Roast St Kilda in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe look up what line someone coaches before you try to have an opinion on it.
Nah, midfield/forwards/back

Shouldn't be near any side as a coach

Watch him throw Ross under the bus when he leaves

Reason he has been fired by both clubs previously

Goddard as a midfield coach :D as well

Go and get some decent coaches, not rest on nostalgia

Nah, midfield/forwards/back

Shouldn't be near any side as a coach

Watch him throw Ross under the bus when he leaves

Reason he has been fired by both clubs previously

Goddard as a midfield coach :D as well

Go and get some decent coaches, not rest on nostalgia

LOL you do realize this whole thing just makes you look stupid?

Even if you are right which you may be, its a half baked opinion with no supporting evidence. The type morons make.

Either make a better argument or keep a lid on it and save yourself the embarrassment.

Even if you are right which you may be, its a half baked opinion with no supporting evidence. The type morons make.

Either make a better argument or keep a lid on it and save yourself the embarrassment.
I reckon he’s bang on. Harvey and Goddard don’t impress me at all as coaches. Enright is great however.

Fired from two clubs for poor man management and tactically inept

Bitches to Montagna about his “tactical knowledge” of Hawthorn and Collingwood
Hence Joeys “expert” analysis ripping on Hawks and pies constantly

There is a high industry awareness of Harvey’s inability to coach, wouldn’t have a job if not for the nostalgia hire at St Kilda

Only decent coach there is Enright

Goddard and Harvey wouldn’t be AFL coaches currently if not for the nostalgic pop Ross has attempted

Embarrassed?

Nah, that would be a Saints fan claiming there coaches are going well when you consistently perform poorly for years

Harvey left Collingwood when he didn't get the senior job.
He lined already had the job lined up at StKilda when he told the Hawks he was leaving.
Wrong

Harvey didn’t have his contract renewed at Hawthorn, down to his midfield coaching and inability to develop any mids
Belief he was directly responsible for Worpel’s form slump

Last edited:
Wrong

Harvey didn’t have his contract renewed at Hawthorn, down to his midfield coaching and inability to develop any mids
Belief he was directly responsible for Worpel’s form slump

Maybe , bunch of liars at the Hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Modern footy has zone defences, alot of them are most if not whole of team.

Ross certainly has a good defensive system but we managed 82 points against Sydney (to win) then 113, 108, 99, 107 and 76 (to win against you) with two shitful performance in their for good measure.

The whole "flood the backline" thing just doesnt really stack anymore.

Saints also scored 100 points vs Brisbane at the Gabba. Yeah saints still lost.... But you get my point.

No club is going to score 100 points each week

Every year the AFL gets closer to its utopia of all sides winning 1/2 of their games and finalists split by %.

Hawthorn 0/5 after five rounds with some pundits saying their rebuild would take another 3 years fast forward and they’re realistically staring down a Preliminary Final.

I don’t think anyone is in no man’s land anymore.

I am still seething that this current blues side actually made 8th spot off the back of biased umpiring and an easy fixture.
Then just seethe.

Not like you were going to make any noise anyway.

**** me imagine complaining about missing finals when your team lost its last 4 games in a row and only needed to win one.

Sometimes a bit of introspection might be useful.

Not changing anything

Said from the start Harvey is a poor coach

And it’s well known

I gotta admit, I always find it strange how there are these career assistant coaches that go from club to club and to the armchair expert, seem to not achieve good results with the line that they're coaching.

John Barker was one. Aaron Hamill, Harvey are others.

But they are all apparently helped in 'very high regard'.

It's a bit strange.

I gotta admit, I always find it strange how there are these career assistant coaches that go from club to club and to the armchair expert, seem to not achieve good results with the line that they're coaching.

John Barker was one. Aaron Hamill, Harvey are others.

But they are all apparently helped in 'very high regard'.

It's a bit strange.
Theres a reason these coaches don’t get mentioned when Senior jobs pop up

As unimpressive as they come

Career assistant coaches is certainly an interesting discussion. No one can really easily judge when there’s different club oversights and handling in the coaching division - senior coaches pull is different at every other club.

Personally I think North have had rubbish assistant coaches for years and no surprise Noble & Shaw were unable to implement any strong strategy. Blakey & McDonald never seemed to be discussed highly. Happy enough with credentials of Jed Adcock (Brisbane forward & back coach for 2018-2023) and Xavier Clarke (development and line coach over 2017-2022). Jury out on Leigh Adams (3 wins at Coburg or something as senior coach in 2 seasons…doubtful whether the loved former North Melbourne hard nut is really the best coach for North Melbourne, or is he just…you know, a North person).

But really, is it that? Or are the assistant coaches on a hiding to nothing having lists that are full of mid range athleticism midfielders & not many talls? Devoid of senior leaders? Or should a really good assistant develop a style around the players they have, and a good one will get them up no matter what? Who knows - obviously the answer is going to be somewhere in the middle of a spectrum, but it’s to what degree the coach can move the needle I guess.

How do you really light a fire under a player like Luke McDonald & actually get him to be the trainer & professional he needs to be to be able to lead a young group? How many assistant (and senior) coaches can really fail at it before it’s not really the coaches fault…

Career assistant coaches is certainly an interesting discussion. No one can really easily judge when there’s different club oversights and handling in the coaching division - senior coaches pull is different at every other club.

Personally I think North have had rubbish assistant coaches for years and no surprise Noble & Shaw were unable to implement any strong strategy. Blakey & McDonald never seemed to be discussed highly. Happy enough with credentials of Jed Adcock (Brisbane forward & back coach for 2018-2023) and Xavier Clarke (development and line coach over 2017-2022). Jury out on Leigh Adams (3 wins at Coburg or something as senior coach in 2 seasons…doubtful whether the loved former North Melbourne hard nut is really the best coach for North Melbourne, or is he just…you know, a North person).

But really, is it that? Or are the assistant coaches on a hiding to nothing having lists that are full of mid range athleticism midfielders & not many talls? Devoid of senior leaders? Or should a really good assistant develop a style around the players they have, and a good one will get them up no matter what? Who knows - obviously the answer is going to be somewhere in the middle of a spectrum, but it’s to what degree the coach can move the needle I guess.

How do you really light a fire under a player like Luke McDonald & actually get him to be the trainer & professional he needs to be to be able to lead a young group? How many assistant (and senior) coaches can really fail at it before it’s not really the coaches fault…

Assistants will be told what style they should be implementing.
No doubt they don't agree with head coaches in all aspects, but unless they can convince the head coach otherwise, they will need to do what they are told.
If you are an assistant and you aren't doing what the head coach want's..... see ya.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast St Kilda in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

Back