Discussion St.Kilda vs Western Bulldogs, 2nd AFL Preliminary Final, 18/9/2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 29, 2005
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
New York Knicks, Redskins, NUFC
Well, doggies it is.

Never got to the point where I 'wanted' either side to win because we need to be able to beat either of them but I still think the Dogs pose a greater threat than the Swans would have.

Despite the injuries they are still the "better" side who will want to make up for last years final and are riding on the Johnson wave.

just come to say good luck hope you guys go all the way
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif

Here we go again. If it's anything like last years game I don't think I'll make it through! Need to get off to a good start this time. Establish the forward press early because we all know how much they don't like it and hopefully we have a comfortable lead.

Hope it doesn't rain.

Got to go hard early and stamp our authority, our only real danger is complacency. Smash them in the middle and get it down to Riewoldt and Kosi fast, with both Milney and Schneider busy at their feet, and these pretenders won't want to know about it.

Go in soft and complacent and we will give them a chance.

I had no real preference, but now I'm hoping Morris doesn't play cos Riewoldt should play extremely well. Either way, GO SAINTS!

I hope he does play because he wont even be at 50% in all reality and Roo will run him off his feet and he will blow up.

Last year we were picked to brush off the Dogs and they gave us a good challenge. Understandable that the Dogs are worn and weary and that most might hope for a good win, but I doubt the boys will go in with any complacency. I trust Roscoe to remind them how close the Dogs came last year and that a statement must be made fast, hard and early.

Carn Sainters.

Morris is a non issue, the guy would be coming back from surgery on limited preparation, it's ultimately a catch 22 with the Dogs selection since Williams is obviously still rather injured and blatantly couldn't be bothered chasing Goodes at all, and with respect to Goodes, as a forward, Williams shouldn't bother turning up if he's planning on putting a similar effort on Rooey. Either way, Morris will be underdone or Williams will be struggling to put body contact on his opponent and running in general to worry too much about.

As for Cross, should be fine, if Hall can get off punching a guy in the chin Cross can get off a 50/50 bump that KO'd Bolton for a bit, if cross goes for that the MRP needs to seriously look at their practices.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are kicking to Barry an awful lot, whereas our boys have been much less predictable lately.

Was happy with the game itself played out tonight, sore bodies you'd think.

We cannot afford to believe this is an easy game. It is a final. There is no such thing as an easy final.

If they go in hard and tough and give everything, I believe these men can get through.

Bob Murphy is a worry, as is Hall. Hopefully Baker/Dempster can run with Murphy and shut him down. Dawson man on man with Hall and Blake the second man up. Johnson looks very sore/laboured and needs a fast agile player to make him work hard - I'd say Gwilt could expose him and match up well in contests.

They're missing Dale Morris, so a big game from Kosi could free up Riewoldt to do what he pleases. I don't see any answers to both of them at once, really. They're desperately missing Cooney in the packs, Hayes will have a field day.

Those are our strong points. Hope they can get through. We can't take this for granted.

They're missing Dale Morris, so a big game from Kosi could free up Riewoldt to do what he pleases. I don't see any answers to both of them at once, really.

This I feel is the key.

Big Koz needs to have an impact..

a) we obviously benefit from his marks/goals
b) means the opposition can't afford to double/triple team on Roo.

you would hope we will come out firing which should get us through

dogs have no cooney, no morris (hope he plays rooey will blow him up in 1st 5 min), no higgins and lake has an injured knee..
we have them covered in all areas of the ground so cmon saints take us to the gf!!

Im not normally this nervous about match so early on, but i am today. Shitting bricks.

No matter how shit you, or everyone else thinks the Doggies are atm, even a the tiniest swing in intensity or ferocity or luck will result in a loss.
Dogs have the game and the key players to beat us, very unlucky not to have jagged a win in or last couple of encounters. If they actually use their leg speed instead of switching it 10 times when a zone is sitting in their 50, well..

Wish i had the confidence of those thinking we have this in the bag already. Save me the stress at least.

Daniel Cross also likely to be missing through suspension? Im feeling extremely confident with this one, very happy Bulldogs somehow won as would be worried playing Sydney as we always have close matches against them.

I dont hold the confidence many other teams supporters seem to have in us

I think we are the better side, but people predicting a 10+ goal win are way off

Saints by 20 points IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion St.Kilda vs Western Bulldogs, 2nd AFL Preliminary Final, 18/9/2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back