Autopsy Negatives vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think he’s that type of player.The guy who will give you that “wow” moment.
I know it’s too early to call but he runs hard, he’s a good size and increasingly on the weekend; he hunted the ball.
We are very short on good sized athletes who hunt and hunt hard.That’s the glimpses that I’ve noted.
Okay, appreciate the insight! Another poster described that as someone who runs up+down all day, but doesn't do much else, which reminds me of a certain Gaff. But I suspect Chesser has more to offer, he likes to have a ping at goals. Anyway, it's certainly early days...

Not writing him off, having a crack at him or over-reacting - and fully understand his lack of experience and even match fitness (should've spent more time in WAFL); just saying as yet in what limited game time we've seen him play, he doesn't display any obvious or stand out traits or skills even. Sure, I get it's early days and he will be a different beast with another 2 seasons under his belt - but, unlike Long, Ginbey and Hewett, we are yet to see anything of interest or value. Long, Ginbey and Hewett showed something straight away. Not all players are same, some take a while to develop, I get that. Certainly not dumping on him or criticising him. It is what it is, he's fairly unremarkable at this stage. Next week he might have a moment when he's very remarkable?
I think we need to put as much time into Chesser, Gimbey, Hewitt, Jack Williams, Noah Long, Culley we need to draft extremely well in 2023 so we can build a core of our side. If somehow we can can our veterans like Yeo, McGovern and Cripps back we can start to build a core of a team it will be painful yes but there are no short cuts

I think we need to put as much time into Chesser, Gimbey, Hewitt, Jack Williams, Noah Long, Culley we need to draft extremely well in 2023 so we can build a core of our side. If somehow we can can our veterans like Yeo, McGovern and Cripps back we can start to build a core of a team it will be painful yes but there are no short cuts
Agree, I wasn't alluding to any shortcuts and realise it's early days for these youngsters or newbies. I feel Ginbey's getting near the overload stage and hope he makes it to the bye okay. Great to see Long back. Hope to see Hewett next week.

Well let’s start with strength and conditioning, and the medical team.
Regarding injuries, Lisa questioned the team responsible for the player’s physical fitness.
“Why are there so many injuries, don’t they have people who’s job it is to make sure that not everyone’s injured?”
Hay agreed that would be something that would be looked at by West Coast.
“Either now or at the end of the year, but something is going to have to change because there can’t be that many injuries"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
It seemed like a ridiculous comment, as though there is an injury prevention officer standing on the sidelines, yelling out to players "Hey you, I told you last week to stop getting injured!?"
Most of the injuries have been collision injuries, not sure how S+C dept. stop those?

Regarding injuries, Lisa questioned the team responsible for the player’s physical fitness.
“Why are there so many injuries, don’t they have people who’s job it is to make sure that not everyone’s injured?”
Hay agreed that would be something that would be looked at by West Coast.
“Either now or at the end of the year, but something is going to have to change because there can’t be that many injuries"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
It seemed like a ridiculous comment, as though there is an injury prevention officer standing on the sidelines, yelling out to players "Hey you, I told you last week to stop getting injured!?"
Most of the injuries have been collision injuries, not sure how S+C dept. stop those?
Hamstring injuries are not collision injuries. Even our young players are getting hamstring injuries.

The club appear to be incapable of treating Yeo’s groin injury.

Players were allowed to get fat last year. In NicNat’s case, it’s hard to imagine that didn’t hinder his recovery.

The club routinely sends injured players back on the ground, including those with broken arms.

Correct, we actually have no other realistic choice.

Hamstring injuries are not collision injuries. Even our young players are getting hamstring injuries.

Players were allowed to get fat last year. In NicNat’s case, it’s hard to imagine that didn’t hinder his recovery.

The club routinely sends injured players back on the ground, including those with broken arms.
Sadly this is true and correct.

The sad fact is the team we had out there was our best 22. You cannot talk about guys that are injured or can't stay in the park for more than a couple of quarters every three weeks. They don't switch, or spread, and they are played out of position, either they can't follow instructions or, more likely, won't. Some of those guys who showed promise last year have gone backwards.
The coaches don't make any game-day changes or adjustments either. Once they start losing the centre bounces, they just rotate the same guys through there, grinding them into the dust. the Eagles play inside players on the outside, and won't throw anyone forward or back unless there's an injury. They ground that kid Jai-Cully into the dirt, Allen should be running around at centre-half forward to give some sort of marking target. God knows we can't score any fewer goals if they just tried something different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The sad fact is the team we had out there was our best 22. You cannot talk about guys that are injured or can't stay in the park for more than a couple of quarters every three weeks. They don't switch, or spread, and they are played out of position, either they can't follow instructions or, more likely, won't. Some of those guys who showed promise last year have gone backwards.
The coaches don't make any game-day changes or adjustments either. Once they start losing the centre bounces, they just rotate the same guys through there, grinding them into the dust. the Eagles play inside players on the outside, and won't throw anyone forward or back unless there's an injury. They ground that kid Jai-Cully into the dirt, Allen should be running around at centre-half forward to give some sort of marking target. God knows we can't score any fewer goals if they just tried something different.
I wouldnt be surprised if Allen has to stay deep because of an injury or something similar. Plenty of stuff behind the scenes we don't know about that would limit Simmo's options especially with 0 players in reserve.

Cully had how many minutes thius year? the term best 22 applies the the best on a list not on any one day. the donts are because we have a WAFL side on the field at the moment.

Checking the AFL injury list for 2023, it appears most clubs have 1-2 hamstring injuries on their list.
We currently have 3 (Gov, Shuey, Ryan). Burgeil and Long are back playing. Shuey is an ankle/hamstring. Ryan was a back/hamstring. Young players in other clubs get hamstrings, there's no rule saying they can't?
Yeo's groin problem is often a long+recurring type injury experienced by most clubs.
Which players were 'allowed' to get fat? Gov actually trimmed down and was in his best shape ever.
NN has usually carried a pork belly through his later seasons, but has apparently trimmed down.
Most clubs have ankle, foot, leg injuries as most common, with a bit of concussion and a sprinkle of hammies.

Hmm, checking the AFL injury list for 2023, it appears most clubs have 1-2 hamstring injuries on their list.
We currently have 3 (Gov, Shuey, Ryan). Burgeil and Long are back playing. Shuey is an ankle/hamstring. Ryan was a back/hamstring. Young players in other clubs get hamstrings, there's no rule saying they can't?
Yeo's groin problem is often a long+recurring type injury experienced by most clubs.
Which players were 'allowed' to get fat? Gov actually trimmed down and was in his best shape ever.
NN has usually carried a pork belly through his later seasons, but apparently has trimmed down.
Most clubs have ankle, foot, leg injuries as most common, with a bit of concussion and a sprinkle of hammies.
For me the conclusion is we are just shyte out of luck with injury. It has become the great leveler and the upside is we will rebuild faster, get games into the newby's quicker.
Just gotta wear the pain of the next few years as we build character as supporters.
Looking forward to it. We will return.

bahahahahahahahahaha this accurately describes a few of our threads
or in Gif format.
Hot Dog Man GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back