Resource St.Kilda FC Mid-Season Review: What YOU Would Like To See In 2018!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello all,

Back tonight with another review - after speaking with Matt & Lisa Laing earlier in the year I've decided to tailor the reviews around this time of the year as the planning for 2018 will take place in June. It gives the club more time to make changes without it being rushed and if things need tweaking or fixing they can be done in a timely manner. Some of the suggestions the club took on board last year were rushed, and it's better for everyone if we can plan in advance.

We can all make a difference as evidenced by the reviews last season, so I'm calling out to everyone reading this thread to please send through any feedback in relation to how this season has panned out so far and what you'd like to see/not see moving forward into next year.

Our categories are once again;

1. Community
2. Social Media
3. Moorabbin
4. Membership
5. Game Day
6. Sponsorships
7. Merchandise
8. Interstate Supporters
9. Positives & Negatives
10. Misc

Remember guys & girls, this doesn't have to be all positive. Constructive criticism is very much welcome, and if you have suggestions on how we can improve any of the aforementioned areas, let me know.

So please, leave your comments below. I will collate the information and order it into the specific areas.

This review will run from Monday, 29th May until Monday, 12th June (2 Weeks).

We have plenty of time to get our suggestions in so please feel free to share as they come to mind.

Happy to discuss any of them with you or alter some suggestions if someone else sees a better way of doing it.

If we could also please sticky/pin this thread that'd be appreciated. Kildonan Sir Skid Armitage2Riewoldt

Cheers guys, looking forward to hearing what everyone's got to say!

Go Saints!

Thanks guys keep the suggestions coming.

Members would've also received a 2017 survey today, so check your e-mails. The difference between that and this is that this is much more specific, the club doesn't get tailored feedback like what we do here.

Great work George!!
Our memberships are basically financial donations - the kids are too young to get to and from games (we live way out in south gippsland) and until they are a bit older we can start utilizing the full benefits of the memberships I can't comment on any of the above... absolutely avoid social media like the plague.
I will say the guys and girls on the membership help line are fantastic to deal with and we love the scarves this year (nice and fluffy!) I haven't been to a game in about 6 years and am itching to get back into game day when the family situation settles down.
The return to moorabbin can only be a positive - we lost some of our identity when we left.
Love being a member of the saints family, can't wait to see our premiership cups double!!
Once again, thanks George

I'd like to see a Zebs highlight video each week focusing on one player (especially if that player is selected for the Saints)
I'd also be happy if it featured a deserving Zebs player, maybe under consideration for recruitment or just as a reward for their work.

Would love to see some footage of our Saints academy lectures and also some pics of kids coming through our zone academy with a few words on what qualities they might offer (speed, contest, marking, tackling, kicking precision etc) irrespective of whether we intend to draft them - just get a little awareness happening of what's going on behind the scenes.

Two things.

Firstly, can we get someone to have a good hard crack at coming up with an indigenous patterned jumper. This year was probably the best in recent years, and I understand it spoke to Gresham's roots, but I though it was still a bit quaint, in an off handed way. Some of the designs that other clubs are developing are truly amazing. They are of such a quality they can be worn in multiple years across multiple matches and allow supporters to make an emotional connection to the jumper. RED. YELLOW. BLACK. Those colours have a place in St Kilda history as well as Aboriginal history. Surely, someone somewhere can bring them together and create something truly special.

Secondly, can we wear a jumper with indigenous patterning in more than just the one token game every year, when the AFL requires us to. If we are truly an all inclusive club that embraces our magnificent Australian history that dates back tens of thousands of years then why don't we embellish our jumper with Australian designs and wear them OFTEN. In fact, tell Matt Finnis this is an opportunity to lead the way and wear a jumper with an indigenous aspect on it in EVERY round.

Last edited:
One week to go guys, thanks for the suggestions so far. I will add my two cents later and provide you all with a summary before sending to club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More of this guy doing this too :thumbsu: Website graphics have been awesome this year
I have to say when I first saw that pic I thought..."that's pretty damn impressive"

He did a fantastic job.

George....

No biggies from me....I think off field the club is travelling nicely.

Loved the way things were quiet pre season with sponsor gaps still remaining and then 3 new sponsors jumped on board...

Kudo's to Matt Finnis and the team for all their behind the scenes work.

The only suggestions I have are:

1-Interstate members should be able to get into all games if 2 are played in their city twice a season.

The cost of seats at the stadium I assume is the reason this currently doesn't happen......according to a few on here pre-season.

2-It probably wasn't in the plans....but it was a pity the club couldn't have a small retail operation at Moorabbin while the construction is in progress....storage of gear was obviously the issue with half the building coming down but maybe a desk with access to the net to get to the Saints Locker......just an idea.

3-It would be great if the club could include the magnetic fridge fixture in next years membership pack.......they are very handy.

Please pass on a big Congrats to Matt and the team....they have done an outstanding job with things over the last 3 1/2 years.

Literally rebuilding a club and it's brand is a long,tricky and demanding process.

George....

No biggies from me....I think off field the club is travelling nicely.

Loved the way things were quiet pre season with sponsor gaps still remaining and then 3 new sponsors jumped on board...

Kudo's to Matt Finnis and the team for all their behind the scenes work.

The only suggestions I have are:

1-Interstate members should be able to get into all games if 2 are played in their city twice a season.

The cost of seats at the stadium I assume is the reason this currently doesn't happen......according to a few on here pre-season.

2-It probably wasn't in the plans....but it was a pity the club couldn't have a small retail operation at Moorabbin while the construction is in progress....storage of gear was obviously the issue with half the building coming down but maybe a desk with access to the net to get to the Saints Locker......just an idea.

3-It would be great if the club could include the magnetic fridge fixture in next years membership pack.......they are very handy.

Please pass on a big Congrats to Matt and the team....they have done an outstanding job with things over the last 3 1/2 years.

Literally rebuilding a club and it's brand is a long,tricky and demanding process.
Thank you mate...will do !

Thanks for all the help guys.

What do you think of the on-field stuff?

I will be letting Matty know I'm bitterly disappointed in the teams play this year.

Thoughts?

Thanks for all the help guys.

What do you think of the on-field stuff?

I will be letting Matty know I'm bitterly disappointed in the teams play this year.

Thoughts?
I thought the St Kilda banner for the Hawthorn game, although very funny for St Kilda and Bigfooty fans, was very amateurish from the club.

George...

Re yr request for thoughts about our on field performance....well...I don't think I need to say much really.... it's all been said in various threads here since Fri night,often in quite dramatic fashion !

I got home late last night(was with some of my Saints crew and they were fairly upbeat)and thank the Lord a few game results went our way and the mood on here had lifted dramatically.....everyone was discussing trade/draft prospects.

I really had no big expectations this year except you'd assume we'd be better with the additions of Stevens,Carlisle,Brown and Steele....even with a tougher draw.

What worried me was we only had 2 elite players...Roo & Stuv.....along with a perceived slow and ordinary midfield.
Yet the media and supporters were pumping up our tyres big time......after the GWS win I thought maybe we're a very good side.....oppssss.

I still think it's too early to make a call on things........I still think we have made the right drafting/trades....

I'm sure Matt has had all of the above in his ear all season.......he wouldn't know why we have fumbled and bumbled our way thru the last 4 weeks.

2 goals to half time Fri night.....how many times have we both seen that over the years !!!!!!

Thanks again for doing the survey.

Cheers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back