Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

I prefer it that way.

I would rather the media acknowledge that Carlton are clearly the best team in the competition. Rather than everyone saying how unbeatable and far ahead the Swans are from everyone else.

i get your point, and largely agree ... but there's also the "credit where credit's due" element, and at this stage of the season, making carlton number one can only be about bias ... geez, 4-5 weeks we gave carlton a four-goal start and belted them

There's been this strange false narrative bubbling away that if Carlton had been full strength we wouldn't have beaten them, as if they didn't have Walsh, Cripps, TDK, Curnow, McKay and Weitering all playing at the SCG and we weren't missing McCartin and Mills and still beat them by 10 goals.

There's been this strange false narrative bubbling away that if Carlton had been full strength we wouldn't have beaten them, as if they didn't have Walsh, Cripps, TDK, Curnow, McKay and Weitering all playing at the SCG and we weren't missing McCartin and Mills and still beat them by 10 goals.
And for three quarters they were quite competitive. It's not like they weren't in the game and didn't have their chances (they led by 5 goals in the first.)

We just blew the game open in the third quarter, with most of the damage being done out of the centre, where they were at full strength.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I genuinely didn’t mind Gerard back in his ABC days but he’s completely lost the plot since jumping to SEN.

He’s about as astute as Kane Cornes with his takes these days, with less shock value.

He is of course allowed to have his opinion Im trying to find out in football terms what he meant by Natural.

He means that he's been consistently high on Carlton for a few years, so it's more natural for him to have them as the #1 seed. I'm pretty sure him putting Carlton #1 is more a bit than say if he had to stake his life on who wins the flag today that he'd pick Carlton.

I wouldn't read too much into it.

He means that he's been consistently high on Carlton for a few years, so it's more natural for him to have them as the #1 seed. I'm pretty sure him putting Carlton #1 is more a bit than say if he had to stake his life on who wins the flag today that he'd pick Carlton.

I wouldn't read too much into it.

Oh thats makes sense thanks Indie!

Yeah, they got unlucky with Weitering going off during the game and Saad was a noteable out but gee... 50 points worth of outs. They're having a laugh

Yeah, they got unlucky with Weitering going off during the game and Saad was a noteable out but gee... 50 points worth of outs. They're having a laugh

Weitering going out balanced up with us missing McCartin for the full game in one sense. So while I do (and have previously) acknowledged we were fortunate with that injury, and of course Cerra was out too, I just can't see how people think they're a 60-70 point better team with those small changes.

It's not like Curnow, Walsh, TDK and Weitering were all missing.

I genuinely didn’t mind Gerard back in his ABC days but he’s completely lost the plot since jumping to SEN.

He’s about as astute as Kane Cornes with his takes these days, with less shock value.

yeah, i thought he was one of the best sports commentators/analysts in the country at the abc ... those days are long gone
i largely dismissed all the comments over the past few years that he had a real thing against the swans, but i now accept that to be the case ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back