Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

We really shouldn’t get so riled up over a journo saying Carlton are godlike.
We didn't get riled up when bulldogs got all the media attention in 2016
which impacted the umpires decision-making in the the end. If swans fans don't do anything about it and don't call out their biased bullshit and nip it in the bud, we risk history repeating itself.

We didn't get riled up when bulldogs got all the media attention in 2016
which impacted the umpires decision-making in the the end. If swans fans don't do anything about it and don't call out their biased bullshit and nip it in the bud, we risk history repeating itself.

I think regardless we can expect a reaming :tearsofjoy:

Imo SEN lead presenters have been instructed to be more controversial to get more 'clicks/attention' because the same thing is happening with SEN NRL (Vossy & Brandy are having stupid/controversial opinions). Maybe they're underperforming as an organisation?

I'll consider anything re Whateley as click bait from now on.

Like have Sydney number 2 if you want , but cmon surely you need reasons.

Also how did we go from beyond being seeded, won twice , beat the team Carlton beat this week that then got them number 1.

Carlton got Geelong off a rest with players going off hurt.

Like have Sydney number 2 if you want , but cmon surely you need reasons.

Also how did we go from beyond being seeded, won twice , beat the team Carlton beat this week that then got them number 1.

Carlton got Geelong off a rest with players going off hurt.

Yer i thought Whately was going to provide something of substance rather than the vibe.

Think its the whole MCG thing and how we folded in 2022.

It's all just for shits and giggles!

Pretty much click bait, they know it would get a reaction for two of their more influential markets in Sydney & Melbourne.

It was like that Roar article dismissing the Swans & our fans getting upset about it when it was clearly done for 'clicks'. Just read the headline & ignore it...

The more you react, the more it'll grow...

Imo SEN lead presenters have been instructed to be more controversial to get more 'clicks/attention' because the same thing is happening with SEN NRL (Vossy & Brandy are having stupid/controversial opinions). Maybe they're underperforming as an organisation?

I'll consider anything re Whateley as click bait from now on.
Have you been told that from someone at SEN ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wow ... buckley on the couch thinks rowbottom should've been cited and his tackle was more dangerous than dangerfield's

I'm quite surprised he wasn't cited.

geez, hard to cite him over a tackle that was basically a grab of the bottom back of the jumper ... everything after that was accidental, the arms weren't pinned, there was no "second movement", as buckley seemed to be arguing ... just a bloke falling and momentum sending him sprawling, as happens 200 times a game

geez, hard to cite him over a tackle that was basically a grab of the bottom back of the jumper ... everything after that was accidental, the arms weren't pinned, there was no "second movement", as buckley seemed to be arguing ... just a bloke falling and momentum sending him sprawling, as happens 200 times a game
Yeah they aren't even remotely similar IMO. Dangerfield had basically full control of Walsh's body, Rowbottom had basically no control of his opponent's.

Buckley's bored. The bye rounds are killing these media pundits.

Yeah they aren't even remotely similar IMO. Dangerfield had basically full control of Walsh's body, Rowbottom had basically no control of his opponent's.

Buckley's bored. The bye rounds are killing these media pundits.

this was amid a carlton love fest too ... i knew they'd be fawned over but it's escalated remarkably since friday night

He drove him into the ground in a slinging motion.

If that’s the case then you would see half dozen players suspended each round. Maynard’s tackle the week before looked worse and he wasn’t cited.
We did see that last year. They've dialled it back for whatever reason. In the moment the commentators discussed it too so it's not just buckley or me.

are you talking about Buckley not being cited? Do you think he should be cited for the Swans v Pies preview he gave where at the end of the 10min preview, the viewers had to look up who the pies were playing? Or, are you talking about the fact that in his show 'The Buck Stops Here', it took him until this week before he mentioned the Swans despite being the clear best team, playing very entertaining footy - leading the scoring and the scoring against (thats 4 months of footy! and 13 wins)

If so, I agree.. and cite Whately too for having the Blues as his top seed because "It feels more natural to him"
hahaha - I could go on and on and on and ................

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back