News Swans Talk in the Media: 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement: Swans YouTube Channel
So thanks to the awesome Kennedy Parker you will notice a sticky post at the top of the pages now. This link will take you directly to the Swans YouTube channel which features interviews etc.

Great stuff, never, ever get sick of relieving that. :D

On a side note, as has been said many a time, the professionalism of Anthony Hudson in that call is almost as amazing as Nick's four goals.

Almost.
;)
And he barracks for Geelong .He is very good and underused

and? People can reply to other members of the board. You are not the police of what is and isn't posted in a given thread.

Either report a post or move on.
Coming from you the ex supreme controller . I just like to read what's happening with Swans in the media , there is a thread for general discussion

Coming from you the ex supreme controller . I just like to read what's happening with Swans in the media , there is a thread for general discussion
Cmon Bedders, give it a spell will ya mate. Someone posts an article it’s always going to draw a comment. And **** knows we all need a bit of engagement right now. Our online mates are pretty much all we have.

Cmon Bedders, give it a spell will ya mate. Someone posts an article it’s always going to draw a comment. And fu** knows we all need a bit of engagement right now. Our online mates are pretty much all we have.
I just like the stuff Ticky puts up . Then you think your on the wrong thread .That bit could go on the Buddy one as well.
Sorry , i'm actually still pissed off we should be playing Melbourne this week . Sorry off topic.

Media today . Jon Ralph the dickhead has taken over Stinky Robbos page is saying that Hawkins since 2012 has been better than Buddy .
If you heavily factor in availability and value for money then I can see an argument but Buddy's various peaks over the past 10 years have undoubtedly been higher.

I did a very quick run of stats from the start of 2012 til now. Hawkins vs Bud. The numbers are as follows:

Total matchesTotal GoalsAverage disposalsAverage marksAverage goals/behindsAverage I50'sAverage Brownlow votes (not including 2021)Average tackles
Bud17654415.85.63.1/2.24.0.62.6
Hawkins22255712.65.62.5/1.41.7.21.8

Hawkins has been remarkable. For his output and his durability. One of the best of the last 20 years.

But come on. Numbers speak for themselves. Or ignore the numbers and just watch them play and that speaks for itself too.

I did a very quick run of stats from the start of 2012 til now. Hawkins vs Bud. The numbers are as follows:

Total matchesTotal GoalsAverage disposalsAverage marksAverage goals/behindsAverage I50'sAverage Brownlow votes (not including 2021)Average tackles

Hawkins has been remarkable. For his output and his durability. One of the best of the last 20 years.

But come on. Numbers speak for themselves. Or ignore the numbers and just watch them play and that speaks for itself too.
Well done and i bet Hawkins gets more frees

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawkins averages are worse per game.
Buddy has been consistent for his entire career.
Hawkins was crap for quite a few years after being drafted. Talls take longer I know.
But Hawkins has been fairly impressive in his last years on these numbers.
There are much more things than stats that define a champion footballer. Supporters of their own club see them better and hold them higher than others for their own reasons I suppose.

Hawkins averages are worse per game.
Buddy has been consistent for his entire career.
Hawkins was crap for quite a few years after being drafted. Talls take longer I know.
But Hawkins has been fairly impressive in his last years on these numbers.
There are much more things than stats that define a champion footballer. Supporters of their own club see them better and hold them higher than others for their own reasons I suppose.
All this started by dickhead Jon Ralph in todays HS

I think this illustrates the most incredible thing about Buddy,

No one is even close to him.

Hawkins and Riewoldt are two deadset guns, some of the generations best key forwards, and neither of them are close to matching Buddy.

We'll take the 'Star' moniker (at least in a playing sense) as prophetic :)

Great scenes. :)

On the playing list contract page he's listed as out of contract at end of 2021, however itsounds like he's all lined up for next year;
His return home, while temporary, is great to see as he looks to push on during his return to the AFL in the coming weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back