Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Mod Notice:

Taps 🎙️ And that's enough. Stay on topic, cease and desist with the endless back and forth. I don't care who started it - you've all kept going when you've had ample opportunity to stop, and we've had enough of it.
homer simpson episode 3 GIF

The slow starts are a concern, but at least we have the ability to overcome them and fight games out well on most occasions. Most other teams haven’t been able to do this
Exactly Goaty! Every time I read that or hear that slow start shite I think the same thing.

The slow starts are a concern, but at least we have the ability to overcome them and fight games out well on most occasions. Most other teams haven’t been able to do this
I think we probably trained for it in the off-season. To pace ourselves and finish our games strongly. Focussed heavily on stamina and endurance. Since last year we closed out games so poorly it might have been the groups focus to just hang with the other team and when feel a surge coming they all collectively go for it. Our attacks have been like blitzkriegs at times when the other team seems to be fatiguing and it's delightful to watch.

Well goodness. No one has ever reported concerns over our slow starts before. If you're going to make a comment, at least try something original Ch7.
I love a lot of the female commentators like Saran and Kath , but this one is a token one like Underwood .
A new girl on FF is the girl that was FF for the Pies , she is a rising star .

That was a great podcast. Loved Hanners as a player and character.

Gave great insight into the bloods culture and how standards were maintained within the club. Also gave great insight into how players react to receiving that type of feedback.

Also some interesting insights towards the end of the interview where he was talking about the AFL being too intensive training wise and how it may be contributing to more injuries. Thought that was an interesting perspective given our recent injuries, the talk of perhaps the team going through an intensive training block recently. And also the fact that we had our bye after round 5 and therefore players haven't had an enforced rest since then.

Really enjoyed hearing his perspective on a few other players from the recent past.

That was a great podcast. Loved Hanners as a player and character.

Gave great insight into the bloods culture and how standards were maintained within the club. Also gave great insight into how players react to receiving that type of feedback.

Also some interesting insights towards the end of the interview where he was talking about the AFL being too intensive training wise and how it may be contributing to more injuries. Thought that was an interesting perspective given our recent injuries, the talk of perhaps the team going through an intensive training block recently. And also the fact that we had our bye after round 5 and therefore players haven't had an enforced rest since then.

Really enjoyed hearing his perspective on a few other players from the recent past.
He does Crunch Time on SEN now and is very good and has helped him straighten out his life

I really don't understand how anyone can make the accusation about Sydney being downhill skiers. We have the best record against the top 8 teams and apart from 2 games we have either won or been within a kick of winning all season.
The tag has previously been attached to teams like Port when they have had a great record against the bottom 10 teams and an average at best record against the top 8 teams.

I really don't understand how anyone can make the accusation about Sydney being downhill skiers. We have the best record against the top 8 teams and apart from 2 games we have either won or been within a kick of winning all season.
The tag has previously been attached to teams like Port when they have had a great record against the bottom 10 teams and an average at best record against the top 8 teams.
It is I think, purely a case of someone using a phrase without understanding the meaning of it.

He does Crunch Time on SEN now and is very good and has helped him straighten out his life
Yeah, seems like he has definitely straightened his life out. Feels like there is a lot more to his story that understandably went unspoken, but seems like he's had some dark times so it's great to hear he's on the straight and narrow and has given up the aspects of his life that weren't serving him. He looks incredibly fit as well, so whatever he's doing, it seems to be working for him.

To have done all that. And learned bout himself by the age of 33 is a testament to his maturity and resilience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder how many times we have features in The 10 this year? Once? Twice? Not many. Like all the AFL Media, they totally dismiss Swans in everything.

AAA has not reviewed Swans match when we have won for months. But when we lose, do they go to town. I wonder if this match will get a mention? It is against Lloydy's old team so probably not

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I can understand whinging if it was a miskick and got called deliberate. They get called incorrectly quite regularly, and the team has a reason to feel aggrieved.

But the fact that the rule was brought in to prevent the very behaviour that the pies got pinged for just shows that they were trying to find excuses for their loss - which is a loser's mentality @McRae.

They can't be annoyed at getting pinged, because they were 100% trying to get the ball over the boundary. So I guess they don't like the rule, or think they should not be held to the same standard that other teams are held to.

I just don't get it. How can you possibly argue those deliberate decisions when your players chose to knock it out deliberately instead of trying to defend.
It's a tactic they have been using for three seasons to win close games. The over the mark 50 we were lucky with but the player, McStay, played on. There is a huge difference in managing GHD ball out of bounds & the obvious deliberate from 3-5 metres in play. Managing the ball out usually happens within 1-2 metres or involves deliberate fumbles that seem to show a player is trying to keep the ball in but mismanagement allows the ball out. Sure, this is deliberate as hell but you would have to call every fumble that goes out as deliberate & at least half are not.

But this pushing the ball over the line from 3 metres involves no fumble, the eyes are fixed upon the boundary. It has so obviously deliberate, it is not just insufficient intent, that there is no way a free should not be paid.

It's a tactic they have been using for three seasons to win close games. The over the mark 50 we were lucky with but the player, McStay, played on. There is a huge difference in managing GHD ball out of bounds & the obvious deliberate from 3-5 metres in play. Managing the ball out usually happens within 1-2 metres or involves deliberate fumbles that seem to show a player is trying to keep the ball in but mismanagement allows the ball out. Sure, this is deliberate as hell but you would have to call every fumble that goes out as deliberate & at least half are not.

But this pushing the ball over the line from 3 metres involves no fumble, the eyes are fixed upon the boundary. It has so obviously deliberate, it is not just insufficient intent, that there is no way a free should not be paid.

Time for ‘last touch’ rule like SANFL?

Whately only wants to talk about Collingwood this am - couldn’t even bring himself to question our 1st half performance.

The guy is a campaigner.

Was hoping he stayed in Paris for another decade. I preferred Kath on 360. She doesn't nod as much when Robbo is going off on one of his drunken tangents.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back