Peptides! The *Essendrug Dopers: come smell the bull****! -PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

This past decade has been like watching the Hindenburg burn in slow motion 😍

GIF by joelremygif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It starts around December each year - for the past couple of decades - and builds to a crescendo around March the following year.

Driven by the media (who are 60/70% Essendon supporters). There are always major articles every second day during every summer on Essendon in the Melbourne papers through February and March each year - over the last couple of decades. And the supporters get on board and start strutting their stuff, bragging about their inevitable success this coming year.

THIS IS OUR YEAR!!
BRILLIANT RECRUITING BY OUR GUN, ADRIAN!!
WATCH OUT FOR THE BOMBERS IN [state the year -from 2004 ….. 2023].

Please don’t let it stop.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I can’t believe every season they start with a surge and fade away at the end. I wonder what causes such a repeating pattern.
The draw is a part of it. In the first 12 rounds they only beat two teams (dees and gws) who might play finals and managed 7 wins. Carlton is the only other team in the top 8 they have beaten. They got to play north and west coast twice each.

The draw is a part of it. In the first 12 rounds they only beat two teams (dees and gws) who might play finals and managed 7 wins. Carlton is the only other team in the top 8 they have beaten. They got to play north and west coast twice each.
To be honest the words I used were just an excuse to post that picture

Essendon played West Coast and North Melbourne twice this year. That's 16 premiership points guaranteed.

But they're out of finals contention before the last round.

They would need to be under more heat that this

The blowtorch might produce meaningful change. I am happy for them to wallow in their mediocrity for a few more decades.

Essendon played West Coast and North Melbourne twice this year. That's 16 premiership points guaranteed.

But they're out of finals contention before the last round.

They would need to be under more heat that this
Im happy for them to keep believing they are a chance. They are no chance. They barely beat north and west coast in consecutive weeks lol

I posted after they reamed us at the start of the season that it was actually a good thing, because it would set their expectations way higher than their ability and would disappoint them even more at the end of the season.

Good to see all their hubris has disappeared now.
(Well, as much as their hubris ever can disappear )

Robbo's public meltdown over his beloved Bombers was so satisfying to read. Pages of column space are dedicated to all the reasons the Bombers are the worst team in the competition. But the absolute best topping ever seen on any meltdown cake was found at the end of the article. He compared the Bombers disfavourably to... the Hawks. Oh, that must have caused some massive heartburn.

Or is Scott playing a brand of footy (similar to the Eagles in 2018) that he thinks will become a future trend?

The Hawks arguably are doing exactly that under Sam Mitchell. The Hawks are also a kick-mark team. However, they play-on, generally play with high handball and high corridor use, and attack with ball in hand.

From the start of the year to now, the Hawks have improved their defence and become a difficult team to play against.

Which leads us back to attitude and it’s mostly always attitude.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back