Snoops Annual List Strategy incl Trade & DRAFT targets

Remove this Banner Ad

I am probably showing my ignorance here.
but if Treloar is putting of contract talks with GWS and he is uncontracted why do we need to trade for him?
isnt that what free agency is for ???
All playing contracts expire on Oct 31 I believe, meaning that during trade week they technically are still contracted. Although soon to be uncontracted if that makes sense. Until they qualify as Free Agents, which Treloar doesn't, you need to trade for them. Alternatively, they can enter the draft and take their chances.

With Jack Frost being rather young, and Nathan Brown being abit older, should we consider recruiting a key defender around the 1991-1993 age mark to team with Frost to build that long term key defender relationship? Sam Frost would have been perfect for this and would have come over with the pick we used on Goodyear or whoever we took after Maynard.

Any key defenders from other clubs that fill the credentials?

Our long term backline is basically already sorted out. Key Defender: Frost, Taller intercept half back flankers: Langdon and Scharenberg, Back pocket rebounder: Marley Williams, 3rd tall defender: Jon Marsh. Then there is Maynard and Ramsay who will fit in somewhere. Just think we could be missing that second key defender, Clurey from port could be an option?

Sam Frost would have been perfect for this and would have come over with the pick we used on Goodyear or whoever we took after Maynard.
I'm fairly sure Melbourne used pick 21 to obtain him.

With Jack Frost being rather young, and Nathan Brown being abit older, should we consider recruiting a key defender around the 1991-1993 age mark to team with Frost to build that long term key defender relationship? Sam Frost would have been perfect for this and would have come over with the pick we used on Goodyear or whoever we took after Maynard.

Any key defenders from other clubs that fill the credentials?

Our long term backline is basically already sorted out. Key Defender: Frost, Taller intercept half back flankers: Langdon and Scharenberg, Back pocket rebounder: Marley Williams, 3rd tall defender: Jon Marsh. Then there is Maynard and Ramsay who will fit in somewhere. Just think we could be missing that second key defender, Clurey from port could be an option?

Just pick one with a late pick/rookie draft. Hine's got an insane hit-rate at picking defenders with late picks and a lot of KPD's tend to go late anyway. We have plenty of time to develop one in the 2s.

Sam Frost, pick 40 and 53 from GWS to Melbourne for pick 23

Not actually the trade I thought that went though, but very obtainable none the less.

I would like to think that they will back in Brown, Frost and Marsh over summer and have them as the back half. Keefe comes back in obviously in 2017 so there is depth there. Oddlly maybe a Ryan Pendlebury or Hartley gives them some one year depth if required.

That allows Reid, Moore and Cloke forward and White as a back up given he is contracted next year.

I do like the look of Carlisle but he would force 1-2 players out of the club I would think.

But you would have to agree Snip Dag, some people don't have the ability; those people find learning extremely difficult
There are many like Carlisle, who no matter what is in front of them, will never be able to get it right

Aish? Sauce? I heard somewhere we were on his shortlist buy nothing substantial.
Blues are in to him too and seem bullish about their prospects

Don't take the bait PicaBoo. He's being facetious as is his schtick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Snoop Dog I'm in very strong agreement that we need to target a dedicated crumbing forward pocket. I hope that we don't ignore this need in the noise of the rest of trade week. Who are your favourite options through trade, draft and the state leagues?

Hey Snoop Dog I'm in very strong agreement that we need to target a dedicated crumbing forward pocket. I hope that we don't ignore this need in the noise of the rest of trade week. Who are your favourite options through trade, draft and the state leagues?

I agree. We need a Crumbing Forwards as our 2 Small Forwards in Elliot and Fasolo are more Marking Forwards then Crumbing Forwards

We need a few things and accuracy is one small thing.
Bringing in further quality players and the young ones we have hopefully will step up into better players ie develop and trend to elite or close to elite
Then.... We will challenge.......

I would love them to have a crack at Shane Yarran. He is 28 but if we are in the window then he would be worth a go and at the least a short term replacement until something from the draft emerges. Josh Green is another who could be an option and plays the way Buckley seems to like. Was keen on Murry Newman but we would never have taken him.

I really like motlop but he plays a much broader role now so not sure could be included.

I would love them to have a crack at Shane Yarran. He is 28 but if we are in the window then he would be worth a go and at the least a short term replacement until something from the draft emerges. Josh Green is another who could be an option and plays the way Buckley seems to like. Was keen on Murry Newman but we would never have taken him.

I really like motlop but he plays a much broader role now so not sure could be included.

Would 28 be bit old for where the List Is Snoop Dog ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Snoops Annual List Strategy incl Trade & DRAFT targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back