News Swans Talk in the Media: 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement: Swans YouTube Channel
So thanks to the awesome Kennedy Parker you will notice a sticky post at the top of the pages now. This link will take you directly to the Swans YouTube channel which features interviews etc.

Who is Peter Blucher ?

Peter Blucher is an arguably dodgy figure who doubles as one of our club historians. The reason I say that is that I believe he was Tippett's manager when they cooked up the deal that got Adelaide stripped up draft picks, Tippett suspended for half a season and Blucher to lose his player agent credentials for a time: https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ku...l/news-story/77625526510f393f3ff13671e9dce8d8. Blucher also got bad press for telling Joel Wilkinson that the reason there were more clubs interested in him was because those clubs believed that Wilkinson was "grandstanding" about the issue of racism in footy, and he also told Wilkinson he would be better off to "just shut up" about issues of racism: AFL 2021: Joel Wilkinson, AFL racism, secret recording, Heritier Lumumba, Peter Blucher, leaked audio, Gold Coast Suns (foxsports.com.au). Blucher has also written a number of articles apparently commissioned by the club about our history.

Peter Blucher is an arguably dodgy figure who doubles as one of our club historians. The reason I say that is that I believe he was Tippett's manager when they cooked up the deal that got Adelaide stripped up draft picks, Tippett suspended for half a season and Blucher to lose his player agent credentials for a time: https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ku...l/news-story/77625526510f393f3ff13671e9dce8d8. Blucher also got bad press for telling Joel Wilkinson that the reason there were more clubs interested in him was because those clubs believed that Wilkinson was "grandstanding" about the issue of racism in footy, and he also told Wilkinson he would be better off to "just shut up" about issues of racism: AFL 2021: Joel Wilkinson, AFL racism, secret recording, Heritier Lumumba, Peter Blucher, leaked audio, Gold Coast Suns (foxsports.com.au). Blucher has also written a number of articles apparently commissioned by the club about our history.
So he's inaccurate, careless, dishonest and not so casually racist? Who lets him write articles for the Swans' official website?

SEN reporting our salary cap issues are real.
Hewett gone for sure.
One of Dawson or Parker to go.

That’s not correct, it will be one of Dawson, Parker and Hewett.

Harley pretty much confirmed that the club and Hewett have been working on him leaving under RFA for the last 12 months.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

25AUG21: John Longmire interview/3AW
Coming on now

We have likey 10 final debutants on Saturday.
Ollie's comments:
"We've played a few games this year that felt like finals intensity or have been really close games, and a lot of the young guys really stepped up,” Florent said.
"Justin McInerney is definitely one to watch, he’s not afraid to take the game on. Errol Gulden is another one with his attack on the ball and the way he uses it.
"Sam Wicks doesn't mind some niggle and is always talking to the opposition, so I think he'll step up as well.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back