Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if Titus’s Finals week 1 has been posted yet?
Just goes to show how good that game was even for neutral footy fans..one of the best games he’s seen:

Have been looking through last 10 or so pages and havent seen anyone post the abc afl daily podcast which has Roosy everyday and quite often they talk about the swans. Good 20min listen each day.

12:18: "They feel aggrieved swans supporters more often than not."

I can't help but think King means this particular board, since he's mentioned bigfooty in the past.
I'm absolutely sure you are right... because this board is ALWAYS aggrieved over something, often nothing, but give us a minute or two and we'll turn it into something!!! :grinv1: :roflv1: :tongueoutv1:

I have serious concerns amount the level of media bias already being served up supporting the Hawthorn swill.

If they make the GF, every commentator in Vic will be yarping about how great it will be to see them win.

These flogs like the Nerdling, Slobbo , The Germ and Gally Lyon feel compelled to back the Victorian sides…even when it’s the Filth or Essendone.

I fear it’ll be 2016 again unless we hire some bikies to sit outside the Umps houses on GF morning.

I have serious concerns amount the level of media bias already being served up supporting the Hawthorn swill.

If they make the GF, every commentator in Vic will be yarping about how great it will be to see them win.

These flogs like the Nerdling, Slobbo , The Germ and Gally Lyon feel compelled to back the Victorian sides…even when it’s the Filth or Essendone.

I fear it’ll be 2016 again unless we hire some bikies to sit outside the Umps houses on GF morning.
Hawks aren't beating Port

I'm absolutely sure you are right... because this board is ALWAYS aggrieved over something, often nothing, but give us a minute or two and we'll turn it into something!!! :grinv1: :roflv1: :tongueoutv1:

Really makes me laugh every time I hear people think that non-Swans affiliated media commentators care at all about this forum and would have time to scour through the hundreds of posts a day here looking for content.
More likely his comments are based on calls and emails from Swans fans to SEN etc

Every club board on big footy is full of aggrieved supporters. Prob less here at the Swans boards than any of them, due to our repeated September appearances.

Quite possibly we hate Vic media and the V(AFL) conglomerate more than any other interstate team though.

Assistant Giants coach Montgomery on 873 tonight said:
  • Giants best game of the year
  • they were shattered Mon/tues but have regrouped quickly
  • felt unlucky as lots of low percentage swans plays paid off

Clearly put a lot into this game.

Interested to see how they respond.

I like fast players.

I like fast players.
It's interesting that they thought it was the best they'd played all year. Yet they still lost to us despite
  • us gifting them a couple of goals through dumb defensive plays
  • them getting a couple of goals through questionable (and inconsistently applied) umpiring decisions
  • their defence actually playing pretty well in that final quarter onslaught (by us). I think I read that Sam Taylor had six or so intercepts in the final quarter alone. So while we were happy with the comeback, for all the backhalf rebound and ground ball dominance (or improvement over the first three quarters) we probably should have closed the gap more quickly with slightly better ball use.

In other words, I reckon most of us (and I suspect the players/coaches) think we were far from our best (some of which was due to the Giants' play) while the Giants reckon they played at their best. So if we meet again in a couple of weeks...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like fast players.

Others low percentage is high percentage for us. Diddums

I like fast players.
His low percentage plays probably referred to how we were outnumbered in our forward line but still managed to kick the goals in the last quarter. Heeney, Campbell and Armartey goals were the result of winning contests against 2 or 3 Giants. We can't rely on this as we go deeper into the finals especially when we give up big leads. We need to be in front at three quarter time as the best case scenario or within a goal or two so the opposition don't shut up shop by dropping players behind the ball like GWS did.

Quite possibly we hate Vic media and the V(AFL) conglomerate more than any other interstate team though.
I dunno, to me it seems like whenever the topic is raised in the main board, the Eagles supporters are pretty quick to jump in. So I would say we might be second in that regard. I wonder if it reflects the levels of success our respective clubs have enjoyed, and how you start to notice the lack of respect more in those instances.

I remember feeling particularly aggrieved in 2012, after Hawthorn lost the grand final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back