Toast The Brownlow Thread- Ablett Wins

Remove this Banner Ad

You bloody beauty - well deserved after an amazing 3 years (not that I begrudge Jim's win in '07)!!

Gazza you bloody little legend. And Adam Cooney that kiss was funny as well.

Cooney's peck on Ablett's head...:thumbsu: :D

Kissing Ablett's head will become Australia's version of smooching the Blarney Stone!!

Love you Gary.

2 things stuck out to me: Chappy 1 vote for 6 goals including the two match winners vs Adelaide.

Goodes 3 votes in a 51 point loss...
Chapman's 1 vote against Adelaide @ the Cattery was mystifying as was Johnson's 2 against Essendon. If Stevie J's game didn't deserve 3 votes I'll eat my hat - even Matthew Knights claimed it was pretty much a 10 out of 10 game from him and IMO it was the best game I've ever seen him play.

Enright no votes?!?! A WTF if ever there was one.

At least the umps got it right with Gaz though. :D

Congrats Gaz, absolutely brilliant.

It's no secret he has really wanted this award and now he has it let's hope it can releave some pressure and we see a more relaxed and even more dominant Gary on Saturday.

What a star!!!! Yaaaabbleeeeettt

Love little Gazza, humble and very human. Well done:thumbsu:

spot on mate good call. He was very emotional and nervous....I guess if he wasn't playing on Saturday he'd have had a few brews to calm the nerves.

Sandy Roberts questioning was pathetic though what was with the Tiger Woods question....weak and awkward

Congratulations to Gary, finally the umpires acknowledge what the rest of us knew years ago.

And I loved Tom Harley's very subtle dig when being interviewed by Tim Watson, about Gary being a champion team player.

Exactly, i noticed that too, i hope Tim got the point! :D

Gary Ablett won the Brownlow

Gazza is awesome GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on saturday :thumbsu::)

Well done Gazza. A much deserved win. The only dissapointment of the night was that Bruce wasn't hosting and asking some much better questions than what Sandy Roberts dished up.

Finaaaaaally. Congrats Gazza!!!!!!!!

I'm sure Tiger would be proud??? Right Sandy? :thumbsu:

Cooney's peck on Ablett's head...:thumbsu: :D

Loved it. :D:thumbsu:

how embarrassingly bad is the telecast of the brownlow? that idiot asking those kids about half time entertainment? the akermanis skit? that kid at the start? those idiots from the toyota ads? how can anyone decide that is worthwhile viewing? it is sickening, and cheapens the whole night...
:

It could have been worse tho. They could have dragged Kate Cebrano out to sing again.... -shudder-

Re: The Brownlow Thread

Great call!

Congrats to Gazza on winning his first Browlow, and all the best on Saturday for the grand final! :thumbsu:

Yeah, beautiful call though. Though, I called (not on the boards) that Swan would be 2009's version of Boomer Harvey (2008)/Chad Cornes (2007). Gets millions of possessions and does nothing with them. Never won a game off his own boot. GAJ does that every third week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sandy Roberts should have stuck with "What more can you say".

Bomber's missus has a bigger mouth than him. Can you imagine the pash rash that would cause?[/quote]

That was Bomber's daughter, Lauren.

Thought they looked alike.

Congratulations to wee Gaz, never a more deserved winner. Had money on Swan (at 51/1!) but as like some others have said, possession don't mean votes.

I'm glad to see Jonathan Brown get up there too, he had a great year (and I won money on him getting in to the top 5 :cool:)

how embarrassingly bad is the telecast of the brownlow? that idiot asking those kids about half time entertainment? the akermanis skit? that kid at the start? those idiots from the toyota ads? how can anyone decide that is worthwhile viewing? it is sickening, and cheapens the whole night...

however, well done gary! sweet! :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

could have been worse...could have been strauchnie!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast The Brownlow Thread- Ablett Wins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back