Team Vs Port Adelaide - POWER OUT

Remove this Banner Ad

Watt is needed to out-bustle Lade or Tredrea, or possibly to outsmart Motlop.

I think Watto is the least of our problems, he wasnt even playing against Richmond, our most disgraceful effort for the year! Get over it. Good ins apart from the 4 talls again, at least this time it has some chance of working being indoors & dry I guess. Dont want Wells playing unless he is 100% fit & going to have a 100% crack at it. Hale is very lucky but we have to justify signing him up until 2023!!!!!!!!!! Both he & Thomas would have on be on their last chance before getting dropped.

Disagree, playing Watt is not the least of our problems. He's symptomatic of our serious problems of continually playing blokes who aren't good enough, and they get absolutely towelled up by opposition who are (or even those who aren't: Alan Toovey, anyone?).

Watt is not good enough. He adds stuff-all to the team. It shits me that he's retained and Greenwood dropped, because it seems that the thought process is that Watt will make less mistakes than Greenwood. Possibly true, but that's because he doesn't have a go anywhere near as much as Levi, and Levi will be three times the player that Watt has ever been. So, a gutless effort at the selection table again.

I also have a nagging feeling that Power has been told "look, you're out at the moment, but there's a fair chance that one of Wellsy or Flash won't come up in time, so you'll be back in". Shit I hope I'm wrong.

Fingers crossed that Levi is back soon. While he made his fair share of clangers, he also showed poise and aggression. I didn't think he was all that far away to be honest.

Levi's been given a taste for it and has some idea of the deficiencies that he needs to go back and work on. All standard operational procedure. As bad as last week was, it must be hard work to make more than 4 changes to a team. There's a couple more players who I'd like to see given a go at some stage soon and one or two could go out based on poor form or limited value going forward but I guess we'll have to be patient.

we should bring back moran and play 5 ruckmen. Is laidley a clown or what? We have been to slow of late so he decides to bring in another tall for a small.

Yeah I can't believe he brought in Goldstein instead of Wells, Campbell and Ross. Oh wait...

I also have a nagging feeling that Power has been told "look, you're out at the moment, but there's a fair chance that one of Wellsy or Flash won't come up in time, so you'll be back in". Shit I hope I'm wrong.

48-hour Power outage ?

Yeah, that is annoying.

Who knows ? Maybe Ed's the man in waiting. Thus fulfilling our part of the secret back door deal with Port and the AFL to have the Lowers go head to head.

Not bad changes. Probably would have stuck with Greenwood, but not going to get all emo kid about it.

Just happy that we're finally going to get a look at the Glengarry leads.

Laids should use this auspicious occasion to employ the following speech as his pre-game rev-up.....

[youtube]TROhlThs9qY[/youtube]

I think you can answer your own question.

You are the one that says we should play the guys who will play in our next Premiership side not me. Care to fill us in as to who they will be? What year will it be? What are the lotto numbers for Saturday night?

You are the one that says we should play the guys who will play in our next Premiership side not me. Care to fill us in as to who they will be? What year will it be? What are the lotto numbers for Saturday night?

Well you can see who has it and who doesn't. I don't need to do it for you.

Regarding our premiership, I just follow our pattern between the 70's and 90's. Somewhere after 2013.

Well you can see who has it and who doesn't. I don't need to do it for you.

Regarding our premiership, I just follow our pattern between the 70's and 90's. Somewhere after 2013.

Do you see how silly that statement is that we should play the blokes who will play in our next flag side.

How can anyone predict when we are going to win a flag and the players who make up that team? Simple fact is you can't. Some of those players might not even be drafted yet.

There is still a game to be won on the weekend and the Selection committee have to make decisions based on alot more than youtube highlight videos and hypothetical premiership teams.

I think we have done a good job of playing the young blokes and the good thing is that most of them have been good enough to have made an impact rather than just being played for the sake of playing them.

Just happy that we're finally going to get a look at the Glengarry leads.

Laids should use this auspicious occasion to employ the following speech as his pre-game rev-up.....

[youtube]TROhlThs9qY[/youtube]

A great sales industry film and a brilliant speech scene TOD!

I think Greenwood would have been a better long term option than watty and i am worried about having all those talls, however if JYD keeps Hamish and Goldie exclusively in the ruck, Drew at CHB and Hale in the goal square all night, then i think it could work. BTW does anyone know our win lose ratio when we have played Hamish/Goldie/Drew and Hale in the same game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A great sales industry film and a brilliant speech scene TOD!

That scene almost justifies the entire existence of the Baldwin family.

Almost.

I just wish my boss could be that nice to me.

I think Greenwood would have been a better long term option than watty and i am worried about having all those talls, however if JYD keeps Hamish and Goldie exclusively in the ruck, Drew at CHB and Hale in the goal square all night, then i think it could work. BTW does anyone know our win lose ratio when we have played Hamish/Goldie/Drew and Hale in the same game?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the very wet day earlier this year the ONLY occasion they've ALL played in the one team? The one we lost due to a lack of run!

Originally Posted by The Other Dean
That scene almost justifies the entire existence of the Baldwin family.

Almost.

I just wish my boss could be that nice to me.

I had a boss who showed us that movie, back in the early 90's. Geez I'm thankful that I'm my own boss nowadays! Although I loved the movie, and it has a cult following..........not to the point where a few hundred dudes dress in cheap suits, drive 80's Buicks, and screen it on Friday nights at midnight at Westgarth, but a cult following nonetheless.

Cannot believe that Shannon Watt is still in the team.... WHAT THE FU*K IS GOING ON?
Get all the dead wood shit kents out...... Power gone, lower gone, watt gone.... christ it almost seems like there has to be at least one in there every week.
Why bring Goldstein in? Jones = 2 BOG in a row playin off half back and up forward ...... cant get in, and yet they bring in a big lumbering dork when we are already as slow as a wet week!
Drop Greenwood after 2 games and keep Thomas in? friggen disgrace
Shame on you NMFC coaching staff.

Cannot believe that Shannon Watt is still in the team.... WHAT THE FU*K IS GOING ON?
Get all the dead wood shit kents out...... Power gone, lower gone, watt gone.... christ it almost seems like there has to be at least one in there every week.
Why bring Goldstein in? Jones = 2 BOG in a row playin off half back and up forward ...... cant get in, and yet they bring in a big lumbering dork when we are already as slow as a wet week!
Drop Greenwood after 2 games and keep Thomas in? friggen disgrace
Shame on you NMFC coaching staff.
Cmon, why beat around the bush?

I will always love the footy club, but right now i cannot stand certain aspects of it, we pay to watch them and they continue to fu*k up with selection errors. Very frustrating - He brings Goldstein in against the dogs on a slippery day and then drops him the following week V hawks when they were really struggling in the ruck division ..... he has done nothing to waarant senior selection since and yet they select him to play against a quick ball moving unit like Port?

I will always love the footy club, but right now i cannot stand certain aspects of it, we pay to watch them and they continue to fu*k up with selection errors. Very frustrating - He brings Goldstein in against the dogs on a slippery day and then drops him the following week V hawks when they were really struggling in the ruck division ..... he has done nothing to waarant senior selection since and yet they select him to play against a quick ball moving unit like Port?
Was a good analysis really, spot on, needs to be said. One or 2 fu** ups at the selection table costs games. Refreshing having it said as it is.

Port has a lot of tall options, who do you want to play on them?

Can't see how you can say that?

Carlile, Chaplin & Pettigrew are the tall defenders

Tredrea is the tall forward

Brogan & Lade are the rucks

Chad Cornes can play anywhere

The next tallest player is debutant Davenport at 185 cm.

My guess is you could do the following things, play Petrie as your CHF, moving Edwards to a flanking position, which suits him better than as a key forward. Have Firrito tag Chad Cornes, because letting him do as he pleases, as the Crows allowed, is a fast way to lose. Play Gibson on Motlop, Watt on Lade and Thompson on Tredrea. Ebert could be a tough one for you to match up on, as he's a midget, but great overhead.

Anyway, good luck guys, hope it's a great game, no reports or injuries, and a Port win for me.

I dont mind the changes at all

Petrie to move & stay at CHB and hopefully find some of his 2008 form by staying in the one position for a game or 2
McIntosh cant ruck on his own against an excellent ruck combo of Brogan & Lade so Goldstein bought in to help
Hale hopefully can find some form as the sole tall tower up front
Watt staying in means McMahon can move fwd where he 's been excellent in the past
Ross's inclusion gives us some wheels,plus i think this kid like the big stage so I reckon he can make an immediate impact

and Wells and Campbell are a very welcome addition to whats been a one paced team

and its only round 7 folks...not time to exclusively play all the kids on our list as some people have suggested.Still a pretty reasonable chance of top 8

Not the side I would have named, but my career doesn't rest on my selections.:)

The inclusions are good, and I can't really argue with the outs, based on form.

Goldstein has been absolutely dominant, and what else could he do to get a game? He deserves the call-up! Not sure about the 3 X 200cm+ bloke all in, though.

Curious week to bring Ross in. He was great early, didn't get called up. The past two weeks hasn't looked quite right and into the AFL side he goes. I'm glad he's back in, but the timing?

Wells and Campbell are still automatic selections at this point when fit. We certainly need the pace!

Hale and Thomas would want to show some form this week, I would think.

It's good that more of the young guys are knocking at the selection door!

Still no rookie elevation for Boomer. Curious.

Still no rookie elevation for Boomer. Curious.
Dont you think they are waiting for Garlett to return to full fitness and they will assess his form once he has had a couple of good ones in the VFL before promoting him?

Ive said before would be waste of a promotion if they pick a guy still hampered by an injury or someone who isnt in form and in line for senior selection? Im assuming promotion costs the club more money, even if it is only minimal, we need all the cents we can get.

I reckon its out of he and Obst and would think a quicker smaller player is needed more than a taller guy in our current lineup.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the very wet day earlier this year the ONLY occasion they've ALL played in the one team? The one we lost due to a lack of run!

Can't agree with that TT, we had all the run in the last quarter and lost it because we couldn't take a grab in the forward 50.

Sad reflection of our season, but i reckon the Dogs game was the best we have played so far.

Selecting Goldy for the Dogs game wasn't the blunder, dropping him against the Hawks was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Team Vs Port Adelaide - POWER OUT

Remove this Banner Ad

Back