Game Day Stuv's 150th game - Port Adelaide v StKilda: Saturday 29th July 4.35pm @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
81c5d89924896692cf10960c47018ddd.jpg

Im done

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mate. Geez.

Don't see it the same way as many here. We should have got the win and would have been the best one yet for this group. We outplayed them in most facets of the game but didn't hit the scoreboard. We never gave up. The last minute was gut wrenching and I honestly still can't quite believe that happened. Reality is though we were smashed on clearances all night, it was a huge weakness and it cost us at the death.

I'm actually proud of that performance. For some reason many feel the need to pot the players and the coaches but I saw tonight that we're heading in the right direction. Can still make finals too but it will be hard.

Don't get me wrong I am super proud of the way they acquitted themselves. disgusted that we had that game on ice and lost it

Don't see it the same way as many here. We should have got the win and would have been the best one yet for this group. We outplayed them in most facets of the game but didn't hit the scoreboard. We never gave up. The last minute was gut wrenching and I honestly still can't quite believe that happened. Reality is though we were smashed on clearances all night, it was a huge weakness and it cost us at the death.

I'm actually proud of that performance. For some reason many feel the need to pot the players and the coaches but I saw tonight that we're heading in the right direction. Can still make finals too but it will be hard.

Put ourselves behind the 8 ball every time we play.
Sure there were positives, but I'm too bloody devastated right now to care about them. We are the worst goal kicking team in the league and it continues year after year.

The players will be heartbroken. To play so well, grind it out despite kicking for goal woes, get on top, get in front, and then to do that on the last stoppage...

They will be absolutely gutted by that. Don't see the point in potting them.

Watch the last two minutes mate and tell me how well we are coached. Sure I said the last stoppage bit I meant the last quarter.

FMD

What the last quarter where we actually got 10 points up?

With a minute to go we lead by 10.

With 19 secs we still leas by 4. Players being in attacking position instead of defensive allowed Gray to get the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even though I'm stupidly disappointed with the end result

Positive: we played way out of our skin considering how we have played the last few weeks. No one here would have expected us to get within 1 scoring shot over there against a legitimate top 4 team. Our players didn't take a backward step against a side that has almost 50 average game experience on it.

Props to the boys. I'm disappointed in a few of the last stoppage setups and our ability to stick tackles when it matters, but this could well be a massive learning curve.

So...

#1 Membrey cost a goal with 1 min left, barreling in and managed to take out Geary, making a 4v2 into a 2v2 in which Young goaled since Brown had to impact very late.
#2 Whilst Longer lost the tap, Acres got sucked into the contest, which allowed the avenue which Gray then ran into to goal, you can understand why Ross was contest side instead of out the back since we kinda wanted to kill it.

So Membrey & Acres cost us that game after both tried to bring us back into it and the lead with 1min 18 left. The two of you give up your jumper for the week and put on some overalls because youa re cleaning up the shit in reflection on how poor your efforts were to snatch defeat when we should have won.

Yeah jays what I said as well. Strangely absent.
They review every goal even if the umps don't call for the video ump. Was clearly over the line.

Lots to hate about the performance but lots to like - very young side - stayed with it - eventually the goal kicking had to turn.

Not sure if there's anything else to say.

I was so proud to see them work their way back and into a winning position.

But that last two minutes was ****ed. Shocking, out players need to be better than that.

That may well be the difference between playing finals, can't see it happening now.

Well done to Dunstan who seems to have clicked.

I'm sure their are heaps of positives but when you lose a game that was yours it's hard to see it that way. Absolutely gutted!

Obviously I'm disappointed, but the players fought so bravely. It was like a cauldron in there by the end. For us to come so close in a game nobody expects us to win... Sad, but proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back