List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd pay Gawn, Grundy and even TDK $1M in a heartbeat. I'd also give it to Witts if he could get his body right. I'd think about it for Darcy, Jackson and Marshall. Although I'm not sure about the physical intensity of his play, I'd also consider it for English given his hand and foot skills are pretty much running mid level. $1M is not what it was even a couple of years ago, there'll be at 30-40 players on that with the next CBA, maybe more.

ROB is a liability right now. At this best he could take a decent mark but we haven't seen that consistently for a long while. He started with ordinary skills that we assumed would get better but right now they're worse. He handballs like a 5 year old. We have one of our players on the field that we don't want to have the ball. That means he should be replaced.
Whack it in Google - they're predicting up to 50 players getting $1m+ in 2025. I think even the low estimates were 35.

This draft would have to be the deepest I have seen for years

This is not the time to be wasting draft picks on average AFL players in the simple desire to show that we are busy at the trade table.

There are some quality players out there that have not even been mentioned by most pundits

With the Tasmania team due to be incorporated in the near future building up a bank of quality young players will set us up in the future for sustained success

With Hamish and his team back in form after some dark years in the late teens we could set ourselves up for many years to come

This is not the time to be wasting draft picks on average AFL players in the simple desire to show that we are busy at the trade table.

There are some quality players out there that have not even been mentioned by most pundits

With the Tasmania team due to be incorporated in the near future building up a bank of quality young players will set us up in the future for sustained success

With Hamish and his team back in form after some dark years in the late teens we could set ourselves up for many years to come
I hope you are right old friend

Couldn't believe the skill and quality in some of the national championship games. I'm only a casual observer and have never really cared about it before but there's some super players this year

If they don't want to get rid of him they wont trade him. They will only look at offers if they are ok to lose him, in which case we should hold the upper hand here.

If Oliver wants to leave but Melbourne want to keep him they would consider offers. We’d just have to make a very good one, and 2 first rounders would likely be the starting point.

Clubs are generally fairly open to accommodating player requests to move in the AFL.

If Oliver wants to leave but Melbourne want to keep him they would consider offers. We’d just have to make a very good one, and 2 first rounders would likely be the starting point.

Clubs are generally fairly open to accommodating player requests to move in the AFL.
Can't see Melbourne letting any player go under their value given the shit that got thrown at them over Grundy, members would be out with the pitchforks especially if they miss Finals which is very much on the cards

Isn't it based on the contracts for this year, not next year?
I think it's based on existing contracts.

I don't believe it can be this year - because the time Battle signs for a new club, that will be last year, and that would have been a year Battle had a contract himself with a different club.

I think his 2025 onwards contract is measured against all signed 2025 onwards contracts.

I think the confusion comes from last year, when signed future contracts hadn't been adjusted up with automatic increases yet, as the Cap increase hadn't yet been applied. At least, that's my memory.

Last edited:
Isn't it based on the contracts for this year, not next year?

If it’s the Hawks that are reportedly offering Battle $900k then they should think about giving the Saints a taste of their own medicine, and structure a contract that’s like $700K per year with easy to reach yearly targets attached to a $200K per year bonus. Thats what screwed us over with the Crouch situation.

Hawks should do it so as to improve their chances of getting a better player in the draft, as it doesn’t help them either if Saints have two selections ahead of them instead of 1

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gettable said that EH was unlikely to move to GWS, has a contract in front of him from us and other clubs could be interested (none named)

Im not surprised, I dont rate him but it is hard to find players that can cover his role. Even as a backup

Even if he goes, we will need to replace him with a similar player and sometimes it's easy getting a guy already in the AFL system. Anyone over 200cm gives you options.

It's why a guy like Frampton has survived and someone like Burgess will drop out of the system.

Im not surprised, I dont rate him but it is hard to find players that can cover his role. Even as a backup

Even if he goes, we will need to replace him with a similar player and sometimes it's easy getting a guy already in the AFL system. Anyone over 200cm gives you options.

It's why a guy like Frampton has survived and someone like Burgess will drop out of the system.
Toby Murray?

It’s an amazingly deep draft , 10-60 is very strong . Going to produce some great players and hope we hit it hard all the way to the end

Top 10 no stronger than last year

It’s an amazingly deep draft , 10-60 is very strong . Going to produce some great players and hope we hit it hard all the way to the end

Top 10 no stronger than last year
No Reid/Walter (who will still be really damn good)/McKercher-level players this year, but that’s the only thing 2023 has on this year at this stage, tbh

Welsh prob won’t go until the mid 30s possibly even later
That would be a great result for us. Get in pick 4 or 5 to get that top end mid, we have a 2nd which will slide in before the Welsh bid and maybe try and engineer another 1st or early 2nd. If we can then secure Cumming as a FA (assuming his body is not totally shot), that would be a great end of season capture

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back