News Swans Talk in the Media: 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement: Swans YouTube Channel
So thanks to the awesome Kennedy Parker you will notice a sticky post at the top of the pages now. This link will take you directly to the Swans YouTube channel which features interviews etc.

Kellie Underwood and Jon Ralphs lagging of Buddy was shithouse

understand the annoyance ... but franklin wouldn't put himself up for such commentary if he wasn't doing those stupid, niggly things
whatever might be said about how franklin is umpired, he has been doing those sorts of things since he was at his other club ... unnecessary 'tough guy' pushing, shoving, close-to-the-wind late bumps, going on with tackles after the ball is gone ... stuff he's been warned many times about

Last edited:

Good to know in this crazy upside world some people are a rock of certainty.

Tell them Warwick:

“I was like: ‘Is that me or is that Isaac?’ Just reminded me of myself, sticky fingers, one grab all the way down.”

Derm has lost the plot saying it would be 3-4 weeks in the 80s.

Wouldn't even have been a free kick half the time
That was my first impression too. I thought to myself, "what's his game?", "why is he going so hard?".
It was like a vendetta for no reason. I think he has just a grandiose opinion of himself and sees his credibility and standing in the media slipping, so he has to grandstand himself and get himself back in the limelight. Cheapshot way to do it.

That was my first impression too. I thought to myself, "what's his game?", "why is he going so hard?".
It was like a vendetta for no reason. I think he has just a grandiose opinion of himself and sees his credibility and standing in the media slipping, so he has to grandstand himself and get himself back in the limelight. Cheapshot way to do it.

the kyle sandilands of football commentary

Tell them Warwick:

“I was like: ‘Is that me or is that Isaac?’ Just reminded me of myself, sticky fingers, one grab all the way down.”

Well no one can say Capper lacks confidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tell them Warwick:

Lol... I liked:

“I ring him sometimes and call him a poor man ‘s Warwick Capper - he hasn’t kicked 100 yet or been in the (Swans’) hall of fame,” the jovial Capper added.

Lol... he's a character, that's for sure

I think you're right, there was just something egotistical about the way he was talking, and trying to get the others to jump on board.

Last edited:
I think you're right, there was just simething egotistical about the way he was talking, and trying to get the others to jump on board.
Dermie had the head swaggers going, the two arms spread wide on the table, saying back in his day it would be four weeks. Kingy cut him off a bit. Said the elbow is dangerous etc(which is true)and then ended with saying it should be one week. Dermie then agreed it should be one week after his whole look at me I'm Buddy's friend but it should be 4 weeks.
I think he thinks he is becoming irrelevent in the media in his own mind and is clutching at straws or Buddy's or whatever to stay relevant. He thinks he is a has been and that is why he went on his little pantomine.

Dermie had the head swaggers going, the two arms spread wide on the table, saying back in his day it would be four weeks. Kingy cut him off a bit. Said the elbow is dangerous etc(which is true)and then ended with saying it should be one week. Dermie then agreed it should be one week after his whole look at me I'm Buddy's friend but it should be 4 weeks.
I think he thinks he is becoming irrelevent in the media in his own mind and is clutching at straws or Buddy's or whatever to stay relevant. He thinks he is a has been and that is why he went on his little pantomine.

He is a bloody has-been... only the older fans would have seen him play... It was certainly before my time... rather than making foolish outlandish statements, how about he work on his craft and make insightful and well-thought out comments and perhaps he'll maintain relevance

He is a bloody has-been... only the older fans would have seen him play... It was certainly before my time... rather than making foolish outlandish statements, how about he work on his craft and make insightful and well-thought out comments and perhaps he'll maintain relevance

that'd start a commentator revolution

Been quite surprised and a little pleased by some pretty insightful words from Riewoldt, Carey, Barrett, King and even Cornes. Perhaps they're not as bad as I thought, just not watching us.

It's not Dylan's The Hurricane, or even "Leave Britney Alone", but there are a few members of the media out there interested in a level playing field for AFL justice.

Personally think it deserves a week, but so do the others.
I think the vast majority of fans want genuine fairness and consistency in the fixture, umpiring, MRO and tribunal issues, the draft, etc etc. A fine, a week, whatever, just be consistent. None of this " there's too much of it so we need to suspend someone". That's just rubbish, whoever the scapegoat is. Would be the same rubbish if they'd suspended Shuey.

Derm has lost the plot saying it would be 3-4 weeks in the 80s.

Wouldn't even have been a free kick half the time
Derm was playing the man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back