Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

he was good, but i think enhanced by calling with jason bennett, who, as others have posted, is clearly one of the best commentators (with brenton speed) in the sport
Oh yeah I definitely wasn't specifically praising Darcy for it. More so pointing out that the overall commentary was great, even with him involved.

I know. I know you were all missing your BT call and I felt your pain so here you go - you can thank me later

I know. I know you were all missing your BT call and I felt your pain so here you go - you can thank me later

I feel completely vindicated in my assumption that he would have ruined it.

There will be more media coverage of Geelong’s VFL team today than our final lol
the big bang theory sheldon GIF

Amongst the other guff about a pub baron family you'll find mention of their latest pub acquisition the Light Brigade Hotel which they bought in part because of its status as a Go To pub for Swan fans.

“It certainly was in our minds, but it was (still) a pleasant surprise how huge this is as an AFL pub and, you never know with dad, he loves sponsoring and he might end up with some sort of deal with the Swans.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope people realise this was called from Melbourne - the binoculars are for staging.

Gerard Healey on AFL Nation called them out yesterday, saying that at least AFL Nation was at the ground.

If you look at where BT and the other guy are looking, their eyeline is far too narrow and fixed to be watching a fast moving distance covering target.

Moreover…they’re not even using their field glasses….because they’re watching a monitor.

Last edited:
I hope people realise this was called from Melbourne - the binoculars are for staging.

Gerard Healey on AFL Nation called them out yesterday, saying that at least One Nation was at the ground.

If you look at where BT and the other guy are looking, their eyeline is far too narrow and fixed to be watching a fast moving distance covering target.

Moreover…they’re not even using their field glasses….because they’re watching a monitor.

So MMM made up a fake little box and it looks the same as the SEN walls etc?

Gerard Healey on AFL Nation called them out yesterday, saying that at least One Nation was at the ground.

I thought he was throwing shade at 3AW? The Tripple M crew are at the SCG.

Kind of nice to see Healy excited when we hit the lead, he does a good job of hiding his love for the club as a caller.

Was one of my first favourite players

Stills can be misleading, but that sequence of pictures from the Heeney Mark suggests Buckley might have quickly cottoned on to how vulnerable Heeney was, and that his actions in guiding him down to earth might have been totally deliberate rather than just reflexive.
He let go of his leg which was also important. He also put his hands gently on Heeney as he lay there. I say give him the credit.

I can't say as I agree with you there ML, I'm about 99% certain they were physically there. BT even makes comment about the stand shaking, which it actually would have been with the stamping and jumping up and down etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back