The I Was Right thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Look, he did have a crap game. That said, he didn't start in the middle so far as I saw till the fourth quarter?
Q1-1
Q2-4
Q3-2
Q4-5

Wouldā€™ve been less if Holmes wasnā€™t subbed out IMO

Thereā€™s no argument he wasnā€™t good what so ever, but the constant bashing by a poster to a now 22 year old is sad.
Then to go hard in the I was right and post match thread is pathetic

As people know, I'm not a fan of his.

I went really hard on him early and have pulled up to give him time.

Possibly every concern I had 2 years ago about him I still hold today.

He is yet to make me eat my early words and look silly (I want him to).

He needs a big season next year and I hope he goes crazy and has one.

66 games into him so it should be go-time... although I see minimal upside (similar with Clark).

Not quite Chad Warner... Not quite Bruhnlow.
People would bump his thread everytime he got over 20 touches this season. That only happened a few times though as it wasn't often he hit 20 touches
This a really strange flex.
Borderline Pathetic to be putting blame on a 22 year old
10 touches is bad for a first gamer, let alone a full time mid in his 4th season.

People would bump his thread everytime he got over 20 touches this season. That only happened a few times though as it wasn't often he hit 20 touches

10 touches is bad for a first gamer, let alone a full time mid in his 4th season.
But as Iā€™ve said.
To put the blame of a 10 point loss in a Prelim on him is pathetic.
You bang on about Stengle all year being AA quality, where was he last night?
Why donā€™t you blame him for his poor attempts at goal
You just have this sick narrative to want Bruhn to have poor games just to make yourself feel better.

Be a better supporter tomorrow, the past few days youā€™ve had a shocker

Be a better supporter tomorrow, the past few days youā€™ve had a shocker
Translation: Be a happy clapper never critical of anything.
Bruhn and Co deserve every bit of criticism coming there way, were found wanting and showed the gap they have to bridge to be a competent midfield group.

Bruhn and Co deserve every bit of criticism coming there way, were found wanting and showed the gap they have to bridge to be a competent midfield group.
Sure, but from what I have seen, you heap it all on Bruhn.

Not on Bowes, or Atkins, or Blicavs when he was in the middle. None of them would be in the midfield for any other top eight side.

Sure, but from what I have seen, you heap it all on Bruhn.

Not on Bowes, or Atkins, or Blicavs when he was in the middle. None of them would be in the midfield for any other top eight side.
You're talking to the wrong person.

Thereā€™s being able to criticize when warranted and not blamed for a prelim loss. Which is what happened here, I would say Duncan cost us the game more in 1/4 of footy than Bruhn did for just not winning the ball.
As another post said thereā€™s no blame going to Bowes and Atkins who both had poor games.
Stengle is getting a free ride here and itā€™s remarkable.
As in Neale ā€œnot that I am blaming him, but him and Bruhn are very similar in ageā€
There is plenty of players who had poor games, but none what so ever are the specific reason why we lost.

Itā€™s definitely not a 22 year olds fault we lost a prelim because he didnā€™t double his disposal numbers

Thereā€™s being able to criticize when warranted and not blamed for a prelim loss. Which is what happened here, I would say Duncan cost us the game more in 1/4 of footy than Bruhn did for just not winning the ball.
That is very unfair. The dye was largely cast before Duncan had come on, we were hanging on by that point in time.
As another post said thereā€™s no blame going to Bowes and Atkins who both had poor games.
Except I did when posting here last night, and some couldn't the criticism.

Stengle is getting a free ride here and itā€™s remarkable.
As in Neale ā€œnot that I am blaming him, but him and Bruhn are very similar in ageā€
There is plenty of players who had poor games, but none what so ever are the specific reason why we lost.
Neale has been criticised since last night and the resultant behaviour from some has been to hit disagree
Itā€™s definitely not a 22 year olds fault we lost a prelim because he didnā€™t double his disposal numbers
Which wasn't my point. Mine was that collectively we're well short of the mark and it contributed to our exit last night. Our mid group is piss poor.

That is very unfair. The dye was largely cast before Duncan had come on, we were hanging on by that point in time.

Except I did when posting here last night, and some couldn't the criticism.

Neale has been criticised since last night and the resultant behaviour from some has been to hit disagree

Which wasn't my point. Mine was that collectively we're well short of the mark and it contributed to our exit last night. Our mid group is piss poor.
Comes back to expectation for mine.

I fully understand the desire - or need - to blame somebody, but like most things, it's expectation vs outcome.

We all know we don't have a premiership quality midfield. I think we all knew that coming into the season too.

It's been discussed ad nauseam as being our weak link, and it's that's been proven to be the case.

We've all been worried about it all year, and everyone's had their own ideas on how to fix it (The TOG theories, Stewart, Hardie, it's all been about how we can mask this issue).

Whether that's subject to change through development, or we just need different players remains to be seen, but it's irrelevant in the context of this season.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I reckon a lot of people don't criticize them, because they don't expect much out of them if that makes sense.

If we're to get Bailey Smith, and potentially another mid, I reckon that's subject to change.

The expectations will go up a gear, and the criticism will come big time if the results don't change.

We win by four goals if holmes doesnt get injured and the umps arent cheating. 7 goals if stengle doesnt have the worst kicking game of his career.

This season we simply lost cos of bad luck.

No criticism needed. You dont need to be the best at all parts of the ground to be the best team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

The I Was Right thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back