Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A solid contribution from Chris McDermott in today's rag.

First labels 90% of the Crows' squad "untradeable" including superstars like Angus Graham, identifying just the one player.. ONE! who is trade bait- Shaun McKernan. Tom Boyd here we come!

Follows this up with an interesting "Unproven" list including one player I'd never heard of:

link

Which begs the question, who is In Doubt and should he be added to Schulzenfest's OP in the 2013 trading thread?

McDermott forgot to mention that his younger brothers No, Some and Without are tipped to go early in future drafts.

Richard Tambling has played 135 games and turns 27 next month. 'Unproven'. Riiiiiight. He's not unproven, he's just proven to be a spud.

Also, in fairness, surely the listing of stars of the game like Graham as 'untradebale' means that nobody would be dumb enough to trade for him, right?

He probably thinks he was a worthy goal of the year winner and his mate Hirdy is a saint.

Had the Sunday Footy Show on in the background today. According to old mate Matty Lloyd, Chad Wingard won't get a spot in the All-Australian team ahead of the likes of Bachar Houli or Matthew Leuenberger. :rolleyes:

Bachar Houli? o_O

You cannot be serious.

Maybe Matty is miffed that Gus is playing better at Port than he did at the bummers.

Rucci this morning had worked his ladder predictor to get Adelaide into 9th spot then into the finals as Essendon tumble out. He might not have counted on West Coast messing with his prediction for their game against Essendon today.

Rucci's journalistic technique with both us and the Crows is to make optimistic predictions and then write sanctimonious editorials when those predictions aren't met.

Rucci this morning had worked his ladder predictor to get Adelaide into 9th spot then into the finals as Essendon tumble out. He might not have counted on West Coast messing with his prediction for their game against Essendon today.
Has the AFL told them to get out of the top 4 asap so that their supporters/sponsors will no be too upset when they lose their points and not play finals? :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robbos' Tackle (in the Herald Sun) for Round 20... lists 10 "Likes" for the round and about 12 or so "Honourable mentions".

Do you reckon Lobbe's 659 or so hitouts (you know, the third most EVER in the HISTORY of the game) to go along with his monsterous performance against Geelong at their home ground would get even a foot note? o_O

Robbos' Tackle (in the Herald Sun) for Round 20... lists 10 "Likes" for the round and about 12 or so "Honourable mentions".

Do you reckon Lobbe's 659 or so hitouts (you know, the third most EVER in the HISTORY of the game) to go along with his monsterous performance against Geelong at their home ground would get even a foot note? o_O

I'm glad the media are ignoring us this week we don't deserve any individual or collective praise after that performance.

Penthouse to the outhouse in 7 days.

Yes I acknowledge Monfries and Lobbe were very good but after the amount of gobbies we got last week we should actually be copping a bit of heat for our insipid first half.

Yeah leave the media circlejerk for the Crows' players, we don't need ours getting a big head, they will "get what they deserve" if they win a premiership ;)

Don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy to see all the local headlines screaming ... "we can still make the finals"...etc

But Lobbe's effort would be worthy of a Round 20 top 10 for shizzballs. Anyways...

Instead - after playing Geelong away - we get cliche headlines like this:
"charge towards the finals was almost reduced to a stagger"

Just have to laugh that sh*t off I guess.

Was listening to the ABC pre game. They glossed over Port and said we wouldn't make an impact in finals. They then said if North finish 9th and the Bombers lose points, they can see North causing some some serious damage.

Aren't the Tingles going to finish ninth and then create history by being the first team to win the Flag from ninth ?

Aren't the Tingles going to finish ninth and then create history by being the first team to win the Flag from ninth ?
Football could kiss my arse forever if that happened.

Don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy to see all the local headlines screaming ... "we can still make the finals"...etc

But Lobbe's effort would be worthy of a Round 20 top 10 for shizzballs. Anyways...

Instead - after playing Geelong away - we get cliche headlines like this:
"charge towards the finals was almost reduced to a stagger"

Just have to laugh that sh*t off I guess.

Oh I totally agree that it was a performance worthy of highlighting. One thing's for sure, he's a smart lad delaying his contract talks considering he probably had a fair idea he'd be rucking solo most of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back