Roast "The Banana Incident"

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought I've seen it mentioned before that Adelaide Oval does have the facial recognition cameras at the gates.
Think that's a bit like the security stickers or the beware of dog signs people put up at homes to scare thieves away

Exactly... it's time the SMA stood up and banned these people from Adelaide Oval - EVERY EVENT

You get these idiotic, casual supporters who decide to go to the biggest game this year, get drunk and just cause trouble.

Ban them from everything, AFL, A-League, Concerts, Cricket, Restaurants, everything!

Yep this is what needs to happen, bloody hell the English FA can even get photos of known hooligans to Europe to get them sent back and avoid trouble! Why can't we do the same here?

I did not choose to ignore i simple pointed out a book that can show the effects on aboriginal people in this instance.

Maybe you should try it.:)

Again with the condescension.

This type of attitude is precisely why the argument gets derailed.

As the initial post pointed out - sometimes a boo is just a ****ing boo because they are knobs

FFS

"Bangs head"

Becuse there is differe... are forget it.

Difference ....
Rightio

Maybe stop looking for race as being the "difference "

How weak

"Port Adelaide is also continuing to investigate allegations that a Power supporter racially abused Adelaide Crows player Eddie Betts.

Port Adelaide can confirm the offender, who was evicted from the ground, is a club member and that his membership card has been confiscated and his membership suspended indefinitely. "

Exactly the same as banana woman !
Membership "suspended " - FFS -ban them for good - weak as **ss

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...r/news-story/ab6678c9aa973d3985b68a6d18af6f09

So the Port racist was caught red handed but the alleged Crows racist (I suspect made up by Port) managed to run away. Seems Port think that they can minimise their damage by dragging the crows into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently Port have suggest Paddy Ryders family heard it. That legitimises the claim a little. However its still hearsay until its actually proven the incident happened. I think the initial report of a Port Official hearing the comments didn't give them much credit but the addition of Ryder's family'and other sources suggest it did. However what we don't know is whether what he said was misinterpreted to be racism and he got called on it and fled out of fear or he legitimately said something racist. I was sitting 4 chairs away from a drunken yobbo Crows supporter hurling abuse at Ryder after hitting knights and I didn't hear what he said but some of the Aboriginal people sitting rows away were calling him out. I'm not convinced they heard anything other than Paddy Ryder and just assumed it to be of a racist nature. 50,000 screaming fans is pretty dam noisy.

Apparently Port have suggest Paddy Ryders family heard it. That legitimises the claim a little. However its still hearsay until its actually proven the incident happened. I think the initial report of a Port Official hearing the comments didn't give them much credit but the addition of Ryder's family'and other sources suggest it did. However what we don't know is whether what he said was misinterpreted to be racism and he got called on it and fled out of fear or he legitimately said something racist. I was sitting 4 chairs away from a drunken yobbo Crows supporter hurling abuse at Ryder after hitting knights and I didn't hear what he said but some of the Aboriginal people sitting rows away were calling him out. I'm not convinced they heard anything other than Paddy Ryder and just assumed it to be of a racist nature. 50,000 screaming fans is pretty dam noisy.

I thought it was "the family of the Port official" who reportedly heard it.

Again with the condescension.

This type of attitude is precisely why the argument gets derailed.

As the initial post pointed out - sometimes a boo is just a ****ing boo because they are knobs

FFS

Difference ....
Rightio

Maybe stop looking for race as being the "difference "
I though thats what we are talking about... racism.

And im serious about the book, it changed my view when i thought about things pretty mutch as you do.

Just a thought.

Sorry if you find my typing condescending it not my intention.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...r/news-story/ab6678c9aa973d3985b68a6d18af6f09

So the Port racist was caught red handed but the alleged Crows racist (I suspect made up by Port) managed to run away. Seems Port think that they can minimise their damage by dragging the crows into it.

The Ryder incident does have weight, the Only Question I have is what time did it happen. Because there was a Lot of abuse headed his way after the Ryder/Knight issue.
It Still does not make it right to racial abuse a player, But to me, the timing can point to racist or reaction if it was pure racist perm ban, if it was reaction then ban and education is required.

Just remember that Port and crows supporters are pritty similar people.

We live in the same place somtimes even the same house. This is a SA issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And.....of course. I have no idea why some people check their brains at the door at AO and act like morons.

Stop trying to claim the moral high ground here. I've seen enough stupidity from our own supporters at games that we can't throw stones that it is only one supporter base.

It's downright embarrassing that we're still having these incidents in this day and age. It reflects poorly on all South Australians that our major sporting events make the news for the wrong reasons. I'm not just talking about Port or Crows either - the behaviour during the Green/Mundine fight was a disgrace also.

We need to stamp this behaviour out.

It's downright embarrassing that we're still having these incidents in this day and age. It reflects poorly on all South Australians that our major sporting events make the news for the wrong reasons. I'm not just talking about Port or Crows either - the behaviour during the Green/Mundine fight was a disgrace also.

We need to stamp this behaviour out.
Exactly. This needs to stop being about which supporter from which club said what.. <3 Eddie and all our Indigenous boys.

Stop trying to claim the moral high ground here. I've seen enough stupidity from our own supporters at games that we can't throw stones that it is only one supporter base.

Hangon...point to me where I said its Port supporters only? dont be ****ing daft. Inferrence for ****s sake.

Last edited by a moderator:

It may legitimise it or as you suggest maybe they heard standard abuse and just elevated it to racial abuse? I stick with my position that Port are deflecting their supporters poor behaviour onto the crows.

The Ryder incident does have weight, the Only Question I have is what time did it happen. Because there was a Lot of abuse headed his way after the Ryder/Knight issue.
It Still does not make it right to racial abuse a player, But to me, the timing can point to racist or reaction if it was pure racist perm ban, if it was reaction then ban and education is required.

If it does prove true then tar and feather the idiot. I just don't believe it happened.

Hangon...point to me where I said its Port supporters only? dont be %^cking daft. Inferrence for f^&ks sake.
+1

When Port supporters act like campaigners it's a South Australian problem.:rolleyes:

Do Crows supporters have recent history of behaving poorly against opposition supporters and players?

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast "The Banana Incident"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back