The 19th man, WOOHOO!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Bernie, what do the natives down there really think of Norf & the Tassie Hawks?

Well, the Hawthorn games are played in Launceston. I few people I work with and involved in footy with travel up to watch. During pre season, Hawthorn came to my footy club, (and a few others) for training. Was quite good actually. The players were great to talk to and took a few drills.

North are a bit more popular in Hobart. There is a fair bit of noise around town leading up to when they play here. I got to meet Brent Harvey last year and spent a bit of time with him. Believe it or not, he really is a top bloke.

Its really growing down here. The "natives" are just happy we have a few AFL games. I dont think we will have an AFL club down here in the immediate future, but having games in Hobart and Launceston is pretty popular.

Well, the Hawthorn games are played in Launceston. I few people I work with and involved in footy with travel up to watch. During pre season, Hawthorn came to my footy club, (and a few others) for training. Was quite good actually. The players were great to talk to and took a few drills.

North are a bit more popular in Hobart. There is a fair bit of noise around town leading up to when they play here. I got to meet Brent Harvey last year and spent a bit of time with him. Believe it or not, he really is a top bloke.

Its really growing down here. The "natives" are just happy we have a few AFL games. I dont think we will have an AFL club down here in the immediate future, but having games in Hobart and Launceston is pretty popular.
Still seems a joke to me to have GWS in before a Tassie side it's a footy heartland ffs, I guess it will eventually happen.
Good to hear the North & Hawk players are giving with their time to the football community down there.

Still seems a joke to me to have GWS in before a Tassie side it's a footy heartland ffs, I guess it will eventually happen.
Good to hear the North & Hawk players are giving with their time to the football community down there.

Totally agree. Typical Vlad trying to grow the game where the game isnt played. In saying that, the divide between Launceston and Hobart down here almost borders on the Crows/Power dislike for each other. The south hate the north and vice versa. So if a team was to be established down here, there would be a massive shitfight as to where it would be based. Hobart seems the logical place, but as AFL footy was first played in Launceston, they would put up a massive fight. It would all get too political.

Local footy as a whole down here isnt really in great shape. A lot of dumbfounding decisions keep being made by the powers that be. I could go on, but really dont have the time.

But youre right, it is good that both teams get down here. They actually do quite a few footy clinics etc and get a real following.

Just lol

Good to see they are practicing the Mexican Wave in readiness for the cricket season :)

The PRIDE - Crows Support Group
This Sunday marks the last home game for us Crows fans of the home and away season.

Some of us here at the Pride have looked back on last year and remembered the farewell we sent the boys off with at AAMI and are hoping to replicate again ...this year.

There has been big interest from Crows fans across numerous social media forums so we thought we'd put it out there and try to create an awareness of what we are trying to achieve.

A HUGE MEXICAN WAVE SWEEPING AROUND ADELAIDE OVAL!

We will attempt to start it on the hill towards the end of the final term and we encourage everyone to join in.
Just look for the group with Rory wigs

Over to you Crows fans!

I was banned from this group because they didn't appreciate me giving them new rap ideas for the supporters to chant. I reckon the real ****** roll call would've gone down pretty well at the final home game. Bit rude of them, to be quite honest.

its a disgrace.
Imagine living in Tassie where you were spoon fed VFL and you rooted for Royce Hart, etc only to be told there isn't a strong enough case for AFL in Tassie...Id be suicidal.:)
It will never be a national game until Hobart has a team in ...not Norf or Hawthorn...Hobart:mad:
All I can say is they are not dinkum....
If there isn't a strong enough financial case you damn well make one.

Anyway, let drink to the 19th man not them that have two headso_O

North have been good in Hobart Jimmy, I take my boys to the clinics and the players spend a lot of time talking with all the kids, signing autographs, etc.
Lindsay Thomas is a flog of the highest order though but the rest of the guys are great

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 19th man hats

ff4bdb665b2a62bf7497b02b668936ce.jpg

Not as good as our pirate

its a disgrace.
Imagine living in Tassie where you were spoon fed VFL and you rooted for Royce Hart, etc only to be told there isn't a strong enough case for AFL in Tassie...Id be suicidal.:)
It will never be a national game until Hobart has a team in ...not Norf or Hawthorn...Hobart:mad:
All I can say is they are not dinkum....
If there isn't a strong enough financial case you damn well make one.

o_O
Totally agree
It's a disgrace they put developing markets ( ok with GC first but not GWS) first before a loyal footy diehard state
After living in rugby territory it's great to go for the annual Xmas family trip to Tas because all they do is talk footy
And this is the off season of course
Also buried my father in law in Tas last year and I was surprised at the amount of club paraphernalia on all the graves . Looked like every 3rd or 4 the grave stone in the whole cemetery had Saint , Bomber , Hawk etc mini flags and teddys on them . Amazing

So in agreement the AFL botched that one

Would it work half the games in Launy and the other in Hobart . Surely eventually they would each also travel to the other town?

Totally agree
It's a disgrace they put developing markets ( ok with GC first but not GWS) first before a loyal footy diehard state
After living in rugby territory it's great to go for the annual Xmas family trip to Tas because all they do is talk footy
And this is the off season of course
Also buried my father in law in Tas last year and I was surprised at the amount of club paraphernalia on all the graves . Looked like every 3rd or 4 the grave stone in the whole cemetery had Saint , Bomber , Hawk etc mini flags and teddys on them . Amazing

So in agreement the AFL botched that one

Would it work half the games in Launy and the other in Hobart . Surely eventually they would each also travel to the other town?

Good post. Although the footy world will not be correct until Tassie has its own team. They deserve it and the AFL has erred.

Remove this Banner Ad

The 19th man, WOOHOO!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back