News Swans Talk in the Media: 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement: Swans YouTube Channel
So thanks to the awesome Kennedy Parker you will notice a sticky post at the top of the pages now. This link will take you directly to the Swans YouTube channel which features interviews etc.

A sweet read as the Swans ride the waves of success

Further to be added as they are posted

Thanks for these. The best of course is the Mongrel Punt. This week's article provides great analysis and the writing is just a pleasure to read.

I think the vast majority of fans want genuine fairness and consistency in the fixture, umpiring, MRO and tribunal issues, the draft, etc etc. A fine, a week, whatever, just be consistent. None of this " there's too much of it so we need to suspend someone". That's just rubbish, whoever the scapegoat is. Would be the same rubbish if they'd suspended Shuey.

Absolutely but equally as importantly is the fact a commentator saying that potentially influences outcomes which needs to be free of bias

Last edited:

He is a bloody has-been... only the older fans would have seen him play... It was certainly before my time... rather than making foolish outlandish statements, how about he work on his craft and make insightful and well-thought out comments and perhaps he'll maintain relevance
He was a been though , absolute champion put his body on the line every week . He was out of line on this one though.

Just a lazybit - I don't mind Kane Cornes, he swims against the tide on the usual commentary, love it or hate it at least the opinions he has seem honest.

29JUL21: Swans Numbers/AFL Website
Contenders!

30JUL21: Clubs best kickers lazybits/ESPN
Every clubs best kickers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top 6 contenders assessed and what the Swans gaps are

As expected when our pressure drops or we dont bring it in the first quarter we struggle, not sure its a sustainable style for us but Richmond got it working for 4 years.

It says a lot about our trade for Buddy that their still talking about it almost eight years after

If you say Buddy puts an extra 5,000 bums on seats at home games and 2,000 at away games at $50 per bum that's at least $3.35 million every year for 8 years so far plus finals and looking good for the ninth. Of course COVID has cut a quarter of that out but Buddy's contract has paid for itself many times over.
Even if you allow only a third if that we're still in front.
Not to mention the intangibles he brings.
So well done Mr Ireland, if I remember rightly.

If you say Buddy puts an extra 5,000 bums on seats at home games and 2,000 at away games at $50 per bum that's at least $3.35 million every year for 8 years so far plus finals and looking good for the ninth. Of course COVID has cut a quarter of that out but Buddy's contract has paid for itself many times over.
No coincidence buddy's arrival coincides with the fact we cracked 40k, then 50k, then 60k members, he is si gle handedly the reason why

01AUG21: Bombers v Swans Match Reports/Multiple
Anywhere. Anytime. Another close classic with the Bombers.

To be updated as further reviews released

Last edited:

I'm hoping 2021 will finally be the year we win a premiership with Buddy. That would make the deal an 'official' success, even though it's an absolute success by every other conceivable metric already.

Would love to see him go around for another year as well, providing his body and form hold up of course, and hopefully he's feeling a little charitable and would be happy to continue on a significantly reduced contract, otherwise I don't think we'd be able to afford him without selling our future.

02AUG21: Jong Longmire interview/SEN
Horse coming up on SEN
Sydney Swans coach John Longmire (1:19:29)
PS. Sorry, I've not listened to it.
I'm exhausted with all the swimming, BMX, rowing, sailing, basketball, soccer, hockey, then last night running 800 m, 100m, triple jump, high jump ;)

Sydney Swans coach John Longmire (1:19:29)
PS. Sorry, I've not listened to it.
I'm exhausted with all the swimming, BMX, rowing, sailing, basketball, soccer, hockey, then last night running 800 m, 100m, triple jump, high jump ;)
Enjoyable listen, didn't really say much that we don't already know. He comes across as a really good bloke. Starts at 1.22.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back