Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Crowd Figures Swans & Giants - thanks to the The_Wookie link to original post below:

1725966233144.png

1725966138172.png

12:18: "They feel aggrieved swans supporters more often than not."

I can't help but think King means this particular board, since he's mentioned bigfooty in the past.
If it was Collingwood or Carlton that copped the 2016 GF umpiring, the MCG would no longer be standing.

Sorry - but I AM aggrieved.

At least until we win another flag.

Hawks have been great to watch this year, play a really attractive brand, I don't think it's unreasonable to praise them for it. They've also come from a 0-5 start to the season where everyone expected them to be bottom 4. Pretty nuts.

I have serious concerns amount the level of media bias already being served up supporting the Hawthorn swill.

If they make the GF, every commentator in Vic will be yarping about how great it will be to see them win.

These flogs like the Nerdling, Slobbo , The Germ and Gally Lyon feel compelled to back the Victorian sides…even when it’s the Filth or Essendone.

I fear it’ll be 2016 again unless we hire some bikies to sit outside the Umps houses on GF morning.
Luckily it'll only be the preliminary final we'll get screwed in. And I'm supremely confident we'll beat the hawks. They're a massively overrated team.

Luckily it'll only be the preliminary final we'll get screwed in. And I'm supremely confident we'll beat the hawks. They're a massively overrated team.
Yeah I think people are getting a bit carried away with Hawthorn. They have a list that still seems way too young and inexperienced to win a flag. They were also 4 and 5 against top 8 teams coming into the finals. They're in great form but I can't see them getting consecutive wins over 3 of the best 5 sides in the competition.

I'm tipping Port to put them away this weekend.

I have serious concerns amount the level of media bias already being served up supporting the Hawthorn swill.

If they make the GF, every commentator in Vic will be yarping about how great it will be to see them win.

These flogs like the Nerdling, Slobbo , The Germ and Gally Lyon feel compelled to back the Victorian sides…even when it’s the Filth or Essendone.

I fear it’ll be 2016 again unless we hire some bikies to sit outside the Umps houses on GF morning.
Apologies, I should have twigged we’ll meet them in a prelim - however my fear that the Umps will follow the VicTrain is still very real.

Yeah I think people are getting a bit carried away with Hawthorn. They have a list that still seems way too young and inexperienced to win a flag. They were also 4 and 5 against top 8 teams coming into the finals. They're in great form but I can't see them getting consecutive wins over 3 of the best 5 sides in the competition.

No MCG crowd or Vic centric media to carry them over the line like 2016* either. Need to do it at the SCG. I just can't see it happening. Our best is superior.

I hope Port belt the crap out of them and then turn up against us like they did versus the Dees the week after the 112pt win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NO. ABSOLUTELY NO. No ***ing 'Battle of the B#$&'. I hate it every single time they say that and I am campaigning for it to stop. What bridge and why? Supposedly the ANZAC bridge but I don't have a clue why. The suggestion is that all the Swans fans are on one side and GWS fans on the other which insults all the Swans fans that live everywhere but the eastern suburbs (to say nothing of the GWS players who mostly do live in the east). I have raised this with some of the players, including Mills this pre-season, and Mills was very receptive and said something vague like "yeah absolutely!"

I'm comfortable with Sydney Derby and I'm open to other ideas.
The bloody bridge doesn’t even go to Western Sydney - it goes to the Hills District, which is prime Sydney Swans territory!

You have sparked me to think about an alternative. Sydney’s song speaks to shaking down the thunder and its mascot is an air based animal. GWS’s song speaks to shaking and quacking (almost earth quake) and its mascot is land based.

Maybe a bit lame, but best I can come up with is The Thunder-Quake. Where the elements clash and the noise is deafening.

Last 10 years in straight sets:
2023 - melb and port
2022 - melb
2021 - bris
2020 - nil
2019 - bris
2018 - hawks
2017 - nil
2016 - hawks
2015 - swans
2014 - freo and geelong

Years where an elimination final winner got to the GF:
2016 (dogs), 2019 (gws), 2021 (dogs)

Won the GF:
2016 - dogs

Years that the team that won their QF won the GF:
14. 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 23

9 out of 10 GF winners came our of top 4
7 out of 10 GF QF winners won the GF

Anything can happen, but a hell of a lot has to go right if you are out of the top 4
If you assume the qualifying final losers have a two thirds chance of winning their back-up game, there is a more than 50% chance (5/9) that at least one top 4 team goes out in straight sets each year (though only a 1/9 chance that two teams do).

Taking the last 10 years’s actual results, the qualifying final losers have actually been running at close to 50%, which is a little surprising as they should be better (on average) and still have the home ground advantage. I think this shows that momentum can be a wonderful thing.

NO. ABSOLUTELY NO. No ***ing 'Battle of the B#$&'. I hate it every single time they say that and I am campaigning for it to stop. What bridge and why? Supposedly the ANZAC bridge but I don't have a clue why. The suggestion is that all the Swans fans are on one side and GWS fans on the other which insults all the Swans fans that live everywhere but the eastern suburbs (to say nothing of the GWS players who mostly do live in the east). I have raised this with some of the players, including Mills this pre-season, and Mills was very receptive and said something vague like "yeah absolutely!"

I'm comfortable with Sydney Derby and I'm open to other ideas.

Why does it need a name anyway , can it not just be Sydney v GWS.

The bloody bridge doesn’t even go to Western Sydney - it goes to the Hills District, which is prime Sydney Swans territory!

You have sparked me to think about an alternative. Sydney’s song speaks to shaking down the thunder and its mascot is an air based animal. GWS’s song speaks to shaking and quacking (almost earth quake) and its mascot is land based.

Maybe a bit lame, but best I can come up with is The Thunder-Quake. Where the elements clash and the noise is deafening.
I'd be ok with the Sydney Thunderdome as a bit of a Mad Max reference

With the full benefit of hindsight knowing how things played out.

I wish we gave ROK a farewell game at ANZ in the final round dead rubber of 2014 against Richmond even though he was cooked.

The Sydney Rumble perhaps?

If we're talking about the ANZAC Bridge, it doesn't go to the Hills District. It goes to the Rozelle Interchange, from where you can pick your route to pretty much every suburb to the west/north west of the CBD.

If we're talking about the ANZAC Bridge, it doesn't go to the Hills District. It goes to the Rozelle Interchange, from where you can pick your route to pretty much every suburb to the west/north west of the CBD.
Not sure than are many places in Western Sydney, if any, where the fastest route to get there from CBD is via ANZAC Bridge.

Not sure than are many places in Western Sydney, if any, where the fastest route to get there from CBD is via ANZAC Bridge.
What do you define as Western Sydney? Eastern Suburbs dudes often say anything west of the CBD is Western Sydney.

But if it’s the fastest way to get from the CBD to the Hills District I dare say it’s also the fastest way to get to Parramatta, Blacktown, Penrith et al.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back