Oppo Camp The Hawthorn Racism Report

Remove this Banner Ad

Should any coach have that type of conversation with any young player?
Maybe not coach and maybe not about abortion but the NBA does teach their players about women who will try to get pregnant to get the benefits of a child with a high paid sportsman .

Pretty sure they even teach their players to flush their own condoms down the toilet

Maybe not coach and maybe not about abortion but the NBA does teach their players about women who will try to get pregnant to get the benefits of a child with a high paid sportsman .

Pretty sure they even teach their players to flush their own condoms down the toilet
Well daym. I do see the need to be honest

I don't know if it's covered in those videos but Eddie said he knows one of the three men whose stories were told today and he will be reaching out to him to thank him for speaking up. He was unequivocal about these stories being factual.

The game is lucky to have him in more ways than one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do love to think a world exists where 3 former players conspire to respond to a club initiated report on racism bought about after one of the best players to pull their jumper on in the last 30 years refused to return because of racism.

"What if we said they engaged in some real 1780s behaviour just for giggles?"

F*#k, the whole gangs back together, even trotting out a few of the old hits, or more accurately, misses.

Just waiting on a certain 808 ÷ 2.

With the soft cap cuts due to the pandemic, I believe we cut Chance Bateman from our indigenous liaison team. Is this still the case, or is it up and running again - and Chance Bateman, what of him? If it's not, then our people better get cracking on it.

With the soft cap cuts due to the pandemic, I believe we cut Chance Bateman from our indigenous liaison team. Is this still the case, or is it up and running again - and Chance Bateman, what of him? If it's not, then our people better get cracking on it.
It was covered earlier in the thread, we did but then he came back to the team

As what exactly?
I’m assuming a reference to the grossly misinterpreted “clubs will just draft private school boys” comment.

The point of which was please AFL, let us spend money on indigenous welfare outside the soft cap so we can bring these kids into the game, where without the support it might all seem to be ‘too hard’ so you go with the allegedly safer rich private school kid option.

The ‘too hard’ attitude is clearly prevalent going off today’s article, oh and the last 150 years of Australian Rules Football.

Can’t help but feel Simmo’s recruitment policies come from the same place

Watson
Rioli
Ryan
Cameron
Winder
Jones
Kelly
Ah Chee
Petrevski-Seton
Jetta

Have all been brought in during Simpson’s time at the club.

His private school comments were poorly worded but made a valid point. He was acknowledging that some players require more support, especially indigenous players who can have a vastly different background, and when the soft cap cuts came in he was simply stating a truth. With limited resources, clubs would be tempted to choose a “safer” option.

If anything he was arguing the case to exclude player welfare costs from the cap to allow players from diverse backgrounds to be recruited

Our game needs indigenous players and it needs to accept they need more care in some cases. And that care has to come from people removed to a degree from those in control of football operations

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp The Hawthorn Racism Report

Remove this Banner Ad

Back