Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

I think there must have been some mis-representation by our ‘friend’ Tom Morris on this scheduling issue - he clearly stated the Swans were unhappy about the Sat arvo gig.

Unless comment was made before they decided to put it to bed?

Tend to agree with you close to zero but Dempsey is longer odds then Roberts looking at the odds I saw.

That surprises me, I thought he was the clear favourite.

I just had a look and he's $1.10, where/when did you look?

Why did any of us think things would improve under this regime?
This bloke and his brainless, spineless offsider are turning the game into a joke.

I didn't.

A mid on one wing, two in the forward line and 4 on the bench. Riiiight.
Blakey sub. No, in the team as the seventh defender (or on the bench, don't care which).
D'Ambrosio or Jaicos on the other wing instead of Merrett.
Miers instead of Heeney on one flank (leave Warner on the other - good call). Heeney following with Bont.
Cameron to CHF, drop Curnow, Jackson in as third tall and cut out ruck.
Need to drop 3 more - Treloar, Neale, Daniels.
Bench is say Whitfield, Merrett, Serong, Daicos
Now it's almost balanced.

Ben Dixon on First Crack says the speeding up of stoppages after R12 was the most impactful rule change ever.

(You have to scroll halfway down)

According to his stats the time from whistle to ball-up was halved from 12 to 6-7 seconds.-

The worst performers after R12 were Bombers and us. Swans went from 1st in R1-12 to 10th in R13-24. In Dicko's telling, this is because Swans like to structure up around a stoppage.

He concluded that the biggest winners from the new rule were the Hawks who went from 12th to 1st (chortles from co-hosts King and Montagna).

Stats nerds will point out that if you're going to make a point about the impact of the stoppage rule you should measure the stoppage stats, not the win-loss stats.

I would say, yes, stats nerds, that's a great point because W-L involves all sorts of factors, not just one that happens to favour Dicko's old team.

But still kind of interesting anyway.

Ben Dixon on First Crack says the speeding up of stoppages after R12 was the most impactful rule change ever.

(You have to scroll halfway down)

According to his stats the time from whistle to ball-up was halved from 12 to 6-7 seconds.-

The worst performers after R12 were Bombers and us. Swans went from 1st in R1-12 to 10th in R13-24. In Dicko's telling, this is because Swans like to structure up around a stoppage.

He concluded that the biggest winners from the new rule were the Hawks who went from 12th to 1st (chortles from co-hosts King and Montagna).

Stats nerds will point out that if you're going to make a point about the impact of the stoppage rule you should measure the stoppage stats, not the win-loss stats.

I would say, yes, stats nerds, that's a great point because W-L involves all sorts of factors, not just one that happens to favour Dicko's old team.

But still kind of interesting anyway.
While it’s not impossible that he’s on to something, I think this is more likely to be a good illustration of “correlation does not equal causation”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know, I wonder if the Swans contract with the SCG enforces a must play there clause to forestall any moves by the AFL like the one below:think:

IIRC the AFL gave up on the Stadium Aus experiment after an incident with exposed bolts in the ground.

Bets AFL Ben Darvill is the editor.Favourite is Wardlaw $3.20.I agree with you about Dempsey.

If you can get those sorts of odds for him I'd lump on, I think he wins easily. Dempsey that is.

Well if anyone would know about cash it’s Andrew Pridham:

Sydney Swans and GWS Giants fans were left frustrated trying to secure tickets on Tuesday for next Saturday’s qualifying final at the SCG due to technical glitches.

Giants fans posted on social media about getting timed out of the site while waiting to buy tickets for the now sold-out match, and Swans fans faced challenges with their member barcodes not being recognised by Ticketek during the pre-sale for members.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back