Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

The Victorian media always have trouble finding anything positive to write about us. Pathetic journalism

How can starting slow possibly constitute downhill skiing? It literally means we have to battle back 'uphill' every single game. What a bizarre dot to join.

What does that term even mean?

It SHOULD mean a team does well when they're on top and can cruise and blow out margins, it SHOULDN'T mean a team struggling to start the game well and having to battle their way back into each game.

Yes clubs regularly toss out contracted players while under no pressure to do so. Why would Warner care overly if we gave him the extra 500k next year or the year after? You seem to be arguing with yourself here.

I find what tombomb says makes perfect sense. Only Swans can up Warner’s 2025 pay, so this can be used at a point of difference in extension negotiations.

Eagles for example, cant say will give you another 500k in 2025 if you sign with us from 2026 onwards.

I don’t think tombomb is arguing with himself at all - just patiently trying to explain his point until the penny drops

I find what tombomb says makes perfect sense. Only Swans can up Warner’s 2025 pay, so this can be used at a point of difference in extension negotiations.

Eagles for example, cant say will give you another 500k in 2025 if you sign with us from 2026 onwards.

I don’t think tombomb is arguing with himself at all - just patiently trying to explain his point until the penny drops
Thanks mate. I thought it was pretty simple logic. I am sure our list managers would understand it and that is what really matters.

Did tombomb say we can structure the deal however we want or did I imagine it?

I already said it's a completely different story if Parker had multiple years left.

There's also an underlying implication in you and he's comments that Warner wants out this year. What evidence do you have of this?

Thanks mate. I thought it was pretty simple logic. I am sure our list managers would understand it and that is what really matters.
Oh OK guess we'll see them trade out Adams to give a contracted player more money.

I'd hope they aren't that stupidly short termist.

Oh OK guess we'll see them trade out Adams to give a contracted player more money.

I'd hope they aren't that stupidly short termist.
The same principle applies with any player.

If a contracted player leaves and it creates salary cap space for next year, it can be useful in extending another contracted player.

That's a simply as I can explain it.

The same principle applies with any player.

If a contracted player leaves and it creates salary cap space for next year, it can be useful in extending another contracted player.

That's a simply as I can explain it.
We've been going for circles for days, you keep saying you'll leave it then you keep going. Perhaps just leave it? I've already acknowledged I understand the point you're making, it just doesn't apply in this specific situation. King got it.

The Victorian media always have trouble finding anything positive to write about us. Pathetic journalism

Downhill skiing would be more if we turned it only early and just cruised wouldn't it?

If anything we over complicate it and make it more difficult

Who writes Bigfooty Briefing? Is it AI or the work experience kid?

From today's report: "The match also saw controversy with Essendon’s Peter Wright involved in a bump that led to Sydney’s Harry Cunningham being subbed out with a concussion. Wright may face scrutiny from the AFL’s Match Review Officer, adding further woes to Essendon’s troubled season."
🤦‍♂️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did tombomb say we can structure the deal however we want or did I imagine it?

I already said it's a completely different story if Parker had multiple years left.

There's also an underlying implication in you and he's comments that Warner wants out this year. What evidence do you have of this?

The underlying implication in my post has nothing to do with Warner or any player

The underlying implication is that you aren’t sharp enough to grasp basic concepts spelt out in front of you. Your latest post supports this implication

The underlying implication in my post has nothing to do with Warner or any player

The underlying implication is that you aren’t sharp enough to grasp basic concepts spelt out in front of you. Your latest post supports this implication

No idea how he has drawn a conclusion that anything I said about salary cap space has something to do with Warner wanting out at the end of the year.

He said in his last post that he had acknowledged and understood the point (he hadn't done either), but at least we got there kind of.

Yeah piss off. I'm capable of having a discussion without insulting your intelligence you can to the same.

No idea how he has drawn a conclusion that anything I said about salary cap space has something to do with Warner wanting out at the end of the year.

He said in his last post that he had acknowledged and understood the point (he hadn't done either), but at least we got there kind of.
Still going.

Mod Notice:

Taps 🎙️ And that's enough. Stay on topic, cease and desist with the endless back and forth. I don't care who started it - you've all kept going when you've had ample opportunity to stop, and we've had enough of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back