Toast The Brownlow Thread- Ablett Wins

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: The Brownlow Thread

428461.jpg

428591.jpg

428581.jpg

Chapman's missus is quite a looker.

It gives me hope. As a balding gentleman myself, seeing how nude nuts like Chappy and Ablett do pulling beautiful women, it gives me some hope.

how embarrassingly bad is the telecast of the brownlow? that idiot asking those kids about half time entertainment? the akermanis skit? that kid at the start? those idiots from the toyota ads? how can anyone decide that is worthwhile viewing? it is sickening, and cheapens the whole night...

however, well done gary! sweet! :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

The only downer was that stupid interview by Sandy Roberts. What the hell has Tiger Woods got to do with winning the Brownlow and then telling him he can win the Norm Smith as well. Poor Gazza having to stand their and put up with that crap. Sandy Roberts you are a tool.

+1

God they ask some Stupid Questions.

Do Channel 7 have the rights to the Golf or something?

Makes me wish even more so the open session was on Thursday as usual so that well we (Geelong supporters) could join in the celebrations.

We'll just have to wait till the day after the grand final, when we can hopefully celebrate a flag AND the Brownlow. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really well deserved. Would have been an absolute travesty of justice if he hadn't.

Felt a bit sorry for him sitting there with all the pressure. He probably felt that he couldn't show any real emotion (disappointment at a bad result = "selfish"; happiness at a good result = "selfish"). The media has really done a number on him the past few years.

Anyway - great result. Well done.

Good luck in the GF Cats fans.

Oh and totally agree that Sandy Roberts almost did his best to ruin a great moment.

Surely his focus won't be on individual awards like that? :rolleyes:

He'd have to be focusing on the prospect of meeting Tiger Woods from here. :cool: ;)

Is gary part of a team? :eek:

'done Gaz!

Some baffling votes there. Chappy's 6 goal BOG against the Crows got 1 vote. Goodes 27 touches and 2 goals in a 10 goal loss got 3 votes whilst Johnson had 28 touches for 4 goals and got 0.

Johnson was our best in the first half of the year by far. He was stunning.

Can I ask a stupid question: When and for what did Joel Corey get rubbed out??

Corey must carry 70.31 demerit points for the rest of the season after accepting a reprimand for striking Hawthorn's Liam Shiels.

A discount for a five-year good record drops the points below 100 to avoid suspension and accepting the reprimand would reward him with a further reduction.

This was round 17, his only report for 5 years. He did not miss a game after that. Yeah I don't get it either, I thought they had to be suspended to be ineligible.

Oh nah ok, I don't remember it, but the Brownlow only takes into account base points - so deductions like Smithy got for a good record are not considered, which to me is a bunch of crap. He gets a deduction because he is a 'fair' player, and the Brownlow is the best and fairest. Meh whatever.

Re: The Brownlow Thread

Gaz is apprently a massive go with the punters at the moment. Have shortened him into $2.75, but we know what happened the last 2 years when he was favourite.
Personally I think he will win in the high 20's with Hayes and maybe Swan the dangers depending on how the umpires rate the amount of ball that Swan gets. We all know high posession doesnt amount to votes.
St Kilda has a list of 4 players, Riewoldt, Hayes, Montagna and Dal Santo that will take too many votes of each other so I'm predicting probably Hayes to be their leader but not poll enough to win.
For us I think Stevie J will poll well early and Joel Selwood will be consistent but Gaz has had an outstanding year and should have around 6-7 3 vote games which would be enough.

Good luck Gaz and Sel.

Great call!

Congrats to Gazza on winning his first Browlow, and all the best on Saturday for the grand final! :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast The Brownlow Thread- Ablett Wins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back