Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no idea what Warner wants to do.

But I know that being able to give him a big pay increase next year, and not having to wait until 2026 could be very handy for us. You don't have to wait until a player is out of contract to renegotiate. It happens all the time.

He could be genuinely torn about what he wants to do, but the opportunity to get a massive increase immediately in 2025 might be the difference in getting him to extend with us.

He is getting well-paid from 2026 regardless. It's what happens in 2025 that can change.

Absolutely, and we could renegotiate right now with him and structure the deal with the huge payments in the latter years of the deal, which you yourself said at the start of this exchange. I don't know how we keep going around in circles, particularly as you claimed to drop it before taking a pot shot at me in an exchange with another poster.

I'll put it simply for you. If Warner is not agitating for a move, then Parker being on or not on the list next year has zero bearing, and even if Warner is angling for more money, Parker being out of contract at the end of next year still has no bearing as we can still structure a deal for Warner giving him more money but spread over the life of the new deal offered to mitigate against other players lumpy contracts (I have no doubt for instance that Gulden's deal will ramp up over its life for instance). I have no doubt the reason Warner hasn't yet signed is not money related (in the sense we are more than happy to up our offer for him in line with his expectations) but rather to see how this year pans out on field and we'll see a resolution reached early next year, whether Parker is on the list or not.

Absolutely, and we could renegotiate right now with him and structure the deal with the huge payments in the latter years of the deal, which you yourself said at the start of this exchange. I don't know how we keep going around in circles, particularly as you claimed to drop it before taking a pot shot at me in an exchange with another poster.

I'll put it simply for you. If Warner is not agitating for a move, then Parker being on or not on the list next year has zero bearing, and even if Warner is angling for more money, Parker being out of contract at the end of next year still has no bearing as we can still structure a deal for Warner giving him more money but spread over the life of the new deal offered to mitigate against other players lumpy contracts (I have no doubt for instance that Gulden's deal will ramp up over its life for instance). I have no doubt the reason Warner hasn't yet signed is not money related (in the sense we are more than happy to up our offer for him in line with his expectations) but rather to see how this year pans out on field and we'll see a resolution reached early next year, whether Parker is on the list or not.
I dunno man. I don't understand why you don't get that us having an extra 800k in our salary cap next year, might help us re-sign a player whether it is Warner or anyone else.

Anyways, the game is about to start.

Last edited:
I dunno man. I don't understand why you don't get that us having an extra 800k in our salary cap next year, might help us re-sign a player whether it is Warner or anyone else.

Anyways, the game is about to start.

Because he's not out of contract next year FFS. Look I would absolutely get your point if Parker had 3-4 years left on his deal and was on massive coin and was offering nothing and we needed to free up some cap space, but he comes out of contract at the same time as Warner making the whole discussion redundant. I don't know how many times I can repeat your very own words back to you: "We can structure Warner's deal however we want".

Enjoy the game.

16AUG24: Essendon vs Sydney Swans Match Reports New
From 15mins of good footy to 1 half of decent footy...steady now we're on a roll!!

A nice little montage of Heeney's game in the articles video clip

Paywalled:

Last edited:
From 15mins of good footy to 1 half of decent footy...steady now we're on a roll!!

C'mon media, repeat after me 'Swans have top spot sewn up' ... not 'all but sewn up' Haha

So either Port , Geelong or GWS will need to win by 100+ 2 weeks in a row and we'll have to lose by a margin against Crows at SCG.
Call it early ya gutless wonders. ;)

Paywalled:
Thank god , some media stuff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

17AUG24: Swans Daily Media New
SEN the Day's Play & Rampe Interview

Post Match Coach Interviews

Last edited:
Well goodness. No one has ever reported concerns over our slow starts before. If you're going to make a comment, at least try something original Ch7.
Thought that was going to be directed at me until the last bit 🤣

The Victorian media always have trouble finding anything positive to write about us. Pathetic journalism

Yeah this shit is getting tiresome. Yes, as Swans fans we realise we're not some untouchable, dominant force but guess what... Neither is anyone else.

We left the door ajar plenty of times this season and no one was good enough to unseat us.

Like it or not, we are the best team this season and we have 2 home finals coming up. If there's a better team then send them up to Sydney and lets see what happens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back