Roast St Kilda in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

8 goals less than Stengle, 6 less than Green, same as Papley, in a bottom 5 team
In a bottom 5 team that plays a defensive, low scoring game style.

He's gotten better every year.

He's almost at 2 goals a game, which is a good pass mark for a quality small forward.

Once you get to 2.5 you're an elite goal kicking small. Only a handful ever get there.

The attempt at getting tarryn Thomas is a nice bow on this thread

They need to realise they need to essentially nuke the list and start from the ground up

It's quite disgusting that there are multiple clubs lurking on the edge and trying to pouch a highly vulnerable player off his misconduct. Yes i am calling out 3 clubs in particular. 2 of them are coached by a pair of brothers.

I am very proud of the president's email to all the other clubs about TT essentially killing off his career swiftly and justifiabley for the good of thomas and the wider footy community.

The attempt at getting tarryn Thomas is a nice bow on this thread

They need to realise they need to essentially nuke the list and start from the ground up

Can't, if saint wanted to do that, they should have started in 2020, now it's way way too late hence why they are doing all sorts of patch work jobs. Many other clubs like essendon, melb, geelong, hawk, pies etc are also doing the same.

The nuking/scorched earth stuff needed to happen during the start of the lockdowns because 2028 is coming, you don't want to be bottom or falling to the bottom but at the top or having the trajectory to be moving up.

Draft picks will be a premium in 2027 and expect those top but aging clubs and middling clubs to pay way overs for even 2nd rounders in that year. We are in for a huge haul.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't, if saint wanted to do that, they should have started in 2020, now it's way way too late hence why they are doing all sorts of patch work jobs. Many other clubs like essendon, melb, geelong, hawk, pies etc are also doing the same.

The nuking/scorched earth stuff needed to happen during the start of the lockdowns because 2028 is coming, you don't want to be bottom or falling to the bottom but at the top or having the trajectory to be moving up.

Draft picks will be a premium in 2027 and expect those top but aging clubs and middling clubs to pay way overs for even 2nd rounders in that year. We are in for a huge haul.

2020, would have been an awesome year to try to rebuild the list.

What he says about Higgins is exactly right. He is inefficient. Any shot for goal he has - set shot, snap - is basically a 40/60 chance of being a goal (and I think that is being generous). The guy kicks the occasional bag but eff me on so many occasions he has completely snuffed our momentum with his lazy approach to kicking at goal turning great scoring opportunities into out on the full/not make the distance/behind.
He's a selfish little twerp too. He's always the first bloke to take the lead in the space that's been left open for the key forward to lead into it.

t.l.d.r version below
I don't know anything about StKilda or their list so blah blah blah blah

What he says about Higgins is exactly right. He is inefficient. Any shot for goal he has - set shot, snap - is basically a 40/60 chance of being a goal (and I think that is being generous). The guy kicks the occasional bag but eff me on so many occasions he has completely snuffed our momentum with his lazy approach to kicking at goal turning great scoring opportunities into out on the full/not make the distance/behind.
You could say that about most of our forwards really. I would still take Higgins' goalkicking over Owens or King any day.

We will be locked in by then. Membrey can kick 10 to pull you out of the bottom 4 and miss the competitions next generational mid.

How you feeling now K-dog, might have gone a bit early ?.

Blues might limp over the line against West Coast but it’s probably all to play for in the final round.

If we forcibly retire Zac Jones we will be riding a wave of unstoppable emotion.

It's always amusing watching the snipers with the same old tired arguments come out as soon as we have a (very) bad game, yet they've all been remarkably quiet over the past month and a bit when we were playing good football. Never change, Bigfooty.

We got belted by the best team in the comp. It happens.
Regardless of how the saints are going, there are gambler's winning money on saints games

Combined scores of 150 points or under. Saints won 99 to 51

It’s a great troll thread and all, but I guess at least we aren’t Essendon ?
Essendons last finals win was in September of 2004.

Well the saints have won a few finals in the last 20 years. They won a couple in 2004-06. Then a few finals wins under Ross Lyon from 2007-2011. They also won a final in 2020.

Also saints beat the cats this round

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast St Kilda in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

Back