Media Swans Talk in the Media 2022

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's not wrong. If we were a neutral fan to that game, we probably would've said the same thing.

Sam Newman is an irrelevant VFL dinosaur.

Any interstate team that plays against a Victorian in the grand final have the odds stacked against them. They have to be exceptional to win. Morons like him fail to recognize this. From 2012 (there have been 8 interstate teams play off against Vic teams in grand finals. Only two have won .-Sydney 2012, Westcoast 2018- both by under 10points.

All those that lost -
2013 Fremantle by 15 to the hawks
2014 westcoast by 46 to the hawks,
2016 Sydney to the dogs by 22,
2017 Adelaide to Richmond by 48
2019 GWS to Richmond by 89
2022 Sydney to the Cats …..

MCG will always provide a some sort of home ground advantage to Vic based teams. They train, sleep and play in their home state. The crowd is from their home state.

The reality was Geelong would have flogged any team that they faced that day interstate or from Victoria.

Jeepers

Newman said the Swans played 'the most ridiculous football' he'd ever seen in their 81-point AFL Grand Final capitulation to the Geelong Cats.

I used to really like Newman for a while but his continued association with Eddie McGuire and the VIC boys club kinda turned me against him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's because we were either (a) so stunned we couldn't move, or (b) had 20 beers in last quarter to cope and also then couldn't move.
Or C - Whilst devastated, stayed to congratulate a brilliant display of quality football, made easier by the fact that their supporters were respectful and fully understanding of what we were going through.

How about us trying to flood the fwd 50 stoppage area so we can have a loose to tackle/pressure hawkins. Atleast put pressure on him so he think he'll get tackled straight away.

Hawkins had done this all season to stronger rucks than hickey. ffs.

When I saw it happen I couldn't believe no other swans were ready to tackle him straight away. Dumb founded.

How about us trying to flood the fwd 50 stoppage area so we can have a loose to tackle/pressure hawkins. Atleast put pressure on him so he think he'll get tackled straight away.

Hawkins had done this all season to stronger rucks than hickey. ffs.

When I saw it happen I couldn't believe no other swans were ready to tackle him straight away. Dumb founded.
I called SEN before to talk to Josh Jenkins who's the Cats ruck and forward coach and said people are a bit harsh on Hickey , he agreed as it's easy to plan against , but you have to do it and other players need to help . He said Hawkins is the best 1 on 1 player in the AFL and the best on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back