Speculative Trade Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pettigrew for Shammer

0-0 draw

I dont rate Schammer and Pettigrew is not anywhere near our best 22 going forward.

Schammer could provide some cover fur Surjan potentially, but I dont think he would be in our best 22 either.

0-0 draw, potentially a small loss for us.

Pettigrew is really now a depth medium-tall defender for us, and has fallen well behind Paul Stewart and possibly (possibly!) Nick Salter in this position.

Schammer will be no more than a frustrating depth midfielder for us.

0-0 draw, potentially a small loss for us.
Yeah nah, 100% loss.

I would rather delist Pettigrew and draft a cheap dud for two years, than have the club pay Schammer a couple hundred thousand for two years to play for Westies, as `backup' for a position at which we need no backup.

Just read that Tambling wants out, and will probably go to Adelaide.

I'd hope we would make some kind of play for this guy, hes only 23, and is a decent player (had a great year last year). We could turn him into a class act IMO.

Wouldn't want us to trade out early draft picks, but hell, if we got him for one of our 2nd rounders (unlikely) I'd be pleased.

I still believe the Grew has plenty to offer, much more than Schammer, who we should be able to get for a 4th round pick. Isn't he about to be delisted from Freo anyway?

I still believe the Grew has plenty to offer, much more than Schammer, who we should be able to get for a 4th round pick. Isn't he about to be delisted from Freo anyway?
He's contracted until the end of 2011 so I doubt they will delist him.

One of the punters on the AFL trade chat site offered up Pettigrew for Palmer. That's a little more adventurous.

No short midfielders

Hes 180cm.

Is that short these days :eek:

EDIT: Pearce is 179. Damn tall people!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just read that Tambling wants out, and will probably go to Adelaide.

I'd hope we would make some kind of play for this guy, hes only 23, and is a decent player (had a great year last year). We could turn him into a class act IMO.

Wouldn't want us to trade out early draft picks, but hell, if we got him for one of our 2nd rounders (unlikely) I'd be pleased.

Word is that a 2nd round pick will be what the Tigers will trade for him, the only issue with us is that a few clubs will be competing for him...I can't see him, Jacobs and Walker going to the Crows though...what are they going to offer?

For a midfielder it is.

I can't see us being active at all in trade week, we're not going to give up anyone and because of that I can't see us attracting anyone too great in...heard Pettigrew's name being thrown about though

Word is that a 2nd round pick will be what the Tigers will trade for him, the only issue with us is that a few clubs will be competing for him...I can't see him, Jacobs and Walker going to the Crows though...what are they going to offer?

Hopefully something stoopid including their pick 14 but I doubt it. Can still hope though.

id offer a second rounder for Tambling!! Especially if he wants to come back to Adelaide...

Also Rhys Palmer, why is his name being thrown around as a trade?? why the hell would freo trade him!?

Hes 180cm.

Is that short these days :eek:

EDIT: Pearce is 179. Damn tall people!
According to his bio on Frockers.com Schammer is 176cm.

Anything under 180cm is short for an AFL footballer. Other than D-Rod and Pearce all our midfielders are at least 183cm (6')

Edit: I see there was a thread merge so you may be talking about Tambling (179cm) and not Schammer.

Disclaimer: I am not trade week savvy, I'm not exactly sure how the whole thing works, so this is more just wondering how possible and/or popular these scenarios would be.

What are the odds of us trading Pick 16 + player to GC for a higher pick?

Like I'm guessing Pick 16 + Pettigrew wouldn't make GC go hell yeah, let's do this.

But maybe something like Pick 16 + Thomas?

Or even Pick 16 + Rodan... how high would our upgraded pick be from that you reckon?

id offer a second rounder for Tambling!! Especially if he wants to come back to Adelaide...

Also Rhys Palmer, why is his name being thrown around as a trade?? why the hell would freo trade him!?

Cats have made a big move for Tambling apparently so I'd expect him to head up there...

I'm also shocked at the Palmer trade offer, but it's Freo, they have a history of this...really talented kid if he can get his body right...if we can convince them of some sort of trade for Motlop I would be very very excited haha

Disclaimer: I am not trade week savvy, I'm not exactly sure how the whole thing works, so this is more just wondering how possible and/or popular these scenarios would be.

What are the odds of us trading Pick 16 + player to GC for a higher pick?

Like I'm guessing Pick 16 + Pettigrew wouldn't make GC go hell yeah, let's do this.

But maybe something like Pick 16 + Thomas?

Or even Pick 16 + Rodan... how high would our upgraded pick be from that you reckon?

They need forwards, how about Pick 16 + a Westhoff (or 2) for a higher pick? or would that be ripping them off? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back