Preview The Grand Final - Hawks vs Swans - teams and match discussion etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the Intrude but i just wanted to come over here and wish the hawks good luck for this weeks grand final. I realised very quickly that i would be one of the few barracking for Hawthorn that doesnt actually go for them. I have always respected the Hawks and they have been one of my favourite non north teams for a while now. Whether is be buddy, cyril, lewis, mitchell, Sewell, roughy or birch i have always enjoyed watching them play.

So on be half of myself, Good Luck, I hope you win the flag!

Sorry for the Intrude but i just wanted to come over here and wish the hawks good luck for this weeks grand final. I realised very quickly that i would be one of the few barracking for Hawthorn that doesnt actually go for them. I have always respected the Hawks and they have been one of my favourite non north teams for a while now. Whether is be buddy, cyril, lewis, mitchell, Sewell, roughy or birch i have always enjoyed watching them play.

So on be half of myself, Good Luck, I hope you win the flag!

Appreciate the support ....seems you are in the minority elsewhere in BF. thanks

With Guerra unavailable I think Hodge comes in at the expense of Murphy. I’d play him off half back for the entire game. He can organize the defense and help Ryan should he start to get isolated. (Tom is very unlucky because he was good last week but Ellis is just that little bit more versatile.) Neither are really impact players so in the end I don’t think it will make a huge difference either way. I will be really disappointed if Savage misses out. He had little opportunity last week, performed well the previous week and has the speed to go with Jetta. He can also kick goals from a long way out.

We need a lot more from all our talls…Roughead, Hale & Shoenmakers have all struggled to varying degrees during the finals. Buddy has been good but can be better.

Same goes for our bottom six: Ellis, Young, Puopolo, Suckling, Smith & Savage. We need more!

Well an obvious in for this game is giving 100%. Flu and just poor play almost cost us last week and being the occasion that it is, I expect everyone to be contributing and giving it everything.

Hodge back is huge, I'd say that Savage may lose his spot for him as Murphy was very good last week. Ellis reckons he is good to go but we'll wait and see on him, Goo is out sadly so other than Hodge there isn't going to be any other changes I would have thought.

In: Roughead finding form, Hodge, 110% effort
Out: Savage, wasted opportunities, kicking the ball aimlessly into an outnumbered contest

Can't go to the game but just scored Thursday off work so i'll be heading to Waverly with a mate and his kids to watch training :thumbsu:.. Pretty happy about that and will also go, win or lose to Glenferrie on Sunday.

Now to the game - Hope Burgers brings his experience at centre clearances again. He was magic last week when we needed it.
Hodge to repeat 2008 and be Half Back General.
Rioli to to produce his best for the year.
Buddy to kick straight :rolleyes:.
Just a flat out, no holding back attack and want for first use of the ball at every contest with aggression.
Reports do not matter on Saturday, expect Buddy to throw his weight around without fear of missing the following week.:)
For me the ones to watch are the same as what i said for the round 22 game.
Goodes, O'keefe, Kennedy, Jack, Jetta, Richards. That 6 can really hurt and must be quelled.
Confident that Shoey can do a good job on Reid, it's a good match up which will no doubt continue for a few more years yet. Sydney don't have the big power forwards that normally give us trouble but they do have a quality spread of goal kickers. I think we match up pretty well all the ground and it should be a cracker.
What i don't like about our games v the Swans this year is the fact that -
In game 1 they blew us away after half time and won easily.
In game 2 they blew us away in the first half and we managed to just claw our way back for a narrow win.
We will have to perform like we have'nt all year to win this one.
CARNA HAWKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A mod on the main board says that he has good mail that Hodge will pull out later this week.

I hope he is talking shit or his source is wrong.

We need Hodge marshalling the troops down back.

A mod on the main board says that he has good mail that Hodge will pull out later this week.

Article in the Hun this morning about the fact that he will have struggled to be completely over his virus by Saturday and that they would need to use him in bursts off the bench all day

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/do...-afl-grand-final/story-fndv7pj3-1226481342014

He will play though im certain of it

Ted Richards has not pulled up well from the weekend. They will select him but a restricted CHB is in our favour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a load of shit - as if they're opening talking about Hodge not playing.

I can't work out why people would prefer Ellis to Savage
Savage gives run, effort and enthusiasm
On sat night v crows Ellis was a complete non contributor
I know that's horrible and I hate saying that but to me the choice is very clear

X played a different role on Saturday.
I know he had zero impact but who knows what instructions he had.

With Guerra unavailable I think Hodge comes in at the expense of Murphy. I’d play him off half back for the entire game. He can organize the defense and help Ryan should he start to get isolated. (Tom is very unlucky because he was good last week but Ellis is just that little bit more versatile.) Neither are really impact players so in the end I don’t think it will make a huge difference either way. I will be really disappointed if Savage misses out. He had little opportunity last week, performed well the previous week and has the speed to go with Jetta. He can also kick goals from a long way out.

We need a lot more from all our talls…Roughead, Hale & Shoenmakers have all struggled to varying degrees during the finals. Buddy has been good but can be better.

Same goes for our bottom six: Ellis, Young, Puopolo, Suckling, Smith & Savage. We need more!
I think our bottom six hold the key. If they come out to play it takes the pressure off the others and gives us so many more options. Very important they play personal bests.

I can't work out why people would prefer Ellis to Savage
Savage gives run, effort and enthusiasm
On sat night v crows Ellis was a complete non contributor
I know that's horrible and I hate saying that but to me the choice is very clear

I thought X was doing a shut down role on Reilly and went okay or was that someone else.

That's great. And what did Burgoyne, Lewis and Sewell do as a result? Completely freed them up as the Swans were obsessed with Mitchell.

Let them go in with a defensive mindset. Works perfectly for us.

True, sorry i misread what you were saying. I thought you meant that Mitch would still dominate, even with Bird tagging him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back