Team vs Eagles - No Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

I've heard from a few people the reason why Stack and now possibly Wood are going past O'keefe is the Bulldogs are concerned O'keefe is too slow for AFL footy. I've seen him play regularly for Willi and while he's not quick I didn't think he looked overly slow.

Anyone else heard this?

Of course we've heard this - other than not being any where near fit enough, it's the overwhelming reason why he's not getting picked.

The general consensus is that he gets by at VFL level purely on his smarts and the ability of lurking where the ball will end up, and that he'll be found out at the highest level.

I hate to sound arrogant but WC away from home this year have been nothing short of disgraceful.

I'd be amazed if you got within 30 (with 10 minutes remaining - wouldn't be surprised if we take our foot off in the last qtr like we did last week)

Oh come on!! Don't let the truth spoil our hope! :p

Ahh Captain Obvious... As in too slow to make it... at all!!

If you ask an obvious question, don't be suprised if you get an obvious answer.

If you need further clarification as to why O'Keefe isn't getting a run, maybe you should ask the same person who told you Boumann was a certainty to be delisted at the end of the year - you've obviously got your finger on the pulse.

Of course we've heard this - other than not being any where near fit enough, it's the overwhelming reason why he's not getting picked.

The general consensus is that he gets by at VFL level purely on his smarts and the ability of lurking where the ball will end up, and that he'll be found out at the highest level.

Thanks for posting that. I've asked a couple of times why he might be getting overlooked and all anyone seems to write about him is that he is being treated harshly by Eade and his overly conservative selection policy.

Well I guess this bodes well for us if he decides to pull his finger out. He wouldn't have been drafted if he was too slow for AFL. That really doesn't happen anymore, and if he is lacking pace then he needs to be as fit as he can be. Sharpenning up his decision making would be required as well.

He wouldn't have been drafted if he was too slow for AFL. That really doesn't happen anymore, and if he is lacking pace then he needs to be as fit as he can be. Sharpenning up his decision making would be required as well.

I believe he was picked largely on his footy smarts and goal sense as the 2007 draft was reasonably shallow and the talent being spread pretty thin around his pick. It was hoped his athleticism could be developed with the resources available at an AFL club.

Unfortunately, this has not happened - probably partly due to his genetics, and also partly due to him not working hard enough.

I hate to sound arrogant but WC away from home this year have been nothing short of disgraceful.

I'd be amazed if you got within 30 (with 10 minutes remaining - wouldn't be surprised if we take our foot off in the last qtr like we did last week)

That is not true at all. Last year we were disgraceful (average losing margin of 57 points). This year we have been very competitive in all but 2 of our losses on the road, the only exceptions being St Kilda (no orphan there) and Carlton (7 goal loss). A few close losses in there too which we lost through inexperience (Sydney, Brisbane and Hawthorn). Our youngsters are starting to gel so this should be a good game. Another half like the second half last week and the Dogs will find themselves in a real contest tomorrow.

Plenty of champion players were thought to be "too slow". Some were even discarded on that score before making it at other clubs. Scott West, Diesel, etc.

If GOK's got the footy smarts and quick hands he could still be a 200 gamer.
Obviously attitude and application will have to be there too, but he's only 19 with plenty of time to learn, so don't write him off yet.

Yeah there's no room in the afl for smart players who know where the ball is going to go!
No we dont want those sort of players in our team!
Fair Dinkum!

That is not true at all. Last year we were disgraceful (average losing margin of 57 points). This year we have been very competitive in all but 2 of our losses on the road, the only exceptions being St Kilda (no orphan there) and Carlton (7 goal loss). A few close losses in there too which we lost through inexperience (Sydney, Brisbane and Hawthorn). Our youngsters are starting to gel so this should be a good game. Another half like the second half last week and the Dogs will find themselves in a real contest tomorrow.

You have lost 18 game in a row since 2007 on the road:eek:

I've heard from a few people the reason why Stack and now possibly Wood are going past O'keefe is the Bulldogs are concerned O'keefe is too slow for AFL footy. I've seen him play regularly for Willi and while he's not quick I didn't think he looked overly slow.

Anyone else heard this?

Yes, amongst other things that comrade has alluded to.

If he was going to get a game with us, he would have already done so.

Time to stop flogging a dead horse, its just not going to happen.

I wonder if we are trying to put Wilkes on display for you guys.
You can advertise your mutton, but we will be looking for the lamb!...:p

We are overstocked with potential KP.

Wilson gets to learn from Lake, (and we will be watching), and no good hiding young Eric with a feigned injury...:rolleyes:, ('cos we are still watching), but I don't think Spangher ticks all the boxes, (but we will still be watching!). Mitch Brown in a BP?...hmmm...(we might just watch him too)......:D

Bring on the Voyeurs Cup.

hooroo...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have played in Melbourne 3 times this year for a 97 point loss, a 41 point loss and a 20 point less against Melbourne. You have also lost 18 games in a row away from Subiaco. Yet somehow this game will be a real contest?

You will do well to get within 30 points.

You have played in Melbourne 3 times this year for a 97 point loss, a 41 point loss and a 20 point less against Melbourne. You have also lost 18 games in a row away from Subiaco. Yet somehow this game will be a real contest?

LOL may as well not turn up until half time.

Personally I think we are alot better side then we were even 4 weeks ago when we lost to Melbourne. With such a young side as us (something like 14 players under 50 games) and about half of them with literally no pre season they really improve from game to game. While your training your ass off and sliding down our guys are finally getting back to full fitness albeit a bit late and hitting there straps.

Naitanui for example, 4 weeks ago was slaughtered by Jamar, 4 weeks later he beat one of the top 5 ruckman in Ryder for the game. Masten averaging 27 possessions over the past month. Ebert, Houlihan, S.Selwood all coming off their best games for the year. We are unpredictable if anything but on our day we can beat anyone because we are slightly above the current bottom 3.

If you ask an obvious question, don't be suprised if you get an obvious answer.

If you need further clarification as to why O'Keefe isn't getting a run, maybe you should ask the same person who told you Boumann was a certainty to be delisted at the end of the year - you've obviously got your finger on the pulse.

Or ask a simple question and have a simple person answer it, either way. You just keep turning up to Willi games with 32 on your jumper, and that chip planted firmly on your shoulder.

Final Teams:

WESTERN BULLDOGS v WEST COAST
Western Bulldogs
B: Jarrod Harbrow, Brian Lake, Dale Morris
HB: Lindsay Gilbee, Tom Williams, Ryan Hargrave
C: Dylan Addison, Matthew Boyd, Daniel Cross
HF: Josh Hill, Mitch Hahn, Brad Johnson
F: Nathan Eagleton, Will Minson, Jason Akermanis
Foll: Ben Hudson, Ryan Griffen, Adam Cooney
I/C: Brennan Stack, Callan Ward, Andrejs Everitt, Easton Wood
Changes to the selected side
In: Easton Wood
Out: Liam Picken

West Coast
B: Adam Selwood, Darren Glass, Mitch Brown
HB: Shannon Hurn, Beau Wilkes, Sam Butler
C: Tom Swift, Matt Priddis, Tim Houlihan
HF: Andrew Embley, Josh Kennedy, David Wirrpanda
F: Mark LeCras, Callum Wilson, Pat McGinnity
Foll: Nic Naitanui, Brad Ebert, Chris Masten
I/C: Matt Rosa, Scott Selwood, Quinten Lynch, Ben McKinley
Changes to the selected side
Nil

Good luck Easton!

I can see your amazement from here!! :D

Have you looked at your own board yet? You'd be able to see my comments there too where I posted them.

Chill Borsta. Just having a little dig. ;) It was a great win for our boys and I thought for awhile there you were going to run over us and blow us away. Was a good game to watch besides the errors from both sides. Cooney had a really off day it seems. But, at least you'll still be playing in September, unlike us. Best of luck! :thumbsu:

EDIT: On a side note the umpiring standard was very poor. Some very perplexing decisions both ways. That 50 metre penalty awarded to us for bumping a player after he marked was a classic example.

We did well then:p

and with our 2 best players out...

I wonder if we are trying to put Wilkes on display for you guys.

You can advertise your mutton, but we will be looking for the lamb!...:p

Wilson gets to learn from Lake, (and we will be watching), and no good hiding young Eric with a feigned injury...:rolleyes:, ('cos we are still watching), but I don't think Spangher ticks all the boxes, (but we will still be watching!). Mitch Brown in a BP?...hmmm...(we might just watch him too)......:D

Bring on the Voyeurs Cup.

hooroo...

Did you watch that!:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Team vs Eagles - No Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back