Roast "The Banana Incident"

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps it's time for Port to ******* get over how the Crows got into the AFL.

True. formation of the Crows has thwarted the solo-team existence that Port coveted for this city. The football world took the prize from them. They finished up second and it is a harbinger to which they can and have generated their considerable hate. Outside of the normal football alliance, even extreme support, the hate they were certainly the originators of and spend so much effort on, sets them apart from most others. In this they are the number one team in town.

I see your point, it is unlikely her fatness was a contributing factor in her racist attitudes.
Correct. And surely making snide comments about her physical attributes make the person making the comment no different to her?

Please no. We've had a drinking register here in the NT. It was a mess just for a minority of abusers. Now they are going to bring it back again.
Everytime you purchased a bottle of wine you had to show your drivers liscence.
A right pain.
http://newsroom.nt.gov.au/mediaRelease/23037
Is that really a pain though? I have never had any issue with getting my ID out when buying alcohol.

There is still a lot of hatred directed at the Crows over what was they believe happen. and why the SANFL shafted Port according to a few of the vocal ones, And yes it is true to visit the Port Adelaide Club rooms after any SANFL game not involving the Crows and some still find the time to blame the Crows. It is hatred
To be Honest Rucci and some of the reporters and a few officials at the time should take a lot of the balme, they wanted a rivalry to end all rivalry and foment this hatred between supporters.
Some high-ranking officials at Port wanted their club to be the underdog, the old Fos Williams and Cahil attitude's its us against the rest of the SANFL and there way they went about it bread a generation of supporters that hated yes hated all things not Port. Unfortunately what work in the SANFL does not work in a National competition, While Collingwood was attempting to clean up their act and change the way their supporters behaved, Some Port officials pushed for the traditional underdog attitude Port used in the SANFL which used Hated as a means to garner die hard supporters Problem with that is when the Club does not Preform they don't turn up, Sound familiar.
KT has and is slowing attempting to remove the underdog tag ie us vs them Have you notice how they have toned it down the Football talk coming from the Club, but sometimes I believe Kochie has a different view which is surprising considering Port Push into Asia.
And to be honest the media build up to this game pushed some supporters over the edge.
Cant say ive herd this angle before.

Thanks for the heads up.....

I think.

Just you wait for the uproar from the media after this weekend when people go to town on the drug cheats, it'll be poor ol' little Essendon boys, Adelaide fans are so mean.

That's already happened once when the Eagles fans tore into him the weekend after he admitted to taking a banned substance. Vic media, why are you booing Jobe so much? Um maybe cause you guys have potted the Eagles for years about drugs and here you had a guy admitting he took drugs.

Is that really a pain though? I have never had any issue with getting my ID out when buying alcohol.
Well it is. We have a lot of restrictions on trading hours, what alcohol can be purchased at certain times, dry areas and it varies all over the NT.
I also recall that at AAMI you couldn't bring alcohol into the seating area ?

Port Adelaide Power take action over Eddie Betts racist abuse
Updated 8 minutes ago

Port Adelaide has handed an indefinite suspension to one of its members who racially abused Adelaide's Eddie Betts in Saturday night's Showdown.

The Power also resolved its ruckman Paddy Ryder was racially vilified by a spectator, although any formal action was unlikely to be taken.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-11/power-take-action-over-eddie-betts-racism-abuse/8433694

Port Adelaide Power take action over Eddie Betts racist abuse
Updated 8 minutes ago

Port Adelaide has handed an indefinite suspension to one of its members who racially abused Adelaide's Eddie Betts in Saturday night's Showdown.

The Power also resolved its ruckman Paddy Ryder was racially vilified by a spectator, although any formal action was unlikely to be taken.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-11/power-take-action-over-eddie-betts-racism-abuse/8433694

Its hard because the scumbag who racially abused Paddy probably borrowed a mates membership or just bought a ticket. Hopefully they have video footage of him and they name and shame.

Its hard because the scumbag who racially abused Paddy probably borrowed a mates membership or just bought a ticket. Hopefully they have video footage of him and they name and shame.
Name and ban

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right find him and ban him, simple as that.

Also why are we (as in the collective we) promoting the "if they don't have a membership we can't do anything". Bullshit, we have CCTV at grounds put them on a banned permanently from Adelaide Oval list.

Also why are we (as in the collective we) promoting the "if they don't have a membership we can't do anything". Bullshit, we have CCTV at grounds put them on a banned permanently from Adelaide Oval list.

Still can buy a ticket and walk in, relies on being recognised. In amongst 50,000 supporters it will be incredibly hard.

Well it is. We have a lot of restrictions on trading hours, what alcohol can be purchased at certain times, dry areas and it varies all over the NT.
But I'm not proposing any of those other things.

I also recall that at AAMI you couldn't bring alcohol into the seating area ?
You can at AO. I'll drink at 2-3 games a year, usually night games. I can do it responsibly, and have no issue with showing ID or a drinking licence to do so.

Idiots that can't handle their booze would find that instead of just getting kicked out, they lose their licence for X period. Then they can't buy alcohol at pubs or other events. Of course someone could buy them a drink to get around it, but then if they cause trouble again, they are drinking without a licence and that would have more serious consequences. Hopefully that would be deterrent enough that if they were drinking unlicensed, they'd pull their head in while doing it, win/win.

In any case what ID verification is done with a membership.

Do the SMA have a photo list of banned people and security check this via cctv and in person observation?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If somebody did actually vilify Paddy, and thats a huge if if you ask me, let them face the full brunt of the consequences that come with that. Never mind what has been said / done by the other side, it is abhorrent and should not be tolerated.
I dont get this reasoning from Port that what they do is ok because of what we do. Thats just wrong. If this Maxine Spratt was a Crows supporter sprouting that crap about power players, I would want her harshly dealt with in every way possible. End of story. There would be no buts about it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I thought I've seen it mentioned before that Adelaide Oval does have the facial recognition cameras at the gates.
full

Exactly... it's time the SMA stood up and banned these people from Adelaide Oval - EVERY EVENT

You get these idiotic, casual supporters who decide to go to the biggest game this year, get drunk and just cause trouble.

Ban them from everything, AFL, A-League, Concerts, Cricket, Restaurants, everything!

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast "The Banana Incident"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back