News Swans Talk in the Media: 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement: Swans YouTube Channel
So thanks to the awesome Kennedy Parker you will notice a sticky post at the top of the pages now. This link will take you directly to the Swans YouTube channel which features interviews etc.

Effectively the win was promising. Won't waste too much time on the review. Will review as lines and whole group to see what we can take from it. Change in time from Saturday to Sunday game won't impact the club. Is what it is. Gave the boys the day off today. Club is looking out for the families left in Sydney.
Damn, explosive stuff

360 is a full turn so, no change in direction?
LOL yes it’s like when the press talk about politicians doing a “policy backflip”. So they changed their policy to the diametric opposite and then kept on changing it till it was back where it was before?

“Rising to a crescendo” is a good one too. A crescendo IS a rising.

Watched Horse on 360 last night. Worth a watch if it is replayed today.

Take aways

* delighted - did not see it coming
* boys given a day off (Monday)
* effort signs there last week v Port (not evident v Hawks)
* said Amartey was a funny and smart kid

- A lad after his own heart one thinks - Horse has a ripping sense of humour. Showed it when asked about his own career. Said he peaked at 19 and downhill from there, cooked at 24 and not being able to get a possie retired at 28. He was bloody funny. I think the team get to see some of that great sense of fun on a weekly basis.

On AFL Tonight last night they were talking to Neil Craig I think....I turned it on half way through and wasn't really listening.
Anyway he was talking about the Collingwood coaching job and said that Don Pyke is a frontrunner but he also said that is if Pyke is interested in senior coaching again.
Can't see how Pyke is a frontrunner when it is unknown whether he is interested in a senior gig.
He then mentioned a Collingwood coaching team of Dean Cox and Pyke.
I expect it is speculation - did anyone else watch it?

On AFL Tonight last night they were talking to Neil Craig I think....I turned it on half way through and wasn't really listening.
Anyway he was talking about the Collingwood coaching job and said that Don Pyke is a frontrunner but he also said that is if Pyke is interested in senior coaching again.
Can't see how Pyke is a frontrunner when it is unknown whether he is interested in a senior gig.
To me that sounds like Pyke hasn't put his hand up but that the Pies have reached out to him.

Nick Riewoldt says we could win the flag.

I may be one eyed but I think there is a small chance we can too. It is going to take a lot of luck but we have proven we can beat the top 8 sides. It would be a real Steven Bradbury premiership win but Bradbury still has that Gold medal at home.

I may be one eyed but I think there is a small chance we can too. It is going to take a lot of luck but we have proven we can beat the top 8 sides. It would be a real Steven Bradbury premiership win but Bradbury still has that Gold medal at home.
We haven't looked out of place against any of the top 8. Our worst performances have been against the bottom of the ladder. If we sneak into 4th we're within a shot, but I wouldn't be willing to put any money on us

We haven't looked out of place against any of the top 8. Our worst performances have been against the bottom of the ladder. If we sneak into 4th we're within a shot, but I wouldn't be willing to put any money on us

I wouldn't be willing either, but I don't think it is impossible either, especially if we get guys like Warner, Campbell and even McDonald back and firing.

I wouldn't be willing either, but I don't think it is impossible either, especially if we get guys like Warner, Campbell and even McDonald back and firing.
The flag will be won in our back 6. Midfield and attack are already doing overtime, need blokes like McCartin, Rampe and Fox holding down a little more than they have. If Reid or Melican can come back and hold down a spot in the defensive 50 I think we'll see a huge improvement

Nick Riewoldt says we could win the flag.

I think we need to be top 4 to be in with a shot. We are a ways off top 4 but our run home is helpful especially if we dispatch the WB. If we make top 4 I think we can win it.

Just checked out the odds. We are still 26-1 level with WC. That is ridiculous overs imo. Richmond are still 13-1 and they won't even make the 8. lol. see what happens to those odds when we beat WB

Last edited:
It does seem a wide field for the flag this year.

Dees have begun to wobble.
Cats are without Jeremy Cameron for a while.
Eagles done.
Dogs have questions over their back line.
Port beatable.

Lions look alright but we showed we can beat them.

Id still have us about 4th/5th favorite but definitely great to be in finals contention.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans celebrate Heritage Week. For those going to the game on Sunday the Heritage guernsey will be available to buy.

Eagles done.
Port beatable.

Id still have us about 4th/5th favorite but definitely great to be in finals contention.
Would love a Swans/Lions GF. A Rugby States granny LOL.

I'm excited about the Bloods for the next four years or so, with our young Bloods, but .... I think Pyke has made a difference to our game style.
Would :heart: Don to stay with us.

Eagles done.
Port beatable.

I've just done the ladder predictor (which is mostly worthless because form can change quickly). Even with 1 or 2 losses for Dees and Port, we'd have to win every game from here I think to make top 4. This is what I think will happen if we just drop the 1 match (e.g. this week). With this, I then tipped we'd have to get past GWS, then Lions, Dogs and Cats away to win the flag. Monumental. Not really entertaining it.

1625535854206.png

I've just done the ladder predictor (which is mostly worthless because form can change quickly). Even with 1 or 2 losses for Dees and Port, we'd have to win every game from here I think to make top 4. This is what I think will happen if we just drop the 1 match (e.g. this week). With this, I then tipped we'd have to get past GWS, then Lions, Dogs and Cats away to win the flag. Monumental. Not really entertaining it.

View attachment 1171784
I did the same, came to the same conclusion :(

Still any Swans fan would have taken 6th at the beginning of the season

I did the same, came to the same conclusion :(

Still any Swans fan would have taken 6th at the beginning of the season
Yeah, I thought we could push for finals, but to be within touching distance of top 4 wasn't on my radar. Still, a long way to go, and with our performances against Suns and Hawks in mind, and if GWS or Tigers got their act together, we could still 'challenge' for 7th/8th. I had Eagles on equal points with Tigers, assuming they re-establish home dominance - but it'd take an absolute choke for us to miss from here (I'll add that this is definitely a possibility, so as to not jinx it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back