FFT.PAPLEY*L.FRANKLIN*I.HEENEY*
RRS.MUMFORDB.KIRK (c)L.PARKER*
INTP.WILLIAMSJ.BOLTONC.MILLS* - W.SCHWASS
COACH:PAUL ROOS

Minimum 50 games qualification.

thoughts?

Last edited:

Wow lloyd must be the whipping boy around here :p

All australian and best and fairest winner + runner up would be a walk up at most clubs

Wow lloys must be the whipping boy around here :p

All australian and best and fairest winner + runner up would be a walk up at most clubs

Lloyd gets a lot of stats, but at the end of the game you see he has 30+ disposals and you can't remember a single one of them. He doesn't have much impact with his disposals.

Wow lloys must be the whipping boy around here :p

Unfairly so IMO.

In other clubs maybe he would be a walk-up but we have had consistently the best defences in the competition going back to the start of this century. It's always been the strength of our sides. He is up against seriously stiff competition in that regard.

Wow lloyd must be the whipping boy around here :p

Lloyd's a good player, works his butt off. Malceski has him covered comfortably imo, he's pretty underrated outside the Swans.

Lloyd, bloody hell

People pumping up Jollys worth, fmd. Wow. Promise to ignore this thread.

Would have Jetta in a heart beat over Lloyd anyday. Oops, said I wouldn't comment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jolly is not a super strong ruckman, but he was one of the top 5 ruckmen in the competition when he was at his peak.

I forgot about Jetta too. On 2012 form he is in, but I wonder if you need a larger body of work to make this team.
As against Lloyd. Ball, Pyke, Tippett, Mumford all should be in front of Jolly at the Swans, Jolly cost us the 06 gf, Mumford a busted arse in 05. Jason Ball by a mile.

Regardless of your opinions of what Lloyd currently offers to the team, guys like Kennelly, Shaw, Malceski and Mattner were just better players anyway. All 4 should be well ahead of him for this exercise.

The first two were critical with their speed and line breaking, Malceski's kicking was some of the best we have ever seen (imo) and Mattner is way better defensively than any of them but still able to be an offensive weapon when we needed it.

Lloyd just doesn't hold up to them.

Mummy vs Jolly? I lean towards Mummy.

Would also add Smooch and Richards ahead of Schwass and Mathews.

B: Leo Barry - Heath Grundy - Dane Rampe
HB: Tadgh Kennelly - Craig Bolton - Nick Malceski
C: Dan Hannebery - Josh Kennedy - Jarrad McVeigh
HF: Ryan O'Keefe - Lance Franklin - Luke Parker
F: Nick Davis - Barry Hall - Michael O'Loughlin
R: Adam Goodes - Brett Kirk - Jude Bolton
INT: Paul Williams - Kieren Jack - Ted Richards - Nick Smith

Richards and Smith more deserving than the next best mids, so I'm picking them on the bench. Our defence is the hardest imo.

I'm probably forgetting someone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney Team of the 21st Century

Remove this Banner Ad

Back