News Swans Talk in the Media: 2016 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't get the WCE angle on this, ie what's to gain. Someone's got something to say and they've jumped em pr style. It's not about the 10 year reunion, I guarantee it.

The worst part about the 06 Eagles is that for years it's been almost taboo to call them out on their culture and what they may or may not have done wrong, but a decade later it's suddenly worthy of such an in-depth investigation. How about the AFL do their job and cut out the BS in the game before it ends up having a serious taint on the integrity of the competition.

Tippett best ruck in the comp at the moment - Carey

Not that Carey is very popular, but Tippett is starting to get some recognition in the media, contrary to popular belief on this board.

Tippett best ruck in the comp at the moment - Carey

Not that Carey is very popular, but Tippett is starting to get some recognition in the media, contrary to popular belief on this board.

lol, Carey. 12 months ago he said Tippett was the most overpaid player of all time and that we should trade him.

Flog off, Duck.

And Colless response to 06 is very clear. Don't look for excuses http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...oss-says-richard-colless-20160609-gpfpuk.html

Don't think it's an excuse. But why wasn't it more of a talking point for so long? I just can't see the same level of calmness about it all if they had just eclipsed Collingwood, Hawthorn or Geelong.. Not saying we lost because of it. But it kind of died away before any repercussions could be felt and I have no doubt it was because the two clubs involved were non-Victorian.

The media was happy to ignore it because West Coast didn't attract headlines like a big Victorian club, and they were happy to ignore it because the Swans don't matter to them.

Don't think it's an excuse. But why wasn't it more of a talking point for so long? I just can't see the same level of calmness about it all if they had just eclipsed Collingwood, Hawthorn or Geelong.. Not saying we lost because of it. But it kind of died away before any repercussions could be felt and I have no doubt it was because the two clubs involved were non-Victorian.

The media was happy to ignore it because West Coast didn't attract headlines like a big Victorian club, and they were happy to ignore it because the Swans don't matter to them.
They also love the idea that it was 1-all after 05-06. They don't want a "dominant" Swans team with back-to-back GF's. They'd much rather the romantic idea of each of us being evenly matched & the WCE sode being as good if not better than us when in actual fact (IMO) I can see how some illicit drugs could improve gameday performance & thus have impacted the outcomes of matches over that period.

Then again, who's to say a few of our lads hadn't done the same?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I gotta say I read Rebecca Wilson's article about how the Swans and GWS need to fight the Victorians together. That's the kind of **** that annoys me, and I'm sure it annoys blokes like Pridham and Ireland, too. Yes I think the Victorian clubs, their bosses, and the media, are sods, and I know the emergence and rise of GWS should be a good thing for the game. But please Rebecca, leave the Swans out of your vendetta against Victoria. If Pridham or Horse or anyone from the Swans for that matter wants to come out and speak out against Victoria, or in defence of NSW football, they're welcome to. But I just hate that she frames us as this whinging team that's caught up in a great anti-Victorian movement.

NO. First and foremost, we are a football club that is ridiculously well-run, from the CEO right through to the players in the reserves. We've fought for decades now to have both on-field success and a professionalism other clubs would kill for and we don't need to be sitting here in 2016 getting the "poor us" treatment from any party in the media. I know her angle was supposed to be sympathetic to the Swans and the NSW football cause, but that sympathy in itself is just patronising at this point.

I gotta say I read Rebecca Wilson's article about how the Swans and GWS need to fight the Victorians together. That's the kind of **** that annoys me, and I'm sure it annoys blokes like Pridham and Ireland, too. Yes I think the Victorian clubs, their bosses, and the media, are sods, and I know the emergence and rise of GWS should be a good thing for the game. But please Rebecca, leave the Swans out of your vendetta against Victoria. If Pridham or Horse or anyone from the Swans for that matter wants to come out and speak out against Victoria, or in defence of NSW football, they're welcome to. But I just hate that she frames us as this whinging team that's caught up in a great anti-Victorian movement.

NO. First and foremost, we are a football club that is ridiculously well-run, from the CEO right through to the players in the reserves. We've fought for decades now to have both on-field success and a professionalism other clubs would kill for and we don't need to be sitting here in 2016 getting the "poor us" treatment from any party in the media. I know her angle was supposed to be sympathetic to the Swans and the NSW football cause, but that sympathy in itself is just patronising at this point.
I disagree.
The Vic clubs have no problem joining forces to **** us over in the name of 'equalisation'. We should create a united front with GWS to protect our interests.

Trust me - the rest of the AFL wants the 'Battle of the Bridge' and two weak teams in Sydney. Let's not play that game.

At the end of the North & Geelong game last night, when Eddie was mentioning the Sunday games to come, he called our game as the one between the "AFL's love children"!

Further reinforcement he's a f . . . wit with his days as Collingwood head honcho numbered.
Ol' Captain Blowhard loves to distract from his team's failings.

At the end of the North & Geelong game last night, when Eddie was mentioning the Sunday games to come, he called our game as the one between the "AFL's love children"!

Further reinforcement he's a f . . . wit with his days as Collingwood head honcho numbered.
I heard that as well and couldn't help but laugh. He must have done his research on Big Footy to come out with that.

He is bitter and only has himself to blame for his changeover in coach.

Many people on here were stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tippo, Macca, Sinclair, Richards, Reid, Mitchell (can't kick etc).

I think Ive probably defended all of them at one time or another. But that's fine. It's what boards are for.

Just when I thought there's no possible way I could hate his big fat ugly very punchable flog face any more than I already do....

Fair dinkum? Just goes to show how unprofessional that knob is. A professional wouldn't take advantage of their position to slag off the northern clubs every chance they get. He doesn't make the odd slip of the tongue, he takes every opportunity he can to badger the northern states.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back