other D1 clubs like they did against Mordy.
Fair point about Heatherton and the Hills, they played a div 1 side in GE and beat them, and also beat Mordi by a couple. With such a young group id think they are just trying to work out who's who and what's what at this stage with a few experienced blokes either injured or unavailable at this stage.

Fair point about Heatherton and the Hills, they played a div 1 side in GE and beat them, and also beat Mordi by a couple. With such a young group id think they are just trying to work out who's who and what's what at this stage with a few experienced blokes either injured or unavailable at this stage.
Parkdale beat GE in D1 by 2 goals after kicking the first 5. They will need more to succeed in C grade VAFA. They have some depth in their reserves but GE beat their u19s well.

What's everyones thoughts so far?
Have Narre South dropped off that much?
Are the Dolphins a chance of giving the division a red hot shake?
Are EH a contender with two solid wins against Ashwood and CPL?

What's everyones thoughts so far?
Have Narre South dropped off that much?
Are the Dolphins a chance of giving the division a red hot shake?
Are EH a contender with two solid wins against Ashwood and CPL?
Frankston seem like the flag favourite in the ones for sure. Maybe a few teams could give them a run in the 2s. EH definitely a top 4 side but whether they can go with Frankston, I have my doubts.
Narre South had the top 2 in their BnF retire after the last season, as well as a few players move away from the club. Plus a new coach, brings new game plan and new style, always going to start slow imo. Should pick it up later in the season but unsure really. Other than EH and Frankston being top4, and Clayton last, probably too early to make a call on any side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m starting to think the top 4 is set.
1. Frankston
2. EH
3. CPL
4. Ashwood

Realistically 2-4 can easily shift. All these sides have strong depth and can cover the inevitable injuries that pile up mid season.

Lyndhurst 5th and Narre South and Heatherton to battle for 6th

1. Frankston
2. EH
3. CPL
4. Ashwood

Realistically 2-4 can easily shift. All these sides have strong depth and can cover the inevitable injuries that pile up mid season.

And who will take it out?

1. Frankston
2. EH
3. CPL
4. Ashwood

Lyndhurst maybe the only ones to push into 4th at the expense of Ashwood, but would agree with your top 3.
Down the bottom end, Heatherton will come 6th (will pinch a win or 2 over the course of the year from one of the teams above them), Narre 7th and Clayton 8th.
Amazing to think that Clayton may be in D4 next year. To think not long ago they were playing D1.

Lyndhurst maybe the only ones to push into 4th at the expense of Ashwood, but would agree with your top 3.
Down the bottom end, Heatherton will come 6th (will pinch a win or 2 over the course of the year from one of the teams above them), Narre 7th and Clayton 8th.
Amazing to think that Clayton may be in D4 next year. To think not long ago they were playing D1.

Not that long before Clayton were playing what is now EFNL premier…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Any news from the weekend? Looks like CPL should have beaten Ashwood from the 8.17 scoreline. Obviously only the 3 games but went generally as you'd expect

Remove this Banner Ad

SNFL Div 3 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back