News Team V Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

boak out..

with illness.. sucks ass and ruins my dream team!!

and primum wants extra intensity lets hope to buddha he gets it!!!

:heart::footy:

I thought they won their first game under Craig - 12 goals over Melbourne?

The Brisbane thrashing was later.

Why we'd take a functioning forward in Nick Salter given our key forward needs and play him in defence is akin to forcing Einstein to give up theoretical physics and practice molecular chemistry.

Can't say I have noticed his actual defensive efforts TBH (too busy counting the number of times the ball has been pumped into our D50 and watching the half arsed efforts of Carlile and Chaplin)... but in terms of his kick-ins and rebound play I have been happy with Salter.

I guarantee Salter will get his chance up forward this year. I can tolerate playing him in defence for the next game (or 2 or 3), but if Motlop, Ebert, Westhoff and Schulz don't perform then he will definitely go forward IMO.
:thumbsu:

Craig coached from R14 onwards in 2004 IIRC - i.e. the Melbourne game.

Anyway, back on topic - I want to see some intensity. Hopefully matty can get that out of the boys!

Assuming Primus isn't playing ducks and drakes and is planning to unleash Salts forward, it just goes to show how skewed our philosophy has become.

We've got Trengove and Chaplin as key backs against a Hall-less Dogs already, but we're prepared to play a natural forward as third defensive tall over a far more accomplished stalwart in Cornes - regardless of his current form - while simultaneously leaving Motlop, who is need of a spell as much as anyone currently going around in the AFL today, in what is a woefully dysfunctional forward structure incapable of kicking a winning score even with a rare 4-5 goal cameo from the likes of Ebert.

The Streak II: The Fremantling, here we come.

I totally agree.

If Primus changes nothing and we appoint him, I'm going to walk away. Maybe donate money to the club every year in lieu of a ST or something. But I'm sick of watching us.

Well I'm not saying I'm going to agree with everything the new coach does, and Salter would be just one example. I'm thinking more the drop Chad but not Mots. Dropping Stewart (young promising forward) etc, the drawing of lines in the sand in the media, leaving Brogan to do everything in ruck, persisting with Westhoff/Trengove in ruck and leaving out actual ruckmen in Cloke/Lobbe. Coming out and declaring the next month of fixtures the "easiest" part of the season. etc.

There are a multitude of sins that need to be fixed.

Edit: plus kicking to Ebert when he is in a 2 on 1 and then having the ball go over his head. I hate that.

What if a completely new coach is appointed with new assistants and they player Salter in defence?

we give them time to get up to speed with the opinion of BF forums :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All I want to see is Salts up forward. It's the only reason Stewart should be dropped and why Nash would come in.

With Surj, JMP, Moore and Krakouer (possibly) to come you'd think Salter has no long term future in the backline anyway.

What if a completely new coach is appointed with new assistants and they player Salter in defence?

Frankly, myself, I don't care two hoots where Nick plays, as long as he gets a game.
Admittedly I'd prefer him to be at full forward where I think he's of best value, but if he can hold down a spot in defence consistently Im not going to lose sleep. Better in than out.

After tonight's result I sure hope we're not heading for a Showdown embarrassment let alone a Darwin one.

It would be nice to put a large dent in the media, i mean, Adelaides finals aspirations, but I think a similar result to the 2nd Showdown last year is on the cards. Competitive for a quarter then hammered.

It would be nice to put a large dent in the media, i mean, Adelaides finals aspirations, but I think a similar result to the 2nd Showdown last year is on the cards. Competitive for a quarter then hammered.

Taylor Walker is showing the benefits of faith, makes me feel what could have been if Salter was given the same luxury :(

we will get abo****ely smashed.

Only from the depths of darkness will our fortunes turn around, I feel so deep that the compression is about to squash my skull!

Taylor Walker is showing the benefits of faith, makes me feel what could have been if Salter was given the same luxury :(

we will get abo****ely smashed.

Only from the depths of darkness will our fortunes turn around, I feel so deep that the compression is about to squash my skull!

It made me weep watching the Crows last night. I see so many similarities between Walker and Salter, except that Walker has been left to flourish in the forward lines while Salter flounders in the back pocket/SANFL. I could handle it if our forward line even resembled a functioning attack, but we all know it doesn't (well most of us know anyway).

Gah, I have so much disgust at the way this club has been directed. Losing by 10 goals to Adelaide will just be rubbing salt in the wounds.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Team V Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back