Roast St Kilda in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you're probably right.

Doesn't mean I'm wrong though!
Well, i think it definitely means youre wrong about arguing this point.

Statistics would rate you the weird one. We could put it to a big footy poll.
But its all pretty moot anyway. Its an online forum with people posting shit and occasionally something insightful.

I usually wind up watching more non saints games than saints games throughout the year anyway.

Blues win 13 for the season
Saints win 11 for the season

You should be embarrassed only winning 2 more games than a club that’s going nowhere fast.
Again.... It was a tight season again.

Demons finished 14th with 11 wins.

Crows finished 15th with 8 wins.

The teams that finished in the top 4 got 15 wins and 8 losses

You bottled your draft pick playing like it was your grand final in a meaningless game against our reserves side.

Went up 2 spots and accomplished absolutely nothing because we still made finals Bradbury style. Ross the Toss tagging blokes in the last game of the season, players getting into biffs with Carlton players 10 weeks after your season was done...

Just the absolute epitome of a rabble.

Saints record vs the Blues is 25-12 this century. No opportunity to keep building on that should be turned down.

Not even for a 2 pick differential in the draft.

I take a lot of schadenfreude in the fact that of the 6 number one picks that Carlton have earned this century (rabble), Goddard was the best.

Saints record vs the Blues is 25-12 this century. No opportunity to keep building on that should be turned down.

I take a lot of schadenfreude in the fact that of the 6 number one picks that Carlton have earned this century (rabble), Goddard was the best.
Goes to show we overvalue pick 1

What's the all time record between us?

Last edited:
Every Port Supporter I have ever met has wanted Kenny gone for at least 6 of the last 10 years and I have lived in SA for 28 of the last 31 years....

I know this is a Saints thread. But yeah wonder how All those Hinkley bashers will react if Port wins the flag in 2024?

You support the Gold Coast?
They matched an early bid for Jack Bowes and later paid a first round pick for another club to take him off your hands , that has to put you right in the middle of a glass house when it comes to this sort of thing.
If they weren't getting so many free picks thrown at them they'd have folded long ago.

The post you were replying to by Lavendar Bushranger about St Kilda was absolutely spot on, hit the nail etc.

Who the poster supports has exactly nothing to do with his post ....unless he had started it "Unlike ***** St Kilda stuffed up..." but he didn't.

The post you were replying to by Lavendar Bushranger about St Kilda was absolutely spot on, hit the nail etc.

Who the poster supports has exactly nothing to do with his post ....unless he had started it "Unlike ***** St Kilda stuffed up..." but he didn't.

You can only draft those available. Clark for example is a pretty good choice in hindsite.

At the time everyone was gushing over those players, Dow, O'Brian, Bonar, just like they are with the current draft crop at the moment.

You can only draft those available. Clark for example is a pretty good choice in hindsite.

At the time everyone was gushing over those players, Dow, O'Brian, Bonar, just like they are with the current draft crop at the moment.

Yes, but the broad stroke of what he posted was spot on. Saints drafting - 2013 - 2018 - was very poor and it is a big factor in why the team has struggled to be a challenger again. It is really just semantics to focus in on one piece of his broad rationale to try and declare it flawed and that somehow because he may or may not support an unsuccessful team the poster should not be posting such opinions.

Yes, but the broad stroke of what he posted was spot on. Saints drafting - 2013 - 2018 - was very poor and it is a big factor in why the team has struggled to be a challenger again. It is really just semantics to focus in on one piece of his broad rationale to try and declare it flawed and that somehow because he may or may not support an unsuccessful team the poster should not be posting such opinions.

As proven by Sydney , McCartin would still be playing top level footy if not for his concussions.
OK i don't have an excuse for Billings, but he was highly rated at the time, and Bont was a bit of a stretch.

In general , yes the drafting was poor. Particularly we got absolutely nothing from later picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like I said, who would you have taken at the time, without hindsight? Don't give me the Bont nonsense, only the Dogs and Essendon had him rated near the top three.
So they had a better recruiting team and done their research. Got it.

Yes, but by that logic 15 other clubs had recruiting teams on par with ours.
Not really. One was pick 3 and the other pick 4. 14 clubs hadn't even picked yet.

So they had a better recruiting team and done their research. Got it.
Even the Dogs would have taken Billings at 3. Everyone rated him above Bont at the time.

Unfortunately, recruiters don't have a decade of hindsight available to inform their decisions like you do. And even then, no guarantee that in our woeful environment that Bont would have developed into the superstar he is today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast St Kilda in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

Back