Remove this Banner Ad

The issue I have:

2015 SF - had a really bad day
2016 R23 with top 4 spot on the line - had a really bad day
2016 SF - had a really bad day
2017 GF - had a really bad day
2018 - had a really bad season

Seeing a pattern there?
I see your point here. Our senior players and whole 22 have consistently failed in big matches during this 'window'.

Our finals record since Walsh's appointment:

2015 EF - narrow win
2015 SF - big loss
2016 EF - comfy win
2016 SF - big loss
2017 QF - comfy win
2017 PF - comfy win
2017 GF - big loss

I guess this group of players peaked in 2017. As a fan I desperately hoped they were still good enough to 'go one better' in 2018 and clung to the hope that the squad was still a granny-worthy squad this year. But now we need to look to 2020 and beyond.

I see your point here. Our senior players and whole 22 have consistently failed in big matches during this 'window'.

2015 EF - narrow win
2015 SF - big loss
2016 EF - comfy win
2016 SF - big loss
2017 QF - comfy win
2017 PF - comfy win
2017 GF - big loss

I guess this group of players peaked in 2017. As a fan I desperately hoped they were still good enough to make a GF in 2018 and clung to the hope that the squad was still a granny-worthy squad this year. But now we need to look to 2020 and beyond.
Do you think once jacobs tex betts lynch talia douglas gibbs are gone we have rhe players coming through

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Problem with our team besides Milera is all of our players even the very top top tier have very glaring deficiencies in more than one area of their game .
When you compound that you end up with an indecisive , slow footed , out of form team with inconsistent ability to execute skills under pressure .
The worst offenders are over the hill and have serious issues with agility + mobility and even effort , when that shows you are simply EXPOSED .
All of the above issues ring true through the coaches box , administration and majority of stakeholders !
We are an overrated football club with a lot of talent but no know how on how to utilize it .
No more golden passes, play the f..kin kids with form , have a succession plan , DO IT.
Over the excuses , it is pathetic .

2015 EF - narrow win
2015 SF - big loss
2016 EF - comfy win
2016 SF - big loss
2017 QF - comfy win
2017 PF - comfy win
2017 GF - big loss

I guess this group of players peaked in 2017. As a fan I desperately hoped they were still good enough to 'go one better' in 2018 and clung to the hope that the squad was still a granny-worthy squad this year. But now we need to look to 2020 and beyond.
I think we were all pretty hyped up after the “happy” pre season.

Probably why it hits so hard.

Problem with our team besides Milera is all of our players even the very top top tier have very glaring deficiencies in more than one area of their game .
When you compound that you end up with an indecisive , slow footed , out of form team with inconsistent ability to execute skills under pressure .
The worst offenders are over the hill and have serious issues with agility + mobility and even effort , when that shows you are simply EXPOSED .
All of the above issues ring true through the coaches box , administration and majority of stakeholders !
We are an overrated football club with a lot of talent but no know how on how to utilize it .
No more golden passes, play the f..kin kids with form , have a succession plan , DO IT.
Over the excuses , it is pathetic .
I dont think they have form but still you need to bite the bullett, cop the pain of missing finals and see if they are capable

The only thing against that is rushing them into something that may be more well suited to see them develop

Out of galluci pohlkoke mchenry jones hunter and co some will sink some will swim thats a given

I dont think they have form but still you need to bite the bullett, cop the pain of missing finals and see if they are capable

The only thing against that is rushing them into something that may be more well suited to see them develop

Out of galluci pohlkoke mchenry jones hunter and co some will sink some will swim thats a given

You don't think any kids that have had form in the 2's over the years . That is an impossible start to your reply . Nonsense !!

You don't think any kids that have had form in the 2's over the years . That is an impossible start to your reply . Nonsense !!

Seriously 2017 we were almost unbeatable unfortunately tex betts Sloane didn't rock up on the most important day of the year, they certainly got the selection right throughout the year though

Last year they overated themselves as did everyone else, so yeah big mistake

This year should be rebuild play the kids cop the pain we have seen the bottom 4 teams go through and rebuild we need to

Regardless of whether he would've made it or not, I recall Wigg being our best SANFL player over a period of time, by an absolute mile, only to be told that it was extremely unlikely he'd be selected, but to keep up the good work so they could reconsider for the following year.

Seriously 2017 we were almost unbeatable unfortunately tex betts Sloane didn't rock up on the most important day of the year, they certainly got the selection right throughout the year though

Last year they overated themselves as did everyone else, so yeah big mistake

This year should be rebuild play the kids cop the pain we have seen the bottom 4 teams go through and rebuild we need to
How do you know we overrated ourselves last year? Two of the guys you mentioned were injured for a fair chunk of the year and we still won 12 games.

Hentschel doing his knee.

Knights going down while absolutely dominating that final against Collingwood.

Bloody Parvo virus.

He was bloody unlucky.
Bock injured for the home final loss too from memory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you know we overrated ourselves last year? Two of the guys you mentioned were injured for a fair chunk of the year and we still won 12 games.
One of the guys i mentioned which shouldnt have affected us that much look at who west coast lost last year

We clearly believed the hype

Go have a look at the prediction thread for this year how many bf posters thought we would take the flag

Can you honestly say they werent believing the hype

They were sounding like puffer fish

One of the guys i mentioned which shouldnt have affected us that much look at who west coast lost last year

We clearly believed the hype

Go have a look at the prediction thread for this year how many bf posters thought we would take the flag

Can you honestly say they werent believing the hype

They were sounding like puffer fish

What do you mean one of the guys you mentioned? Tex and Sloane both missed chunks of 2017 and both played whilst injured for parts of it.

And we are talking about the club believing the hype going into 18, there’s no reason to think we shouldn’t have been a contender last year after playing in a grand final. Except our football department ****ed up our preseason.

As for West Coast, they didn’t lose 5 quality picks, they haven’t lost players and they attract players, of course they are going to have more depth.

They are chalk and cheese to how our club has been run. It’s embarrassing they are so much better at it than us.

What do you mean one of the guys you mentioned? Tex and Sloane both missed chunks of 2017 and both played whilst injured for parts of it.

And we are talking about the club believing the hype going into 18, there’s no reason to think we shouldn’t have been a contender last year after playing in a grand final. Except our football department ****** up our preseason.

As for West Coast, they didn’t lose 5 quality picks, they haven’t lost players and they attract players, of course they are going to have more depth.

They are chalk and cheese to how our club has been run. It’s embarrassing they are so much better at it than us.
Nah he is talking about me. Called me a puffer as if thats some sort of insult from martynotsosmarty.

I believed we had sorted out the issues around pre-season. I thought getting Mattner and Godden would help change. But I failed to understand how deep Pyke himself holds onto the continuity mantra.

I still believe we are going to go play finals. I would like to hope we go deep.

Nah he is talking about me. Called me a puffer as if thats some sort of insult from martynotsosmarty.

I believed we had sorted out the issues around pre-season. I thought getting Mattner and Godden would help change. But I failed to understand how deep Pyke himself holds onto the continuity mantra.

I still believe we are going to go play finals. I would like to hope we go deep.
We are only 3 games in, I think with some tweaks to our forward line and some freshness then we can still have a decent year. It’s a pity McAdam is injured and unfit as he is the type of player we need.

We are only 3 games in, I think with some tweaks to our forward line and some freshness then we can still have a decent year. It’s a pity McAdam is injured and unfit as he is the type of player we need.

I actually think we will be 3 and 2, in the next 2 weeks and will finish 7th or 8th, but if you haven't worked out by now Im not interested in competitive.

Grey Crow wasn't the only one to think we were certainties to win the flag, go have a read of the thread its actually embarrassing it looks like we are puffer fish Power supporters

AS for last year, some camp, come on at 20 odd years of age would you have given a toss about the camp, I know I wouldn't, we failed last year because our highest paid players, in other words our guns were down and are again this year.

As for west coast their highest two players in Nic Nat and Gaff were gone that is impressive

MCadam is an unkown by the way he may be crap at the elite level, look at how grigg or summerton tear it up in the SANFL

I actually think we will be 3 and 2, in the next 2 weeks and will finish 7th or 8th, but if you haven't worked out by now Im not interested in competitive.

Grey Crow wasn't the only one to think we were certainties to win the flag, go have a read of the thread its actually embarrassing it looks like we are puffer fish Power supporters

AS for last year, some camp, come on at 20 odd years of age would you have given a toss about the camp, I know I wouldn't, we failed last year because our highest paid players, in other words our guns were down and are again this year.

As for west coast their highest two players in Nic Nat and Gaff were gone that is impressive

MCadam is an unkown by the way he may be crap at the elite level, look at how grigg or summerton tear it up in the SANFL
It wasn’t just the camp, have a look at the top 10 from our 2017 B&F and how many were injured or mismanaged in 18.

All new players are an unknown, for every Grigg or Summerton there’s a Ryan, Rioli, Collins, Burgess, Fritsch, Menongola.

Yeah West Coast did very well, lucky for them they’ve haven’t had the same issues we have because they are well run.

Yeah not our strongest effort, Galluci is still trying to earn his spot whilst others picked after him are solid contributors for their team.
Is that his fault though.

2017 he’s brought in for 1 game in R9. Gets 11 possessions and a goal on debut. Dropped the next week.

Doesn’t reappear until 2018. In 2018 he plays 16 games:

In 11 out of 16 games he makes double figures in possessions and kicks 15 goals.

In 2019 he has a niggle but once fit made to play 2’s for R1-3. Hopefully he’s back this week, but why was he not straight back in on the basis of his 2018?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back