Swans - back to back?

Remove this Banner Ad

sherb said:
Nah, I am still a Blue through and through, but I pay a Swans membership each year to support the club and the game here so I am allowing myself to enjoy their flag.

isnt 16 enough? :cool:

The Fireman said:
seperating quotes..hmmm, simply pointing out that a certain club no longer exists so it's a bit rich to keep pulling up stats from a non existent entity.
Like PA dragging up stats form their previous existance.

port adelaide magpies are still a club in the sanfl. They are not the same team. The sydney swans moved, it is still the same team from the vfl days according to all the stats, that is fact. Are we to discount all the vfl stats?

besides which if you count just the sydney swans from 1982 onwards, we still have a better record than the saints so what is your point?? do you have one?

The Fireman said:
seperating quotes..hmmm, simply pointing out that a certain club no longer exists so it's a bit rich to keep pulling up stats from a non existent entity.

much of a muchness really - i've supported the swans since the sth melb days, so I choose to attach the sth history with the swans. I'm not requiring your approval to do this!

ummm............... yeah................ no, i have made up my mind, i'm going to consolidate the sth and sydney swan cultures with or without you.... ya d***head

swansrule100 said:
fireman is clearly a tossa!

bring barry hall back up, is that the arugment?

well if maguire wasnt a little fairy there would of been no report, but the rules let him off!

but what does any of this have to do with the swans chances of back to back

fireman just stop trying to wheel out the old bandwagon rubbish and accept right now your supporting a 2nd rate team that is yet to achieve anything!
lol and I am accused with the insults. I brought up Hall to prove a point and I have. I certainly hope and most would that there is no back to back after hearing from some of you guys.
To think it was ok for Hall to play pretty much sums you guys up, :thumbsdown:

The Fireman said:
That has been done to death here, but for the record I strongly disagree with you.

The Swans are a relocated club in the same competition and quite rightly recognize their history prior to the relocation.

The Port Adelaide situation is different, their previous history was in a different competition.

The Fireman said:
lol and I am accused with the insults. I brought up Hall to prove a point and I have. I certainly hope and most would that there is no back to back after hearing from some of you guys.

you proved a point just like you won the 2005 GF :D

The Fireman said:

lets presume thats what you were doing, you still havent stated any point here...just summised and said it sums us up what is your point?

we arent allowed to embrace our history or think our forward deserved to get off?? So according to you if you were not born in 1933 you cant appreciate the swans win
if you dont think barry hall should of got suspended you are some sort of thug?
and if you dont live in sydney you cant follow the team?
have i missed anything?

oh yes all swans fans are bandwagonners

im sorry i resorted to calling you a tossa but geez ur one wierd fella obviously jealous

id say your day will come , but i doubt the saints will win a flag in your lifetime seen as you must be about 75, it would explain the problems you have!

sherb said:
That has been done to death here, but for the record I strongly disagree with you.

The Swans are a relocated club in the same competition and quite rightly recognize their history prior to the relocation.

The Port Adelaide situation is different, their previous history was in a different competition.
Thats fine you can disagree, but I couldn't follow the Saints if they went interstate. To me the Saints for eg being in NSW would represent that state, I am pretty keen on my state of Victoria. :)

The Fireman said:
Thats fine you can disagree, but I couldn't follow the Saints if they went interstate. To me the Saints for eg being in NSW would represent that state, I am pretty keen on my state of Victoria. :)

do you actually live in stkilda?

stkilda arent accepting memberships outside the suburb this year?

are you grant thomas?? you talk like he coaches

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Fireman said:
Tasmania may get a side in the future, good luck.

dont want it

bad enough we get your rabble down here!!

i will say one thing talking to you has filled in some time cheers!

The Fireman said:
And that is a choice any Victorian supporter would have to make if his club were to relocate. I am sure there are still a lot of SM supporters who don't support the Swans.

I was just making the point that it is perfectly logical that the Swans (and the AFL for that matter) recognize their history pre-1982, as the Sydney Swans are the relocated South Melbourne club.

nicky said:
we had injuries this year but like the troopers we are we didn't complain and whinge about it (like WCE and st kilda)
You know f/all about footy. I bet you're a 16 year old girl. Swans had a dream injury run trhis year.

you stick it all up your arsenal, we won the flag this year b/c we were the BEST TEAM!!!
Have I said any different?

ps the excuses are tiresome -
What excuses? Maybe you should quote me on some?

i just read your post again and i think the most cringeworthy thing in it (and it was a tough choice) was the 'every thing has to go right' - you are such a dumb p-huck !!!! i believe you are insinuating that we "luckily won the flag"-
I don't think you're in a position to call anyone else dumb luv. I'm not sure how you worked out I insinuated that the Swans were lucky to win the flag because numerous times I clearly said they deserved to win.

just b/c we dont carry on about our team like the stupid wiggles doesn't mean we're not fantastic, OPEN YOUR EYES YOU FOOL b4 you post rubbish like this!!!!!
As I thought, judging by your abreviated text you could be older than a 16 year old girl. Don't know many 16 year old girls who have a clue about footy.

swansrule100 said:
here here

we were underestimated all year and we stuck it up em and still people wanna try to bring the achievement down.

we got the cup thats all that matters

go swans!
Care to quote me where I've "brought it down". Or do you just have an inferior complex? Or maybe you just using this as an excuse to have a gloat?

bunsen burner said:
Possible, but I doubt it.

1. Most importantly, as the poster above has mentioned - injuries. Swans had a dream run while St Kilda had a shocker. Be surprised if it happened again.

2. Sydney are not that good. Very few teams win back to back and I don't believe Sydney are in the Brisbane/Adelaide/Hawthorn class. Any of 4 teams could have won the flag this year and Adelaide and Sydney are in same boat. Maybe if St Kilda or Eagles had won they be a reasonable chance for back to back.

3. Sydney don't have that much improvement. Roos got the best out of them. St Kilda and West Coast have some improvement.

I think they'll be right up there again, but everything has to go right again, plus a few things go wrong for St Kilda and West Coast.

silly bunsen burner here is my response to your ignorant post #119

1. i cannot belive you (an eagles supporter) is challenging me on my age! is that all you've got, you opened with that so i fear that is the best you could come up with... let's assume that i am 16 (which i'm not btw) most people turn 16 at some stage, you have to turn 16 b4 you get to the pinnacle of whatever the hell superior age you are.! now the reason i'm surprised an EAGLES supporter would be challenging me on my age is you guys ARE about 16 yrs old... the swans have RICH culture that extends past the 100 yr bracket... YOU FOOL!

in post #119 you stated that you had not rebuttled that the swans were the best team and you asked me to highlight where you had stated differently, i have kindly provided you with evidence where you stated differently... might i add i'm getting pi$$ed with you for wasting my time- you time wasting fool.!

you asked me to quote the pathetic excuses - i'm pointing out injuries as a pathetic excuse (again i've provided you with one of your own silly quotes)... every team knows that fitness is an integral part of a successful football team, your ignorance is no longer cute, WIGGLES fan... You ignorant, time wasting FOOL...

no really i'm saying you are not very bright (there you go, i've softened it for you) :) you unintelligent, time wasting, ignorant fool

bunsen burner said:
You know f/all about footy. I bet you're a 16 year old girl. Swans had a dream injury run trhis year.

Have I said any different?

What excuses? Maybe you should quote me on some?

I don't think you're in a position to call anyone else dumb luv. I'm not sure how you worked out I insinuated that the Swans were lucky to win the flag because numerous times I clearly said they deserved to win.

As I thought, judging by your abreviated text you could be older than a 16 year old girl. Don't know many 16 year old girls who have a clue about footy.

please see above for reply to this silly post :rolleyes:

Daisy..1 said:
...Gee Wizz..You Swans supporters are soo bloody cocky now! Back to back..Three in a row...i have to listen to it each night as i am married to one of you lot.

Hmm, well at least somebody in your house has taste when it comes to the team they support.

There is NO WAY I'm getting cocky about winning. I still haven't even come to terms with the fact we ARE actually Premiers. Given that 6 months ago I was saying how disillusioned I was with both footy as well as the Swans, to be sitting here now talking about the Swans going back-to-back is about as easy to fathom as teeth growing on chickens.

I still cannot come to terms with the fact we are Premiers; it just feels bloody wrong, bloody weird. To be honest I don't know how to feel, because I have no experience in knowing what to feel. I just subconsciously refuse to get used to it, half expecting us to pluck a gallent defeat from a 5 goal 3 quarter lead. All I am left with when I think about it is this dull confusion and a feeling that somebody will wake me up and we'll be back where we belong, being crap and pitied by all and sundry yet again. :confused:

You follow a team through 27 losses and see how it makes you feel when you win. It just doesn't computee.

We won this year (I think :confused: ). How we'll go next year. Well, let's wait and see.

I just hope the penny drops eventually. This is NOT the way I was supposed to feel after winning a flag.

JF

bunsen burner said:
Care to quote me where I've "brought it down". Or do you just have an inferior complex? Or maybe you just using this as an excuse to have a gloat?

swans would of won by 30 points if oloughlin kicked straight

we won the flag and bragging rites, im sure youll go on when you win! get over it mate :)

nicky said:
1. i cannot belive you (an eagles supporter) is challenging me on my age!
If you're older than 16 then you should be embarassed. You come across as no older.

is that all you've got, you opened with that so i fear that is the best you could come up with...
Wasn't an insult. Just a an estimate from your intelligence level and propensity to write in abreviated text like teenage girls do.

let's assume that i am 16 (which i'm not btw) most people turn 16 at some stage, you have to turn 16 b4 you get to the pinnacle of whatever the hell superior age you are.! now the reason i'm surprised an EAGLES supporter would be challenging me on my age is you guys ARE about 16 yrs old... the swans have RICH culture that extends past the 100 yr bracket... YOU FOOL!
You'll be struggling to convince anyone else you're over 16 too.

in post #119 you stated that you had not rebuttled that the swans were the best team and you asked me to highlight where you had stated differently, i have kindly provided you with evidence where you stated differently... might i add i'm getting pi$ed with you for wasting my time- you time wasting fool.!
No very smart are you? Go read what I said: I didn't say the Swans weren't that good to win the flag, but weren't that good to be a odds on chance to go back to back.

No rebuttals about the Swans flag there. I can only summise that you severely lack intelligence.

you asked me to quote the pathetic excuses - i'm pointing out injuries as a pathetic excuse (again i've provided you with one of your own silly quotes)... every team knows that fitness is an integral part of a successful football team, your ignorance is no longer cute, WIGGLES fan... You ignorant, time wasting FOOL...
Once again you expose your severe lack of intelligence. The quote you quoted me had nothing to do with an excuse.

no really i'm saying you are not very bright (there you go, i've softened it for you) :) you unintelligent, time wasting, ignorant fool
Talk it up all you like idiot but it doesn't take an Einstein to work out that you're severely lacking in the brains dept.

Remove this Banner Ad

Swans - back to back?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back