Coaching Staff Sydney Swans Assist Coaching & Recruiting Staff: The Brains Trust

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Sydney Swan Coaching Staff:

Head Coach: John Longmire Thread for Head Coach can be found here
Executive General Manager Football: Leon Cameron
Dean Cox
Jarrad McVeigh
Mark McVeigh
Ben Matthews

Swans Academy:
Colin O'Riordan (Male Academy)

Last edited:

Now just who da heck do the Swans think they are fooling with this "no-succession plan" talk.

There is no way Dean Cox repeatedly turns down interest from the club he played for in the state he and his family are from unless it's because he knows there's something better for him at Sydney.

And you know what? Good on all involved. The club doesn't owe anyone an explanation on anything at this early stage, and doing so publicly would only amplify attention and scrutiny on Horse in a time when he's coaching as well as he ever has.

All of this being said, I am simply terrified of a Swans post-Horse but can only trust his judgment with Cox.

Now just who da heck do the Swans think they are fooling with this "no-succession plan" talk.

There is no way Dean Cox repeatedly turns down interest from the club he played for in the state he and his family are from unless it's because he knows there's something better for him at Sydney.

And you know what? Good on all involved. The club doesn't owe anyone an explanation on anything at this early stage, and doing so publicly would only amplify attention and scrutiny on Horse in a time when he's coaching as well as he ever has.

All of this being said, I am simply terrified of a Swans post-Horse but can only trust his judgment with Cox.
My sources say he's outstanding and Horse will pull the pin himself , at a guess he'll go to 26 and that's it . Kids have grown up , massive home built on the Mighty Murray with a houseboat and you never know , might go back at coach Corowa

Whoever our next coach will be surely knows they wont be there when we finally have a list capable of pushing for finals.

A young up and comer like Cox (and others) wont be throwing their coaching careers away like that. I dont blame him at all.

We'll persist with our stand in (Jarrad Schofield) for three or so years and then look seriously for someone else imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cox is happy with what he is doing in Sydney. There's no rush for him to get a senior job. His reputation is being enhanced by all the positive reports about him in the media. Longmire would be mad not to go another three years if he has the energy given the age profile of the group, especially if we keep Chad Warner. There are other clubs that would be interested in Cox down the track. Could play out any number of ways, including Longmire doing a 'Gregg Popovich'

Poor old Don Pyke, would have been visualising it as perfect fit to lift the Weagles out of the doldrums. Probably a couple in the Swan's box had their fingers crossed too.

No doubt Cox would have seen a lot of positives in the opportunity and, that he remained steadfast, and committed to his family's interests, only makes me more comfortable for our prospects post Longmire.

Poor old Don Pyke, would have been visualising it as perfect fit to lift the Weagles out of the doldrums. Probably a couple in the Swan's box had their fingers crossed too.

No doubt Cox would have seen a lot of positives in the opportunity and, that he remained steadfast, and committed to his family's interests, only makes me more comfortable for our prospects post Longmire.
Easy to forget that though Sydney is more expensive Perth has that small town vibe. Looking forward to Cox as another long term Sydney coach supported by a sound admin structure and board.

Add Leon Cameron to the list of Coaching Staff to say no to West Coast Eagles. Genuinely think they are stuffed until they pull like a 7-8 win season out of the bag to attract coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

Coaching Staff Sydney Swans Assist Coaching & Recruiting Staff: The Brains Trust

Remove this Banner Ad

Back