Talia.... Why isn't he getting the love he deserves?

Remove this Banner Ad

Vader how is it that when Talia holds his opponent down its his effort, but when Smith does its because of his team mates? That's the hypocrisy of your argument.

Has been fantastic all year after a few struggles in the pre season, we've been outwards in singing his praises at the games. Trying to encourage the old bastards around us to process what's happening a little more practically.

Vader how is it that when Talia holds his opponent down its his effort, but when Smith does its because of his team mates? That's the hypocrisy of your argument.
Let's see.. one is regularly seen beating his opponent one-out in a contested situation. The other is rarely seen in the same frame as his opponent, who mysteriously manages to have next to no input in the game.

One is playing in the magoos, because his recent performances have not been up to scratch, the other is holding down a key post in the senior team.

You do the math...

Let's see.. one is regularly seen beating his opponent one-out in a contested situation. The other is rarely seen in the same frame as his opponent, who mysteriously manages to have next to no input in the game.

One is playing in the magoos, because his recent performances have not been up to scratch, the other is holding down a key post in the senior team.

You do the math...

Who said he's seen regularly in the same frame as his opponent but not beating his opponent? Making shit up again?

Lets have a look at your history on this subject:

Vote Smith in the best players 2 weeks ago
Claim Smith has been out of form
Then when it's pointed out you had Smith in the best players you claim it was a mistake and there is no way in hell Smith could have been in the best players
When it's highlighted that Smith has also held other players to no goals, it wasn't him it was firstly Doughty and then it must have been the rest of his team mates.
Claim posters reckon he is the second coming, when asked for proof cant supply any.

Now seriously, read that again and tell me your position doesn't come across as biased and lacking in any semblance of credibility. You should be embarrassed. Unless you are trolling of course and you've succeeded in what you were aiming to do.

You do the math...

It's maths! :mad:

We are not bloody Americans yet! :thumbsdown:

Who said he's seen regularly in the same frame as his opponent but not beating his opponent? Making shit up again?

Lets have a look at your history on this subject:

Vote Smith in the best players 2 weeks ago
Claim Smith has been out of form
Then when it's pointed out you had Smith in the best players you claim it was a mistake and there is no way in hell Smith could have been in the best players
When it's highlighted that Smith has also held other players to no goals, it wasn't him it was firstly Doughty and then it must have been the rest of his team mates.
Claim posters reckon he is the second coming, when asked for proof cant supply any.

Now seriously, read that again and tell me your position doesn't come across as biased and lacking in any semblance of credibility. You should be embarrassed. Unless you are trolling of course and you've succeeded in what you were aiming to do.
I gave him 2 votes, on the basis that his highly rated opponent had no impact on the game, combined with the assumption that Smith was largely responsible for that state of affairs (and a lack of other viable vote winning alternatives given a poor team performance overall). Given his general lack of impact on any game in the last month, I have subsequently revised that assumption, replacing it with one where Smith is/was largely being carried by the rest of the defensive team. This position makes a whole lot more sense, given the evidence in front of us - and is supported by the selectors' decision to drop him like a hot potato this week.

So, by going back and reviewing my previously mistaken assumption I am now trolling? Get over yourself.

I gave him 2 votes, on the basis that his highly rated opponent had no impact on the game, combined with the assumption that Smith was largely responsible for that state of affairs (and a lack of other viable vote winning alternatives given a poor team performance overall). Given his general lack of impact on any game in the last month, I have subsequently revised that assumption, replacing it with one where Smith is/was largely being carried by the rest of the defensive team. This position makes a whole lot more sense, given the evidence in front of us - and is supported by the selectors' decision to drop him like a hot potato this week.

So, by going back and reviewing my previously mistaken assumption I am now trolling? Get over yourself.

Wow. I have nothing else to say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last year I was at a game sitting in the MCC and some old codger and I started chatting about our younger players. He brought up Talia and said he had seen him play since he was a kid and reckoned he was one of the most natural defenders he had ever seen. I had to admit to him that I knew very little about him.

Watching last night I remembered that conversation and can now see it. As an actual defender he is better than Davis and Trengove. But now needs to work more on his offensive play to be thier equal. And he is improving in this regard.

If Crouch is half the player we hope he is, and I hope he is better than Danger and Sloane, we are in front with the Phil Davis deal.

What we are getting out of Talia defensively is remarkable. No matter who we come up against each week, I am not worried about stopping their key forwards because Rutten and Talia will do the job.

His spoiling is exceptional and he has courage to match. He rarely gets beaten in one on ones and despite his lack of pace (ala Truck) he rarely gets his pants pulled down on the lead simply because he plays the angles really well. He has footy IQ which enables him to make up for any attributes that he might lack in.

One thing I would like to see him do more of is attacking. If he was getting paid on "per possession basis" he would be living in poverty :p

I am sure this will come with time as the coaches will start working with him on being more damaging offensively from the back line. He is a ripper and thank god we stocked up on talls when every one was crying out for midfielders. Now we are strong across the board and we got Rendell to thank for that.

Big fan of DT. The bloke who sits behind me is forever getting stuck into him, but last night he admitted he'd seen the error of his ways. The kid will be a star.

I remember the 2009 draft, everybody wanted a mid, then Rendell picked up Talia. Some were sceptical. Next 2 years we lost Bock and Davi$. I'm very happy with Rendell's pick now.

Big fan of DT. The bloke who sits behind me is forever getting stuck into him, but last night he admitted he'd seen the error of his ways. The kid will be a star.

I remember the 2009 draft, everybody wanted a mid, then Rendell picked up Talia. Some were sceptical. Next 2 years we lost Bock and Davi$. I'm very happy with Rendell's pick now.

Having said that, the guy I wanted Jetta is also a star now.

DanielTalia.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Talia.... Why isn't he getting the love he deserves?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back