The Good, the Bad & the Ugly - Melb v WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

Its 9 years years on since Western Bulldogs and StKilda had their big drafts and now they are fighting for the GF finally.

Omit stole my thunder but Geelongs drafts from 99-01 = successful era 2007 - 2010,2011? also made in finals in 2005.

Little Stinga, you're a d**khead! How can you bring this negativity here? Our club will get better, but patience is key and ignorant supporters like you get on my goat. I assume you are one of these types who thinks Watts would come out and kick 10 goals in his first game then ridiculed him because of his speight of light on performances even though he is 17.

You're a skidmark on the Melboure Football Club and glass half empty supporters like you need to be outlawed from our club that is trying to bring back the winning culture that we were once feared for.

We will dominate give it time and we will be the envy of the comp

Little Stinga, you're a d**khead! How can you bring this negativity here? Our club will get better, but patience is key and ignorant supporters like you get on my goat. I assume you are one of these types who thinks Watts would come out and kick 10 goals in his first game then ridiculed him because of his speight of light on performances even though he is 17.

You're a skidmark on the Melboure Football Club and glass half empty supporters like you need to be outlawed from our club that is trying to bring back the winning culture that we were once feared for.

Amen brother, could not agree more. Last thing we need is people putting down the club. Saddest thing is he'll be the one stealing our grand final tickets in 5 years and saying how he believed in us through thick and thin.

Genuine Do*che

how is it not near enough. we nearly have a starting squad made up entirely of top rated young kids.

yes we don't have many players currently in their prime but in a few years our current kids will hit their peak. winning games isn't going to stop them aging and hinder their development. in fact it will probably do the opposite (with regards to the development. not the aging)

perhaps i'm suggesting we've gone for a Geelong type rebuild. they hit the drafts hard in 99 and 01. picking up 22 players in those drafts. Ling, Corey, Enright, Chapman, Bartell, Kelly, S Johnson, Ablett are the players to come from these two drafts. and they didn't have nearly as many high selections as we did... Bartel and Corey at 8 were the highest. and don't give me that "They got Ablett for free crap". Ablett was rated as an early 2nd rounder at best. they gave up their 3rd round pick for him.

with the exception of Scarlett and Mooney. Geelong got the basis of their multi premiership team with a bunch of second and third round players... Christ we have heaps of those

Hawthorn did the same in 03, 04, 05 - selecting 31 players over those 3 drafts. many of them were part of the 2008 grand final team

we have picked up 19 players in the last 2 drafts (plus 9 in 2007 and 5 in 2006). In the last 4 drafts we have selected 34 players. 31 are still on our list

31 of the 46 players on our list (inc rookies) were selected in the last 4 drafts. We have the quality young players. we don't need to tank to get more players. we just need to let the players we have develop. what don't you get about that?

It's impossible for me to suggest we are going the Freo or Richmond route. Freo and Richmond both thought they were close to a flag traded to fill holes in their list to make the final step. it didn't work out for them and as a result just kind of hovered around for a few years.

Melbourne have not done this. during 2007 the club realised that we were not close to a flag and so we began to turn over our list. we have reached the point where the majority of our list is made up of very young players. it has reached the point where we need to develop this list as a team and start wining games.

one quick question. how are we ever going to know if we have the players to take us all the way if we don't start trying to win games? I mean if we only win 4 games this year then we can't possibly have the cattle required to get us a premiership so should probably tank 2011 as well to get us the players we need... but if we can only win 4 games in 2011 then we clearly don't have the players we need so we should probably tank 2012 to get the players we need... but if we can only win 4 games in 2012...etc etc etc

if we tank this year will we suddenly have the players we need, is it that arbitrary
This is pretty good unlike the crap by the last 2 who just abuse whoever they disagree with and give nothing else to the conversation. They must be politicians.

So getting Scully was a negative was it ? Beating Carlton so we could lose Naitanui was a positive?
PATIENCE! Tanking isn't patience is it? Making and winning finals is the only way we will create a winning culture and we are no way near it ATM.
Try and add something to the discussion next time.

So getting Scully was a negative was it ? Beating Carlton so we could lose Naitanui was a positive?
PATIENCE! Tanking isn't patience is it? Making and winning finals is the only way we will create a winning culture and we are no way near it ATM.
Try and add something to the discussion next time.

You are all over the shop. I'm not sure if you are for or against tanking anymore??

And for the record we took Trengove at 2...

Amen brother, could not agree more. Last thing we need is people putting down the club. Saddest thing is he'll be the one stealing our grand final tickets in 5 years and saying how he believed in us through thick and thin.

Genuine Do*che
How am I putting the club down? Tanking is the one and only friend of the poor club. If you can't see that we are a poor club then you are living in fantasy land.

You are all over the shop. I'm not sure if you are for or against tanking anymore??

And for the record we took Trengove at 2...
I didn't even understand your last post, that's why I didn't reply to it.
What number is the priority pick? So who's all over the shop?
Richmond were 22 points at seasons end and we were 16. If Richmond lost that game who would be on the bottom, so who did Richmond lose when McMahon kicked that goal? Scully unless Richmond actually thought Trengove was better, but we will never need to know that.
Just because I think omit's post was good doesn't mean I totally agree with it, it's just that I understand where he is coming from. It will be replyed to just not tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Good, the Bad & the Ugly - Melb v WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

Back